Dual Coil not firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDudex

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Louisville
Hey all,

So I've been curious about dual coil builds. I've been using my Reo and Reomizer v2 for some time now and thought I'd venture out. Anyway, I got a Launcher V2 and a V5 dripping rba. So, I set it up using 28 ga, dual coil, coming out to .75 ohm. Tossed it on the launcher to test fire and... nothing. Using it in 18650 mode with a Trustfire battery. I believe it's 2000ma 3.7 (obviously). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I was thinking that the base just isn't making contact with the launcher's pin, but I'm not sure if that's the case. I ended up tossing the atty on a zmax mini (stupid I know), and had to crank the volts to ~4.7 before the coils even started to vaguely glow red. So I don't think there's anything wrong with the atty.. it's obviously something I'm doing and I just don't know what. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated!

xDudex

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Louisville
The pin can screw out, but only screws in so far. I've tried and I don't want to tighten it any more and risk stripping threads. I'm not sure how the zmax was able to fire it (really weird). But, it read the coil at .6 :/. I'll bust out the multimeter and see what it reads. Otherwise, I guess I'm just gonna drop some dough on another dripper (albeit that's not what I want to do).

xDudex

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Louisville
In a fit of frustration after getting home, I removed one of the coils. Came out to 1.5 ohm. Tossed it on the zmax, and it fired. So, then I tossed that on my mech with an 18350 that I knew was charged, and it wouldn't fire. So, I think the consensus is that the atty isn't making contact with the pin... which is really strange to me because I had a fogger on the mech that does fire and the threads seem to be the exact same length as on the dripper. I'm stumped. We'll see how it goes when the nimbus comes in... :/. I appreciate all the input though guys. Think we should just call this a case closed unless anyone has another idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread