Dual Coil Mega Cartomizer - 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
We added the Dual Coil Mega Cartomizer - 510 up on the website, normally we like to try out products before making a purchase for the website, don't like selling crappy items. But we took a leap of faith as we've been getting requests for them. Tried one out for the first time, I give them an initial thumbs up.

They work pretty stellar on my BB @ 3.7v. I'm digging them so far, I did try them at 6v & 7.4v (GASP!!). They worked beautifully at both, loved it at 7.4v (DOUBLE GASP!!), but it does get a bit too hot for my liking. @ 7.4v they were only good for a few drags before it got pretty hot (go figure lol...:p). So I wouldn't recommend them at higher voltages simply due to the cartos getting hot.

But so far, digging it otherwise :p

AltSmoke.com | 510 Black Dual Coil Mega Cartomizer - 5 Pack

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Humm I might just place an order. How are they at filling?

Depending on drop size, I have been getting 50 to 55 drops, I must suggest that you take your time filling these, ten drops at a time let soak in and repeat, I usually leave them overnight after filling just to make sure they are thoroughly saturated. Thats the way I do it but others might have other suggestions.

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
I do about 2 condoms worth of liquid in the bottom (battery end), and about half a condom in the top round the sides of the chamber; and leave to soak thoroughly before first use.

Although they say not to use with mosfet type batts, I've been using dual coils for over 6 weeks now with a couple of 900mAh eGo batts hammering hard, and they seem fine so far...

Dual coil cartos are a great advancement in the cartomizer. :2cool:

Paddrino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Austin, TX
www.youtube.com
Well I've been vaping on these for a few days now. I have to say that I really like the draw on these. To me, they seem to hit that sweet spot on the draw than the "normal" boge LRs I've been using. Not too hard and not too soft, but just right.

I've been hitting them at a true 3.7v. Not a bad vape. Although I noticed that I have to keep voltage on them a little longer than I'm used to. I thought that the vape would be harsher (almost like they need to warm up before taking a pull), but perhaps I have to up the voltage a bit to get a harder hit. Brings out some great flavor though!

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
I've been using these on and off for a couple months. A few observations:

The good:

1. I saw no signs of burning/scorching when run at 4.2V or under.

2. Flavor and TH seems slightly better than on a 2.0Ω Boge carto at comparable voltage.

3. Filling is quicker than with the Boges because the filler material is less dense.

The bad (with silver lining):

4. While using these, I've fried 2 eGo batts and an Ultrafire/Trusfire protected 14500 inside of a couple weeks, but they pair great with my high drains (BDL 14500 and AW 18650 - on a vented BB (drilled myself) and an Omega, respectively). I'm assuming that they draw too much power for the switches/protection circuitry.

YMMV, of course - I can't be certain that it was the dual coils that fried my batteries, but it's an awful big coincidence. Still, I absolutely love these now that I've found the combinations that work. I now use Boges for my commercial and protected batts and the DC's with my high drains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread