Dual Coil 1.5 Ohm and 1.25 Ohm cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I just got 5 of each of these to try out to see how they work.In the past few months I have tried a huge amount of regular and LR ones from many different companies in search of the best vape.I started out with the 1.5 ohm on my joker A/V mod.I filled both with Geoffs Blend at 80/20 mix and 12mg nicotine.I started the test at 3.7 volts.It had lots of vapor,great flavor and a good throat hit for 12mg.Next i went to 5 volts but wasn't sure if it would work or not because i saw a few posts saying people with a provari were getting error when the went above 4.5 volts with these.Well it worked,Wow....nice warm vapor,with even more flavor and more throat hit.Now up to 6.5 volts to see if these can take it.OMG huge vapor,taste and throat hit.This is the first time i actually got a cougher hit vaping.Then i went throught the same process with the 1.25 ohm one and i gotta say i didn't think .25 of an ohm would make much difference but it did.The warmth of the vapor from the 1.25 ohm one at 3.7 volts was about equal to the 1.5 ohm at 5 volts,and the vapor,flavor and throat hit was insane.These are hands down gonna be my new carto and i would recommend all of you guys give these a try.Later guys

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
quick and to the point. Ive been using the 1.5s for a couple weeks with great success and just got the 1.25 ones today. I have not filled any of them yet since only one of my four started to taste funky and the other four include all of my favorite juices so I probably wont try em till I get a funky taste on another one. I am gonna try to wash my next funky one just to see if I can extend the life by a few more days but even without cleaning I am more than satisfied with the longevity of these cartos. the only problem i am hearing is that quality control has been known to drop the ball on roughly 1 or more out of 5.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Hey guys! Where did you get these? I know that Hoosier E-Cig Supply sells the 1.5 and 1.25 ohm Smoktech Dual Coils.

11 watts (1.25 ohms on 3.7V) must kick like a mule. I'm surprised that the 3 amps that are generated don't burn out those cartos quickly. [Something about the dual coil perhaps?] And at 5V: 20 watts and 4 amps. Whoa!

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Hey guys! Where did you get these? I know that Hoosier E-Cig Supply sells the 1.5 and 1.25 ohm Smoktech Dual Coils.

11 watts (1.25 ohms on 3.7V) must kick like a mule. I'm surprised that the 3 amps that are generated don't burn out those cartos quickly. [Something about the dual coil perhaps?] And at 5V: 20 watts and 4 amps. Whoa!

There are 2 coils running at 3.2ohm each for an effective rating of 1.5ohm. It isn't drawing the amperage you indicated. This is why you can run them at 5-6v.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I got some black ones at MadVapes... they have 2.5 Ohm Mega 510, which got bad reviews... and they have 1.5 Ohm Mega 510, which got good reviews...
I got the 1.5's.
I don't understand the math, but they said they could be used HV... "not on eGo, or 510's"...
2 ea. 3.2 Ohm make 1.6 resistance...

Well since they said HV, i tried the first one on my Vari at about 4.0 v... got E2 error. so i dropped to 3.3v and got great vapor for an hour before it showed E1 error... popped atty...

I tried 2nd unit on my eGo with no problems and have it on my Vari again... just for kicks but am keeping it below 4v for now.

Very nice and for the price, if they hold up, this will be a great way to go.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I got some black ones at MadVapes... they have 2.5 Ohm Mega 510, which got bad reviews... and they have 1.5 Ohm Mega 510, which got good reviews...
I got the 1.5's.
I don't understand the math, but they said they could be used HV... "not on eGo, or 510's"...
2 ea. 3.2 Ohm make 1.6 resistance...

Well since they said HV, i tried the first one on my Vari at about 4.0 v... got E2 error. so i dropped to 3.3v and got great vapor for an hour before it showed E1 error... popped atty...

I tried 2nd unit on my eGo with no problems and have it on my Vari again... just for kicks but am keeping it below 4v for now.

Very nice and for the price, if they hold up, this will be a great way to go.

Your Provari has protection that can not tell that they are two 3.2ohm coils, and after an hour that you were able to vape it probably got to hot because it also has protection for that. Try them on another mod if you have one.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
why do they say not for use on eGo... i used it on my eGo for a bit and it worked pretty good...
Your Provari has protection that can not tell that they are two 3.2ohm coils, and after an hour that you were able to vape it probably got to hot because it also has protection for that. Try them on another mod if you have one.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
There are 2 coils running at 3.2ohm each for an effective rating of 1.5ohm. It isn't drawing the amperage you indicated. This is why you can run them at 5-6v.
Thanks, God! Makes sense ... now that you've done the thinking for me. A great concept: low resistance and low current. Who could ask for anything more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread