dual coils and quad coils???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tg123

May 31, 2013
nc
ok i have single coils down pretty good but i have to rba one dual and one quad i cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire these things up i dont have my mod yet so im on a reg battery and they wont fire under 1.5 ohms if im not mistaking i have seen the chart for single coils but no where can i find anything for dual a quad coil setups any help will be greatly appreciated

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Ohms on a dual coil is like water pressure on a garden hose. You will get all the pressure (resistance) on the single hose, but when you connect two hoses to the same water spicket the water pressure (resistance) is cut in half. IE: two 1.0 ohm coils is gonna be .5 ohms at the connector. Four 1.0 ohm coils will be .25 ohms. Ideally you want the coils to be the same to achieve even heating. If you don't have the Ohm's Law app for your phone, download it asap. When you use that app, you can put in any two variables and it will calculate the other two. A full 18650 battery is 4.2v so that's where you start, then put in the ohms and it will tell you your amps and watts. Amps is gonna be the power draining from your battery, and every battery has a different max discharge rating measured in amps. DO NOT EXCEED THAT RATING. Catastrophic failure with a lithium ion battery is detonation. There are video's on youtube if you wanna know how serious the detonation is, but trust me its not pretty... The other variable, wattage, is divided evenly to each of the coils. If a dual coil setup has 30 watts going to it, and the coils are the same, then each coil is getting 15 watts. Just let us know what you are trying to achieve and we will help you the best we can. Lets start with your setup. What mod and RBA's are you working with?

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
1, 2, 4, 8 coils - it doesnt matter how many - the resistance at the 510 connector is all that counts

Ohm's Law Calculator

you really shouldnt be dealing with this if you dont have a multi meter or ohms checker.

coils need to be built identical
if one coil is 3 ohms
2 coils will be 1.5 ohms
4 coils would then be .75 ohms.

if you want 1.5 total from a quad you need each coil at 6 ohms.

one thing to remember is the wattage is split between all the coils and regulated mods dont have enough power to drive multi coil setups correctly.

say your pushing the max 15 watts that is only 3.75 watts per coil.
even though you set up a quad to pull 40 watts its still only 10 watts per channel.

and i am not sure about what chart you are talking about.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
ok i have single coils down pretty good but i have to rba one dual and one quad i cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire these things up i dont have my mod yet so im on a reg battery and they wont fire under 1.5 ohms if im not mistaking i have seen the chart for single coils but no where can i find anything for dual a quad coil setups any help will be greatly appreciated

Its not going to work...like trasher said you would have to make your quad coils at 6 ohms each...it won't make any vapor.. Even if you did a dual coil at 1.5 ohms I bet you will be very disappointed in the performance...it just won't produce any type of satisfactory vapor (a lot less than your single coil set up at 1.5ohms).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread