dual carts .. and EZ Tanks ..Couple questions. (thanks !!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
Hi everyone .

I have been vaping for over a year. No Coffin nails anymore !!! I'm still pretty new to the forum , although I admit I lurked for quite sometime before signing up :facepalm: . I must admitt that even though I have been using e-cigs for this long I still have questions pretty much all the time.

Currently my main units are Inferno and a silver bullet ( not sure this matters but hey why not mention them . They are my buddies after all.) I used to mainly drip. Dripping worked well except it was difficult to drive and such ..all the same reasons everyone else gives. I tried a bunch of other solutions and the one I liked best (drum roll) the dual carto's . Dripping still has a place , but I am mostly using duals rights now.

So my question is ; Is there anyway to clean these things (dual carts)?? I tried rinsing and soaking in really hot water , blew them out and placed them on a shelf above my wood stove for a day or two. This actually wasn't to bad but not great either. It didn't get out all the old flavor and I think it may have damaged one or both coils in some of them . Any advice would be so appreciated !!

Also I have recently ordered from altsmoke a couple EZ tanks (also purchased the slotted 510's) . Anyone have experience with these ? Are they Easy ? Do they leak ? Will I end up w/liquid in my mouth?

Thanks !!!

there may be other places w/this info , but I am having a heck of a time finding my way around (lol) even search sometimes confounds me :blink:

Lowjack12

Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Cherry Hill NJ
I have tried to clean cartos myself but find the effort not worth the results. I love the tank systems however. I use a liquinator, same type of tank. Never had a leak, never had a gurgle or juice in my mouth. I use single coil boge cartos in my tanks, I hear that the dual coil cartos have leaking issues. I think you will be happy with your ez tank. Good luck

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I have gone through the effort to flush clean my cartos and only obtained partial success; some come out great, others not so. They now go into my SHTF box.

I've recently built some DIY Syringe Tanks and will try a couple of the Ghetto Tanks. Gotta luv da tanks!
thumbsup.gif

Todd Mulske

Moved On
Nov 8, 2011
Cartomizers are hard to clean, but it can be done just like any other system. Make sure all the filter material is out of the cart First Blow out all of the juice. Then boil 1 part distilled water with 4 parts vinegar and soak them for 10 minutes. This will help to clean the carts as well as get any old juice flavor out of them. Next blow them out again; pour some distilled water in them and blow it through the cartomizer; this will power flush it really good. Blow the cart out really good. Then do a dry burn to get all the burnt stuff off the coils; 1-2 second pulses until you see the coils turn red. Continue to do this until you get a coil to turn red after only a half second to a 1 second pulse. Then soak it once again in the vinegar solution you prepared for about a minute or two and blow it out. Do one more power flush by filling the cart with distilled water and blowing it through to assure the ash from the dry burn is blown out. Should work like new. This process sounds long, but it only take 5 or so minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread