Dual coil SS build for 40-70 watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
Ive been building for a few weeks now and would like to buy some exotic coils (alien,fused Clapton, stapled) to try out but Im having trouble finding what I’m looking for. I’d like it to fire good between 40-70 watts. I prefer SS316L, it will be used as dual coils. I’m using a regulated device. Can anyone lead me in right direction here. Everything I see is for 85+ watts.

Reactions: NatashaTMT

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
I would try something along the lines of 28(x2)/38 fused clapton, maybe 3id 6 wrap. That would be a decent starting place and should be at or close to what you're asking for.
That’s EXACTLY around what I’m looking for. Thankyou very much. Couldn’t figure it out but plugged in those numbers with the app I use and your dead on. Thanks

• Love

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
I just picket up 28 and 38 wire to make these coils. Is it just me or is ss hard to work with?
You know I was thinking it was just me, I’ve only built with SS so thought it was. But I guess I’m not the only one. It’s really springy for me.. hard to build a perfect coil.

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
You know I was thinking it was just me, I’ve only built with SS so thought it was. But I guess I’m not the only one. It’s really springy for me.. hard to build a perfect coil.
I usually heat up the wire before I wrap, it helps a little. Also if you can lock one leg down put a jig through the coil and pull it real tight before locking the other leg down it keeps your wraps tight. Almost need 3 hands.

• Useful

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    It’s really springy for me.. hard to build a perfect coil
    If you're talking simple round wire, I usually spin it in my drill to get it straight. If you're talking wrapping a coil, turn the tool, not the wire. I get better/even tension, no springiness. 2x28 with 40 wrap. YMMV

• Agree
    Reactions: Don29palms
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread