Dura-C Draw - Strange - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJim

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2008
Chichester, UK
Hi Folks, got my Dura-C two days ago, do you find its strange when you take a drag on it. My 901 seems to let the air pass through very well but the Dura-C just seems to be very hard draw. Also unless the atomizer is wetter than a haddocks bathing costume vapour is very poor.
Have I got a duff one do you think. Also when you put in a fresh cart and press the manual battery, do you get a bubbling sound?

Any help would be great, Oh and I have a faulty battery I think. Im a bit dissapointed to be honest.

Thanks,
Jim.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Hi Folks, got my Dura-C two days ago, do you find its strange when you take a drag on it. My 901 seems to let the air pass through very well but the Dura-C just seems to be very hard draw. Also unless the atomizer is wetter than a haddocks bathing costume vapour is very poor.
Have I got a duff one do you think. Also when you put in a fresh cart and press the manual battery, do you get a bubbling sound?

Any help would be great, Oh and I have a faulty battery I think. Im a bit dissapointed to be honest.

Thanks,
Jim.

I have two different JOYE510 aka Dura-C, models (one is the older model atomizer and the other is the newer stock) and both are a feather light draw. If you hear gurgling in your atomizer when you draw, it means your atomizer is flooded, shake it out to get the excess liquid out.

I like to drip, so I get these massively giant fog clouds when I vape with my 510 but it works well just keeping the cart nice and moist. After I drip on the atomizer, I give it about 30 seconds to soak into the steel wicking mesh. That usually helps.

Strange your having trouble, indeed.

EDIT: Also, try cleaning the contact point between the battery and the atomizer with rubbing alcohol.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
I have shook it a bit and for a moment I could hear and feel the air passing through, however its gone back to clogged again. It does this with both atomizers!!! I may get a replacement.

Have you tried cleaning it? Just running hot tap water through it, with a quick rinse with rubbing alcohol and letting it dry, works for me. Seems that the liquid can get sort of thick or condensed and affect draw performance. I have been cleaning my 510 atomizer after every using 10ml or so of liquid (every 2-3 days), to keep up performance, prevent build up of gunk, and to keep it running at it's best.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
I agree with bizzyb0t. In my opinion you are experiencing a flooded atomizer.

Blow it out from the batt end over a napkin 3 or 4 times. Tap it lightly on the paper to clear out the excess. Let it sit for 10 minutes batt side up. Add just 1 drop to the atomizer and hook up a topped cart. Wait 5 seconds and fire that mother up. You probably don't need the deepcleaning method yet. Unless your vaping a lot of glycerin or some kind of kinky homemade brew, it's likely not gunked up yet.

feathersncream

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Northern VA
Sometimes they sound like that during the breaking in period but I also got a set about a month ago and another that was ordered awile ago but came about 2 weeks ago and the 2 atmoizers that came with it are producing very little vapor and I e-mailed Jeff about it but haven't heard back from him yet. I know that a lot of people have said that they have poor customer service but I've always have gotten great customer service from him hopefully he will e-mail me back soon so I don't have to join the others in saying how poor his customer service is lol

feathersncream

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Northern VA
I think it is hit or miss with these things In addition to the 2 Dura-C sets I have - I also have a white Yeti set from James at thesmokeshop & even tho I've been told that they are made at the same factory the 2 white Yeti atmoizers that I got produce a ton more vapor then all four of my Dura-C atmoizers combined...???

Tugger

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
got the same problem with hard draw and weak vapor, regardless of the atomizer/battery combination, although one atomizer is noticably better than the other. So far, the KR808d-1 blows it out of the water.

There must be something going on here, and the attys aren't clogged.

When I look in the atty holes i notice that I can see a metal ring obstructing about half of each hole on both atomizers. Is this the normal configuration?

Other than that I'm drawing a blank because I didn't flood the attys, they're fresh out of the box. Anyone notice a significant break-in period where the draw and vapor are similar to/slightly worse than a 4081?

WindyCityMike

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
OK
Just got my Yeti with manual batteries from thesmokesafe yesterday, and I am having the exact same issue. Took it out of the box, charged the batteries up, popped in the first cart and it was very hard to draw, and got the gurgling sound everytime i pushed the battery button.

Tried the second atomizer and the second battery same thing. Read that this could be a clogged atomizer, so I blew out and cleaned both. Same thing.

Been trying it all day and still very hard to draw, not much vapor is being made, and i've noticed that the atomizer is getting very hot very quickly. I've tried not to overflow the cart, but I have not let it get dry. Not sure what else to try, maybe its still breaking in? From the videos of the yeti/510 that i have seen, mine isn't making even half the vapor those were.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
Just got my Yeti with manual batteries from thesmokesafe yesterday, and I am having the exact same issue. Took it out of the box, charged the batteries up, popped in the first cart and it was very hard to draw, and got the gurgling sound everytime i pushed the battery button.

It normally only gurgles when there is a lot of juice in the cart. I get much better vapor when the cart is a bit drier.

RobS

Mar 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hi Mike and BigJim,

The description in Tugger's reply in this thread makes me wonder if the nature of your issue(s) (and the fix for it) is as described in the thread entitled "Blocked Holes in a 510 Atomizer", also posted to this subforum)?

Sorry, I don't have enough posts to allow me to paste URLs yet!

Please reply back to let us know whether this applies and/or helps either of you with your problems!

hth :rolleyes:

Rob

RobS

Mar 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
LOL, I love my 510 and it vapes wonderfully.

By contrast, my 901 is my trainer for the Sucking Bowling Balls Through Garden Hoses event :). When the batteries cooperate at all that is.

By most all accounts, the 510 is a fantastic model, no doubt about it. I was impressed enough to decide to purchase a few sets for myself!

I'm wondering though, whether the recent lot of atomizers might possibly have the referenced partial blockage issue, possibly caused by less than perfect assembly at the factory? If so, it sounds like it can be remedied fairly easily.

As I am soon to become a 510 user, I'm quite interested re: the complaints involving some recently shipped units.

Regards,

Rob

Last edited:

WindyCityMike

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
OK
It normally only gurgles when there is a lot of juice in the cart. I get much better vapor when the cart is a bit drier.

Well, I didn't give up on it, and I have a feeling the gurgling was still the packing oil on the atomizer. It finally stopped and now i'm getting good vapor each draw. The atomizer gets warm still, but not holy crap that's hot anymore 8-o. Now i just hope that the juice condensation/leaking at the seam between the cart and atomizer goes away with time as well.

Thanks for the help so far for a vaping noob.

WindyCityMike

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
OK
Hi Mike and BigJim,

The description in Tugger's reply in this thread makes me wonder if the nature of your issue(s) (and the fix for it) is as described in the thread entitled "Blocked Holes in a 510 Atomizer", also posted to this subforum)?

Sorry, I don't have enough posts to allow me to paste URLs yet!

Please reply back to let us know whether this applies and/or helps either of you with your problems!

hth :rolleyes:

Rob

I noticed this thread, and looking at my yeti, i can see the insulation through the holes, they are maybe showing through 20% of the hole size. I tried to use a small point and push them up, but it wasn't moving very much, and i didn't want to use too much pressure. I am not the most graceful of people, so I know my limits when it comes to very fine motor skills :)

RobS

Mar 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
I noticed this thread, and looking at my yeti, i can see the insulation through the holes, they are maybe showing through 20% of the hole size. I tried to use a small point and push them up, but it wasn't moving very much, and i didn't want to use too much pressure. I am not the most graceful of people, so I know my limits when it comes to very fine motor skills :)

Well, it doesn't sound like 20% would be enough to cause a drastic increase in resistance.. It does sound like yours is improving with use (clearing out the factory prime?), which is good to hear! I am so looking forward to receiving mine!

Anonomo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Missouri
Once you get working 510's I'm sure you will be more than satisfied. Hopefully your vendors will take care of you. Please let us know. It's always disappointing to read of other people having issues with a product that you're completely satisfied with, but unfortunately it happens. Good luck and may your vapor always be thick!

BigJim

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2008
Chichester, UK
I returned mine promptly back to ivapour.co.uk. It really was bad, im back to using my bestecig 901 now and loving it, usb through my kensington, bliss!

I just got very annoyed cos the 510 is meant to be a premium device and as such should perform likewise.

Slight issue though, and mods please remove it if its innapropriate, i returned the unit as both attomizers were faulty and one battery didn't hold its charge, and ivapour.co.uk took £3.50 off my refund for the cartridges that came with it. Now three of them were still sealed so I just thought that was a bit tight on their behalf as it wasn't as if I got any smoking pleasure from it, in fact I sucked on it like a cheap ...... and all I got was a burned mouth..... yikes!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread