Dual coil cartomizers... Brandon = confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon3000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Chicago
hey guys, so I got a few carto tanks from a fellow ECF member and I'm trying to figure out dual coils...
I know for single coils... the rule of thumb is add 2 to the coil ohm and that's pretty much what you vape at that will keep you around 8 watts. so a 1.8 coil head, would be vaped at 3.8.

I'm just confused with the dual coils. I have dual coil 2 ohm cartos that I'm trying to figure out and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

would it be a 4 ohm in reality?
I'm just confuzzled!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
An ohm meter will read a 2.0 ohm dual coil as 2 ohms. However in reality it is two 4.0 ohm coils within the carto. To give each coil enough power, you need to up the voltage as if you were firing a 4.0 ohm coil.

I've not used dual coils in months. I found that after a day or so they would often get a burnt taste. I suspect that since the top coil lies above the wick holes of the carto that the filler around it doesn't stay wet enough to prevent scorching or burning it. Since I switched to single coils I've not had this burnt taste. YMMV.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Like Bad needs another +1... :rolleyes:

The only people who think you need dual coil cartos are the ones making & selling Smok's. They work, but everyone pretty much prefers the single coils. IkenVape is typically seen as (one of) the best on the market. Duals will work, especially since they were free, but I'm betting you'll find the single coils much more enjoyable.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Like Bad needs another +1... :rolleyes:

The only people who think you need dual coil cartos are the ones making & selling Smok's. They work, but everyone pretty much prefers the single coils. IkenVape is typically seen as (one of) the best on the market. Duals will work, especially since they were free, but I'm betting you'll find the single coils much more enjoyable.

Someone forgot to tell the makers of clearomizers. Dual head is all the rage and none of them can compare to my simple single coil wrap on my Kayfun.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Someone forgot to tell the makers of clearomizers. Dual head is all the rage and none of them can compare to my simple single coil wrap on my Kayfun.

Considering the size of the coils and wicks of clearomizers, they can probably use the boost of dual coils/multiple wicks. With cartotanks single coils are the way to go. I can't speak on the Kayfuns as my first is hopefully on its way to me.

:)

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Considering the size of the coils and wicks of clearomizers, they can probably use the boost of dual coils/multiple wicks. With cartotanks single coils are the way to go. I can't speak on the Kayfuns as my first is hopefully on its way to me.

:)

I'm a huge KFL fan - I have 2 authentic ones, I just bought an R91 (which wasn't nearly as good & is getting returned) & I'm about to place an order for 2 more authentic KFL's straight from Germany. They're not designed for a dual coil build... but that didn't stop me from trying it anyways for giggles. It... works... I suppose. But not all that well & the flavor took a huge, huge hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread