Dual coils on fresh batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMatt986

Jul 25, 2013
Germany
Having recently "moved" up to dual coils, I was having trouble with vaping on fresh batteries in my mechanical mod. I am using dual coils at 0.9Ohm and get a slightly burnt taste and really hot vapor when I put fresh batteries in. Once the voltage drops below 4.05v the flavor and vapor are awesome all the way down to 3.5v.

I was just wondering if this is normal. My solution is to intermittently let go of the switch while continuing to draw. the keeps the coil and vapor temperatures within sane limits. I was wondering if any one else does this for the first couple of vapes or if my "problem" is unique.

-M@

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
you're not alone, well you have a lot of options. First if your liquid like mine, i couldn't vape duals even at 3.7V. my liquid has mostly bakery stuff and the heat from 2 coils is scorching the taste somehow. When i tried a tobacco flavored PG liquid, i could go up to 4.2V no problems. So you have that. Then regarding the heat, what you can do is either put the basic feeding higher so that you have a cooler vape, or use the telescopic mouthpiece with additional upper bodies to lengthen the distance.What I eventually did is coil 2x3Ohms resulting in 1.5Ohms dual coils to have the heat i like. But again this is with the PG juice, I still have to try the parallel coils for the bakery juice so it doesn't scorch, or put a lot of wick in between.

EDIT: Also, work on the feeding, open the liquid control more, don't use basic feeding, cut 2 strands of wicks in channels if youre using 3mm wick, or try the krinkle method.

Last edited:

MadMatt986

Jul 25, 2013
Germany
Thanks, Good tips. I have both feeding wide open and the telescoping mouthpiece :)

The Capt. is probably right. My coils are getting starved. I will try removing a strand from my wicks to see if that helps.

[UPDATE] The Capt. was right! I removed a strand of wick from the portion that is in the channels. No burnt taste at 4.2v now... just huge amounts of flavor! Thanks!!! :toast:

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
if you make bigger resistance you will be ok Matt. Also if you quick push and leave the button when you vape on fresh batteries will do the trick too.

I dont think that you have this problem with Ithaka but with other atomizers. Ithaka has liquid control. Am I right on this? If its Ithaka, Maybe you need to put thinner wick on channels?

Sorry, I answered your post before read the replies lol
Having recently "moved" up to dual coils, I was having trouble with vaping on fresh batteries in my mechanical mod. I am using dual coils at 0.9Ohm and get a slightly burnt taste and really hot vapor when I put fresh batteries in. Once the voltage drops below 4.05v the flavor and vapor are awesome all the way down to 3.5v.

I was just wondering if this is normal. My solution is to intermittently let go of the switch while continuing to draw. the keeps the coil and vapor temperatures within sane limits. I was wondering if any one else does this for the first couple of vapes or if my "problem" is unique.

-M@

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread