Dual Coil, Top Airflow, Flavor, Mid-Wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

introvert

Jun 11, 2016
OK. Yes, I read through many, many threads in this folder and now I have a massive dizzying headache.

Anyways, I have a GeekVape Zeus and it does not leak BUT I recently busted out my old StreamCrave Aromamizer and the flavor was so much better than the Zeus or any of the newer type wide atomizers. BUT the Aromamizer was leaking.

So, i'm hoping for some recomendations.

Postless deck is a big plus and dual coil is too, or even maybe tri coil, I guess.

I vape anywhere from 35 to 70 watts

Blowing clouds mean nothing to me. I want flavor.

I do not want a dripper because I don't want to constantly be refilling it. I want a tank or RDTA.

Price: I'm willing to spend up to $40 per atomizer. Mmmmaybe $50 US.

THAAAANK YOUUUUU!

Last edited:

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
OK. Yes, I read through many, many threads in this folder and now I have a massive dizzying headache.

Anyways, I have a GeekVape Zeus and it does not leak BUT I recently busted out my old StreamCrave Aromamizer and the flavor was so much better than the Zeus or any of the newer type wide atomizers. BUT the Aromamizer was leaking.

Postless deck is a big plus and dual coil is too, or even maybe tri coil, I guess.

I do not want a dripper because I don't want to constantly be refilling it. I want a tank or RDTA.

THAAAANK YOUUUUU!
You can't go past the Obs Engine I got both types. Rebuildable and the factory coil jobs. Never leaked in 8 months. Flavour superb. Married it to a Geek Vape Legend Mod, the rebuildable tank with Juggernaut Ss coils (duel) using Rayon wicks and in Vape heaven.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There is a Dead Rabbit RTA coming out. Postless DR deck, top airflow angled down at the coils. There are some YT videos already up.

The Engine 2 is a dual coil, top air channeled to come up from under the coil for better flavor. The deck takes getting used to and isn't a simple postless type approach.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
There is a Dead Rabbit RTA coming out. Postless DR deck, top airflow angled down at the coils. There are some YT videos already up.

The Engine 2 is a dual coil, top air channeled to come up from under the coil for better flavor. The deck takes getting used to and isn't a simple postless type approach.
Took a look at Mike Vapes review nah too small a tank capacity. Pass on it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

introvert

Jun 11, 2016
Man, I think that everyone and their mother is purchasing the OBS models because it's sold out all over except for China supply stores.

What do you guys think of the mesh coils? They seem pretty sweet. Is the mesh better for taste? Do they last longer than cylinder-shaped regular coils? What's the upside? Because the Themis (which I also like) has a dual coil or mesh deck.

And thank you for your replies, gentlemen.

Reactions: Eskie

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Man, I think that everyone and their mother is purchasing the OBS models because it's sold out all over except for China supply stores.

What do you guys think of the mesh coils? They seem pretty sweet. Is the mesh better for taste? Do they last longer than cylinder-shaped regular coils? What's the upside? Because the Themis (which I also like) has a dual coil or mesh deck.

And thank you for your replies, gentlemen.
I love the Themis, I have the mesh version. It can do single coils as well but I’ve never tried it. The mesh has been lasting me much longer than standard coils and I love the flavor. The issue is it takes a lot of wicking and the tails have to be thinned so the wicking can keep up. Basically it’s a pain to figure out what needs to be done so unless your willing to try and fail and have patience I’d avoid it. If you’re willing to figure it out it’s worth it. Just trying to give you all the facts so I hope it doesn’t scare you off it just takes some figuring out.

introvert

Jun 11, 2016
I had an extra Aromamizer Supreme RDTA that has been laying around for quite a few years collecting dust. As a matter of fact, I had two Aromamizer's laying around. It wasn't until The bottom gold 510 positive pin for my Geekvape Zeus twisted and broke that I scrambled and tried to find an old replacement. I couldn't get it to stop leaking. The o-rings and things go bad over time.

BUT when I was trying to resuscitate my old atomizer back to life I saw how good the flavor was.

Sooo. Yeah, I'll be making another atomizer purchase sometime in the near future. Maybe an Aromamizer.

introvert

Jun 11, 2016
Remember any rdta might be top air, but no matter how well you wick it, it will leak if you leave it on its side. And that's not singling out the Crius rdta. It's just the nature of the design. There is a Crius 2 rta that's pretty well regarded but it is bottom airflow.

True. I have built my own atomizer stands for them to sit on when not in use. When in use on my box mods it keeps them right side up. For the most part anyways. Haha.

Thank you, gentlemen. Without you guys, I may have ordered some ....ty Smok. The Smok devices I've used have looked cool and often have good customer ratings but they sure don't last long before breaking. At least, not in my experience. So, again, thank you, kind sirs.

:headbang: I think that this night feels like an Iron Maiden night.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Remember any rdta might be top air, but no matter how well you wick it, it will leak if you leave it on its side. And that's not singling out the Crius rdta. It's just the nature of the design. There is a Crius 2 rta that's pretty well regarded but it is bottom airflow.
I have to say, when you chain vape, everything leaks or has condensation.
Just now I was wiping my Wotofo Serpent SMM. Even though the air holes are up, it discharges something (it might well be condensation, but!).
My Zeus doesn't leak but around the bottom it's sticky. I don't want to crank it further, but I might be putting some teflon tape to that to see if it stops... I removed and reseated the glass twice now...
It's the nature of the beast...

Reactions: Eskie

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA

THAAAANK YOUUUUU!

You can try Digiflavor Pilgrim... very inexpensive... it is year old and very little known/discussed... but those few opinions on internet I found were very, very favorable... in a few days I will be able share my own opinion because I ordered it from :

Digiflavor Pilgrim GTA - Rebuildable Drip Tank Atomizer | RBA

It will be my first dual coil RTA/RDTA or as it is called GTA ... visually it is very interesting tank and seems to be leak proof,very easy to coil and wick and easy top fill.... I paid $18 (w/10% discount) w/shipping included.

20170509141819_19005.jpg

20170509141819_96937.jpg

20170509141819_70467.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread