DSE901 Battery Keeps Running After Draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
OK, I have four DSE901 batteries. Two actual with serial numbers and two knock offs. The REAL DSE901's both stay lit after draw then flash and shut down. The knock offs don't, but don't seem to heat the atomizer as well either.

What I want to know, is this normal? Is this a design in the DSE901? Because if I smack the battery it works fine for a couple of puffs, but then returns to the problem.

If this is common I think I'm going to switch to a kissbox or something that will deliver the 901 vapor with out the battery issues. If it's not I'll order some more batteries... any help appreciated.

0ogier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Lancs ,UK
www.ecig-liquid.co.uk
Sounds like a cheap 901. there are lots of manufacturers out there and many dont follow the patent rules to the build. so they're more like psuedo 901s.
Battery locking is usually down to the sticking on the 'battery side' pressure switch. which is too tight and in some cases even too loose. ( shake it and if it turns on its loose )
Dont try turning it as you will break the wire. a little electro lube on the seal can help but most times its just a bad batch and you have to live with it.

Not much help sorry

Regards

0ogier

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Sounds like a cheap 901. there are lots of manufacturers out there and many dont follow the patent rules to the build. so they're more like psuedo 901s.
Battery locking is usually down to the sticking on the 'battery side' pressure switch. which is too tight and in some cases even too loose. ( shake it and if it turns on its loose )
Dont try turning it as you will break the wire. a little electro lube on the seal can help but most times its just a bad batch and you have to live with it.

Not much help sorry

Regards

0ogier

The last thing I'll do is live with it ;) I'm just going to dismantle a working battery for a SuperMini and swap the switches, I already want to swap for a red LED that's in the SuperMini instead of that blue crap. I just don't want to keep buying 901's if this is a common problem. Either that or I'll tap and dye some pen batteries. I don't mind playing around since I have a Dura that works perfectly just don't want to invest in more 901 batteries if I'm going to get the same problem.

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
Try poking a hole in your cart. Take out the stuffing, then either drill a small hole at the bottom or heat up a pin and push it through. I had the same problem with my 801 and tried this with one of my carts and it solved the problem. There's a thread on this in this forum, but I forgot to grab the link.

Here it is:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...mple-effective-way-boost-cart-performace.html

Just want to make sure the right people get credit for their ingenuity.

Last edited:

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Try poking a hole in your cart. Take out the stuffing, then either drill a small hole at the bottom or heat up a pin and push it through. I had the same problem with my 801 and tried this with one of my carts and it solved the problem. There's a thread on this in this forum, but I forgot to grab the link.

Here it is:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...mple-effective-way-boost-cart-performace.html

Just want to make sure the right people get credit for their ingenuity.

That doesn't quite fit my problem, I get vapor... plenty of it, it's that they don't shut down until the actual cut-off time. Plus I use folded style, not the wool wads. I actually buy padding thats 1/8" thick cut it to size of cart well and then fold in half. You get it at the fabric store, with the fabric... instead of with pillow batting.

Nice info though, I read that before and it's why I switched to padding. Well, that and when I order blanks it's what the manufacturer sent.

MoonMan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
I just fixed a 901 battery that was doing this the other day. It was working fine until I dropped it hard - it started sticking on after that.

I carefully took it apart and it turned out that the moving contacts on the pressure switch were bent too far towards the other set of contacts and were contacting. All I had to do to fix it was to (SLIGHTLY) bend them away from the non-moving contacts. Problem solved, works like a champ now.

Be careful - taking apart one of those batteries is fairly tedious. I ended up breaking one of the switch contacts from off the IC board and it wasn't fun soldering it back on. I did it, but again - not fun. Very delicate mechanism.

Last edited:

mjones

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
South Carolina USA
crossroadsvapor.com
I had the same problem on my 901 batt. After NuWaySmokes hooked me up with another batt (Dave and Molly at NuWay rock btw!!). I took the batt apart to see what made it tick. Seems the pressure switch is a small diaphram type switch, made of rubber or plastic. Looks to me like if this delicate switch breaks thats all she wrote. Which looks to be what happend to mine. The batt still works fine its the switch that crapped out.

allure

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Lake Forest,CA
OK, I have four DSE901 batteries. Two actual with serial numbers and two knock offs. The REAL DSE901's both stay lit after draw then flash and shut down. The knock offs don't, but don't seem to heat the atomizer as well either.

What I want to know, is this normal? Is this a design in the DSE901? Because if I smack the battery it works fine for a couple of puffs, but then returns to the problem.

If this is common I think I'm going to switch to a kissbox or something that will deliver the 901 vapor with out the battery issues. If it's not I'll order some more batteries... any help appreciated.

I had the same problem with one of my NPRO battery. It stays lit after draw then flash and shutdown. But I got it around this problem by taking couple of prime puffs and it is back to normal though the atomizer heats up a little. every time it stays on try to take couple of prime puffs. hope this solves your 901 battery issues.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
I always prime. I used to smoke Blacks, and when they went "Safety" you had to prime them to get it burning again... so now it's just habit.

Kinda off the 901. I should play with it since I haven't used it in a while. I'm pretty steady on the Janty Dura-C and Kissbox. The Kissbox while hanging around the house and the Dura-C on a regular basis. The only thing I didn't like on the Dura-C was the Manual Batteries, but since TW started selling the Titans I just use a Titan Auto battery on the Dura-C.

I'll have to take apart the 901 bat when I get some time and see what the problems are.

Tamakachi

Jan 14, 2010
South Africaq
I have this problem with one of my blue tipped, black RN4081 batteries...
If I pull on it, it randomly starts switching on if I shake it or move it around a bit...
I found that if I blow into the battery this stops... until I take a drag again... then it goes crazy again.

This is most annoying, wish someone could tell me how to fix it :(

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have this problem with one of my blue tipped, black RN4081 batteries...
If I pull on it, it randomly starts switching on if I shake it or move it around a bit...
I found that if I blow into the battery this stops... until I take a drag again... then it goes crazy again.

This is most annoying, wish someone could tell me how to fix it :(

More than likely you got liquid in the battery compartment since auto batteries are not sealed. It's one of the many down sides to auto batteries. It will eventually die completely.

I would recommend getting a manual (with the button) PV. They are sealed so no liquid can get into the battery compartment. And if you want batteries that last 5-8 hours on a charge, deliver consistent performance for hours and only cost about $2.50 each, then get a mod like the Prodigy V2, the Silver Bullet, the GLV, etc.

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
Before taking it apart. Blow into the atomizer end without the atomizer on it. Blow hard at least a few times. I had 2 that would occasionally do this and blowing into them fixed them for a while. They may do it again in a week or two but blowing into them fixes mine every time.

Blowing into them resets the little diaphgm switch and cures the problem for me. If you are dripping, try dripping a little less because you may be getting juice into the battery.

Tamakachi

Jan 14, 2010
South Africaq
Thanks for the advice, I changed from 3 drops at a time to 1 at a time.

I did blow out the atomizer a lot this solved my problem for a few minutes but looks like I'm gonna have to get it replaced, already did a recall so there's a new 4081 battery waiting at the post office.

I do find though that both of my batteries are rather inconsistant, they both only produce a lot of vapor for the first 15 or so drags and then I have to apply vaccum mouth to get a hit out of it. The vapor is there but the hit isn't.

I don't think it's my atty cuz I have 2, a brand new one and a 2 week old one and they both do the same thing! >_<

Damn these batteries really do suck, but like where would I find a black manual battery compatible with my RN4081 attys? Any suggestions?

Shot in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread