Dual 18650 vv mod list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinoCappuccino

Moved On
Oct 24, 2015
I have bought a couple of mods from Shan B of VAPECORE.com and every one is just great they are VV at there best.Vape up to full battery charge of 8.4 volts if you wanted to. ,I own right now 1 14500 mod that lasts easy 1 day of my vapeing of about 5ml and I own 1 18560 VV mod that with IMR's in it last me easy a day I run it with AW IMR's at 1600mha and 2000mha batteries. Shan has got the VV mods worked out and they vape like mad tons of vaper with single coil carto's or dual LR carto's or any addy you want to put on them. And Shan makes them custom just for you if you want. She can be out of stock at times but she is a one girl show and a mother but loves what she does and does a great job of them. I have just bought my 3rd mod from her and hoping for it this week and have 2 more on order as customs. You can check out her web site at Shan Mods @ VAPECORE.com or on facebook. She is a very friendly girl and willing to answer any questions you may have. So if this is what you are looking for a VV mod with 14500 or 18650 batteries then check her out You will not be sorry.

I use these. Holy moly.
IMREN3500G-774x735.jpg
IMREN 18650 3500MAH

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Sadly VV mods these days can only be found in the bargain bin. New VW/TC mods is all I see being made now.

While most of my vaping is in TC mode these days, I've built three RTA's with ether 1.8ohm SS430 or 1.3ohm Ti to use on my Vmax and Vmax mini's.

(the Lemo2's and STM work so much better than the Nautilus tanks I was using before on these mods...)

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    No but you can adjust wattage to get the voltage you want

Actually, no you can't as it does not function the same. VV mode and VW mode are two very DIFFERENT functions.

VW mode works well with fixed resistances (LOAD) but NOT with wire that will change resistance as it heats up.

VV - the output voltage will remain the same as long as the load applied is within current output limits of the mod.

VW - the output voltage will change depending on the load applied in a attempt to regulate the output wattage.

I can't think of a single mod introduced in 2015/2016 that actually has a VV mode.

Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    GeorgeS wrote: I can't think of a single mod introduced in 2015/2016 that actually has a VV mode.

I was surprised to see that my Smok Koopor Plus 200W had no voltage mode, only VW and TC modes. It makes sense that we have graduated to more sophisticated methods of maintaining vape quality. P=E^2/R or I^2 * R and the result changes with temperature related changes in resistance that change the current draw.

That's demonstrated by the way that the voltage changes rapidly in the Koopor display while the fire button is depressed. It will dance around rapidly by as much as .3 volts while the atty is firing.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    And that is why I stick with VV.

I don't know that the voltage dance is perceptible in the vape. It takes a little time for heat change to occur in the coil, so a dancing voltage in the .3v range wouldn't affect the heat much at all. The logic is just changing rapidly around an average to balance the voltage with changing resistance and keep the heat as constant as possible.

Last edited:

0blong

Jan 15, 2016
    Supposedly; the VV mode still alters the volts as resistance changes. it will only be VV as long as you're over 5 watts. On my builds it causes voltage to rise from 3.2 to however far the coil degrades. I was hoping to vape 3v or below and that didn't happen. Would have been cool to go all day+ on 2 batteries with the reservoir in the cthulhu

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    My three old tube mods are VV/VW and I've outfitted two of them with SS430 builds (~1.8ohm) and the other with a Ti (~1.3ohm) build.

While the wattage on two of the devices top out at 12-15w the other device sports a dual 18350 configuration (and much higher wattage). Ether way, I set them to VV mode and dial in 4-4.5V and happily vape away. The SS430 builds are installed on Lemo's and the Ti build is in a STM RBA2 deck.

When cold there is a second or two delay for the coil to get up to vaping temperature. As the coil heats up the resistance goes up and the drawn current and wattage goes down. Sort of a poor man's self regulating TC.

I like the idea that I can still find use for my "starter gear". One of the mod's lives in the "throne room" and the STM is fairly well matched to a set of batteries life/charge.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Don't how it works on TC (yet) but without it .3 flip flop would be noticeable, especially on the low end. If you're already at 20w I'm sure it doesn't matter.

I like 3-3.3v at 1.6-2ohms. Mouth 2 lung. So full 180 from the trends. Everybody wants power, I'd rather have battery life. Basically I'm a dinosaur.

I'm a 10W vaper, too. I bought the Smok 200W for battery life. The principle behind the dancing voltage display in the Koopor is that the coil changes resistance slightly when you vape. The Smok Koopor is reading all those changes at something like 1400 times per second and the logic is changing the voltage slightly to maintain the temperature of the vape, even in wattage mode. What you experience is a consistent vape, not one that varies.

I think it's part of the TC logic in the Smok that's also applied to the VW side of the algorithm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread