Dual Coil 510 3.5mL Tank Cartomizer from MadVapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyeryann

Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Just got this in the mail today and I've been vaping on it for about an hour now and felt like I should write a review since the ones I've seen to date have talked about the single-punched (with an itty bitty hole) cartos that used to come with this setup. This one also comes with the polished aluminum end caps instead of the plastic or rubber. I've got it hooked up to my ego-T battery that I bought ages ago. The included cart is a Smok Tech 1.6ohm dual coil. I *assume* the tank is also made by Smok Tech, but I don't know that for sure.

I tore this open and filled it up the second I got home tonight because I had had it with my last carto leaking all over the place every time I used it for more than 5 minutes. I couldn't wait to finally get a decent, non-messy vape. I should note that I have never used a tank before, but I was still able to fill this thing up in about 5 minutes without a single drop of juice spilling or leaking anywhere. I put it back together, primed the carto a bit, and have been enjoying an awesome vape ever since! Yes!

The materials are about what you'd expect for a $10.99 tank setup, meaning the plastic (sorry, I'm not sure exactly what the tubing is made of) is fairly thin compared to the more expensive setups, but it's workable. I could bend it with my fingers if I really tried, but it's not going to happen accidentally. The polished aluminum end caps give it a nice feel, though, and really finish it off well. Aside from the pretty look of the aluminum, they also seem to seal off the ends very nicely, and I see no "breaks" in the seal along the o-rings. It's a tight seal, so I'm not worried about leaking or an end falling off and spilling my juice all over the place. ;) Oh, and of no consequence whatsoever to the function of the tank, I love the color - a beautiful light purple violet color that gives it a little bit of extra flair, which I love. Here's a pic, so you can see (note: the drip tip is mine, not the one that came with it, which was just a clear plastic):

purpletank.jpg

It draws in the juice perfectly, and I haven't gotten a single dry hit yet. I also haven't gotten any flooding, so the holes seem to balance it out pretty well for what I'm vaping. I'm using MadVapes Very Berry Tobacco, which is a VG/PG blend and is a fairly thin juice, so I'm not sure how the carto would perform with a thicker juice. There are 3 holes, but they're still pretty small, so YMMV.

There are only two "complaints" about the setup, which aren't really complaints so much as notes. One is the flanged end of the carto is flat on 2 sides, yet the slot in the bottom of the tank (meant for the flanged end to rest in) is round, so, essentially, the round part of the tank completely negates squared off sides of the flanged cartomizer. It's supposed to keep it from spinning freely, but it doesn't because it can't. Kind of silly, but whatever. The second thing is that the tank can slip up and down the cartomizer pretty easily, which (as other reviewers have pointed out) can possibly be fixed with a larger drip tip. It would still move up and down a little (maybe a mm or 2, the amount the carto sticks out the top of the tank) but it wouldn't be so easy to literally pull the tank off the top of the setup. I don't plan on doing that, so I'm not worried about it, but just be aware it's possible.

Other than that, I love this thing. I'll be using it exclusively for a while, so if anything goes awry, I'll update this review. :) I've also ordered a 2.0ohm single coil carto and a 2.0ohm dual coil to try out once I get them in.

Cheers!

Tye

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just ordered 4 of these in the smaller 3.5 ml size. I got the red, blue, yellow, and clear with matching Ming or Pawn drip tips. I like the option of different colors to put different juices in my rotation for easy identification. I also like that the tubing is made of polypropylene tubing and not polycarbonate (some juices are known to degrade this plastic). I think that they will look good on either my white Silver Bullet or black BB. Four tanks of this size can fit in a used Q-Tip package (travel size) if you pack it carefully with a thin layer of foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread