Dual Coil LR Cartos Arrived … Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For the last several months I’ve been happily and exclusively vaping The Go-go and The Elite. Last Spring I tried out The Leo and was very impressed. Aesthetically I think it’s one of the finest looking PV’s out there. It was comparable to the Go-go’s performance except … carto longevity. Go-carts are just about indestructible.

We moved to Canada at the end of the summer and I had to make a decision about what e-cig supplies to load up on as I didn’t know what would be available. Since I’m a cheap guy … I went with lots and lots of e-liquid and put the rest of my disposable income on Elite cartomizers and Go-carts. Like the energizer bunny … they keep going and going etc.

I was a pretty contented vaper with The Elite and Go-go. I scan ECF regularly reading about other PV’s but I need something truly compelling to happen to make me break out The Credit Card.

Then two things happened: A dedicated Elite/Go-go vaping friend started raving about the dual coil LR cartos for The Leo and I saw PBusardo’s review about these new cartos:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sardo-review-leo-dual-coil-lr-cartomizer.html

Out came the credit card.

I was used to getting e-cig stuff within a couple of days back before we moved. But now that we’re here … well … the last time I waited and waited and waited for the mailman to show up I had sent in 50 cents and a couple of Kellogg’s cereal box tops for some diving navy frogmen. Let’s just say that over the passing decades I had not refined the virtue of patience.

Finally … they arrived. The cartos, not the baking soda fueled frogmen.

I grabbed the syringe, my favorite tobacco juice, and filled The Gigantor carto. And waited for capillary action to do its thing. The first drag Was Impressive. I judge everything in this order of importance: Flavor, TH, and Vapor. Initially TH was crowding out Flavor. It wasn’t bad … just different. After 15 - 20 minutes of vaping the carto seemed to settle down and Flavor came back to the front.

These. Are. Great.

HUGE Flavor, TH, and Vapor.

How long do these cartos last? Do they clean up and resuscitate well?

I used to carry The Elite and Go-go with me At All Times. Now I carry 3 e-cigs in my pocket. Three e-cigs … Three tobacco flavors … one very happy vaper.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The 4ml dual coil LR cartos for the Leo. You can find them here:

LEO DUAL COIL - LEO DUAL COIL 4ml Cartomizer LR 1.5 Ohm, 5 Pack - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank

and here:

Leo Dual Coil Cartomizer

and They Are Great.

I've been vaping on 'em for 4 days now. Since I'm used to the long lasting Go-go and Elite cartomizers I wonder if anybody's been successful in cleaning and reusing these. If not ... then I'll find out just how long these do last before I have to toss 'em.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Whoops...quick FYI and a little plug for my favorite Leo vendor....E-Cig Arsenal. Excellent price (I'm cheap too!) on everything and when I order on Friday morning, my order (always correct and not a single dead carto yet! is waiting for me in my mailbox Monday afternoon when I get home from work. Ships from New Jersey.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi hurricanegirl100,

I'm waiting on an order from E-Cig Arsenal myself. Though since we moved to Canada 3 day delivery is a thing of the past. I ordered a Silver and the Brown Marble battery and a couple of end caps. The one on my black Leo is dinged up a bit. I may have to upgrade my wardrobe to match the look of cool e-cigs. If all goes well I'll be vaping with my new batteries in about 10 days.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Quick note. I learned this trick here on ECF...after a week or so, the draw on the Leo XL carto can get a little too stiff. It's caused by the constriction of the filler around the center. I take a paper clip, and working from the top of the cart (not the battery end connection) I gently push outward against the inner walls of the carto's center hole. If you push down too deeply, you'll do harm to the wick/heating element, but if you're careful, Bobalex, just a minute or two with that paper clip and the carto works like new again. (Only better, because of all the juice that's steeped in there!)

I know how you feel about needing a fresher wardrobe lol...This thing got me wearing heels again! I feel compelled to look as good as my Boge!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Quick note. I learned this trick here on ECF...after a week or so, the draw on the Leo XL carto can get a little too stiff. It's caused by the constriction of the filler around the center. I take a paper clip, and working from the top of the cart (not the battery end connection) I gently push outward against the inner walls of the carto's center hole. If you push down too deeply, you'll do harm to the wick/heating element, but if you're careful, Bobalex, just a minute or two with that paper clip and the carto works like new again. (Only better, because of all the juice that's steeped in there!)

I know how you feel about needing a fresher wardrobe lol...This thing got me wearing heels again! I feel compelled to look as good as my Boge!

I agree, but I did accidentally clobber the coil doing this with the straight side of a bobby pin. As far as cleaning goes, I've been successful with soaking in warm/hot water overnight and then syringe flushing several times. After I blow out the excess water I rest them tilted in a sunny window sill for a few days until dry. The only ones that haven't been helped by this have been those that have held darker fluids, like coffee flavors. For those, I've tried soaking overnight in a bath of warm water with a couple of Polident Overnight Denture Cleaning tablets. Then I flush out the normal way. The Polident seems to loosen some of the carbon buildup because I find chunks of it in the bottom of the cleaning bowl.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
"...syringe flushing several times. After I blow out the excess water I rest them tilted in a sunny window sill for a few days until dry. The only ones that haven't been helped by this have been those that have held darker fluids, like coffee flavors. For those, I've tried soaking overnight in a bath of warm water with a couple of Polident Overnight Denture Cleaning tablets. Then I flush out the normal way. The Polident seems to loosen some of the carbon buildup because I find chunks of it in the bottom of the cleaning bowl.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm gonna have to cave and get a syringe. Really love a lot of 'dark' flavors but they're killing my cartomizers fast! Raven, how do you do a "syringe flush?" What's in the syringe? Where do you place it in the carto?

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I use a 10ml syringe with no needle. On the tip, I use a silicone plug from one of the cartos, but I modify the hole in the middle of the plug so that it will fit on the business end of the syringe. Then I fill a big bowl with hot water. I fit the plug onto the mouthpiece end of the carto. Now, holding the syringe and carto together with one hand, I draw water into the syringe by pulling on the plunger with my other. Then I push the plunger back in quickly. This has the same effect as a power washer. Typically, I'll do this about a dozen times.

It's kinda messy, and I have to often reposition the plug, but it's quite effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread