Dual Zues RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Sutton

Dec 31, 2017
Galveston, TX
Hello all!
I have been using my dual Zues for coming up on a year, and have had excellent results

Well, at least until about a month or so ago. All of a sudden, every wick I've had has been bad. I don't think it's the tank, but user error.

I sometimes use my own wire, a premade Clapton type, wrapped 5 or 6 times around 2.5 or a 3 mm ID. I've also used some premade coils in a fused Clapton or tank track style, but generally speaking, they total up to around 0.2 ohm.

I use rayon wick, and what's been happening is 1) after a few days use, start getting hot juice popped into my mouth and 2) upon investigating the wick, it has completely burned through in the center (basically only the shoulders are attached in the coil).

I haven't done anything to change my wicking up, so maybe if I could ask for some help, or pictures, to get a reference point of maybe me just doing something bonkers. I feel like when I get ready to wick, the coils glow nice and even. I thin out the ends as much as possible, and even sometimes I thin them too much. I've been reading and watching videos, and I feel like I'm doing it right. Clearly the feeling isn't matching the results. When I get home from work, I'm probably using my single coil RTA until I solve my riddle.

So I'm asking for help, and any possible tips or tricks for wicking, as I just can't seem to get it right.

Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread