The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dumbest mistakes you've made in vaping (beginners to advanced)

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by AngeNZ, Jan 8, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Got told to start this thread by @Brewdawg1181 - so he better chime in with a few of his ;)

If you are a newbie to vaping - hopefully this thread will help you avoid the same mistakes and have a laugh at our expense :lol:

1. Priming a drop-in coil by pouring ejuice down the airflow channel - it was a tad gurgly ;)

2. Thawing menthol concentrate crystals in the microwave - it all went fine til I gave it another 5 seconds of nuking. Blew the lid off the bottle and menthol exploded everywhere :rolleyes: Kitchen smelt minty fresh for MONTHS

(Putting the bottle in a cup of hot water works MUCH better)

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tailland

tailland Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    3. Not priming coils sufficiently = coil dead = wasted $

4. Firing up self-made coils with too much wattage and wondering why the vape tastes like garbage.

5. Thinking 1ml spirit of melissa would add a subtle touch to my self-made liquid = 1 liter completely ruined.

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 1
  3. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Rewicking an RTA by using the mod as a work stand. Grab it the wrong way and the wick is toast. Turn it off before you start!

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 6
    • Love x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

touching the fire button on a mod while I was rewicking... Burnt cotton and hands. Now I turn it off while I build.

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Susaz

You beat me to it, hadn't seen it!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Vicman

Vicman Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Driving in my car, had my mod in my coat pocket, took it out and took a big hit. Didn't realize the mod went to full power while in my pocket and almost died from the massive burnt hit I just took. Fried that coil and didn't have a back up. After that, I checked the settings when taking a mod out of my pocket and taking a hit.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Zahlia

Zahlia Full Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Let out so many massive clouds in my car that I couldn't even see the traffic ahead of me and almost rear ended the car in front of me who had just slammed on his brakes.

• Like x 8
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Agree x 1
  8. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Well, first I've gotta say that I've heard this just about enough times from women. Read my Alerts, and see "AngeNZ mentioned you in Dumbest Mistakes You've Ever Made":?:

Second, I've got to say - It was your idea, and it was a good one! I'm probably going to have to think on that one, pare it down to the dumbest only, and get back to you!

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Wait....
    Huh? Never mind, I probably don't want to know!:eek:
    And I don't think you're allowed to tell us here.

• Funny Funny x 8
  10. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Oh I'm dying laughing here, I'd apologize if it wasn't so damn funny ;) It's all good Brew :wub: - my new mission is to try and top that alert one day soon ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Blowing on a hot coil to cool it for wicking, but lips got too close, ouch!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 1
    • Love x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    While sitting at the computer and just after applying some drops to my RDA .Got so interested in reading in the computer, that I forgot to put the top with the drip tip back on my RDA. So went to take a drag and found my lips touching the two RDA post just before I hit the start button. That was close.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    - Wrong end of a pod mod. Underwhelming, but hey - no burn. And it was dark.
    - Forgetting you've played with your mod then taking a hit at full power on a bvc. Fastest Draw Ever.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It's always a good plan to wick the coil before filling an rta with juice. Doesn't hurt to know where the kittens are when building. They really like to help.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Too much wattage on a skinny coil made a flamethrower of my rdta, which singed by lips and moustache. Twice.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You guys may remember, from a couple months ago...

I've "kissed the dragon" before and burned my fingers on coils. But this one was exceptionally bad because I was holding it down full force while trying to screw it in.

dmco7pbjyzr01.jpg

Otherwise, worst decisions were bad purchases. Namely the Iconic RDA, Pulse 24 RDA (this one wasn't that bad, but I ordered a Drop the same night and picked up a Dead Rabbit the day after while waiting for the drop, so it never got used), Wasp RDA, and Profile RDA. Oh and my DotSquonk with 2 extra set of doors which cost as much as the mod itself. My $250 CAD paperweight. I could have just bought a nice one.

Bonus round best purchases? #1 ever is my B2K, 2 extra decks, and 3 extra caps. Followed by my Luna which got me to love Squonking. My Plug which is just a pure workhorse and gold standard of reliability. And my Stinger which I so dearly love.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Susaz

From the days of yore...
    Using a USB passthrough for my 901 atties I burned my desktop power... I had to get a new one!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  18. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I killed two brand new Riva batteries in a row using a dead (shorted) cartomizer. :facepalm:

Thank God for the new mods with built-in protection. :D

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. stormjib

stormjib Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2014
    California
    Probably trying to vape my remote control. Not just once, either. If it's in my hand, it must be a vape!

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    my first factory prebuilt Joye atty. took a peek inside to see what a coil looked like and there was a fuzzy going thru it. figured it was a fuzzy from pocket lint. took a bit of work with a tweezer to get that dang fuzzy out. :). anybody ever re-wick a 510 atty? with a bridge, of course.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1