How is your Dura doing?

• Works Great!

• Works but has a short cutoff (Bad battery: Less than 6 seconds under no load test)

• My atomizer died.

• Both have died.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
I am trying to figure out If it is just me having problems with this device or not. Please answer only if you have a Janty Dura First run production model. Please post and include the Inspection date of your device. Thank You.:)
Insp. Jan 22, 2009

*Addition* It still counts as a malfunction if it still works if you jump through hoops. For example: "It works great, if I spin it in my lips while jumping on one foot and look to the left." :lol:

I also want add that I love this device and it does a fantastic job when it works.

Last edited:

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
i had one first run sent it back for refund the batteies where acting up on arrival and blinked in the pacakage and i later found out the first run had trouble with the switch and some where not grounded propley and shorted out the battery and the atomiser burnted out fater then a 901 with the sd used

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
My first Dura stopped working with in 3 days, batteries went nuts on me, had a second one sent to me from Janty USA and that one also stopped working on me with in 24 hours this time ...jeff tried to tell me that i was the only one having trouble with the Dura ...YEAH RIGHT JEFF!

Never again with Janty.......they sux

(There is more to the story as why i have a beef with Janty)
but thats a story for another day

I only buy the DSE901b now, what a waste of money spent with Janty

I do not have the Inspection date----i threw the joke of an e-cigarette in the trash :D

Last edited:

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
Both sets batteries are dead (Bad cut off) and the replacements sent the first time were even worse. And on top of that my atomizer died tonight.:(
They have supposedly resolved the problem and are sending a replacement from the improved shipment. I will believe it when I see it. Having bad batteries are one thing, but when an atomizer fails too I couldn’t let that slide I had to post to see if I am the only one. Insp. Jan 22, 2009

Last edited:

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
i had one first run sent it back for refund the batteies where acting up on arrival and blinked in the pacakage and i later found out the first run had trouble with the switch and some where not grounded propley and shorted out the battery and the atomiser burnted out fater then a 901 with the sd used
Mine were doing the same thing. I guess my mistake was keeping them.

I've disposed of it now, but mine must have been a first run model. Leaky carts, faulty batteries (all the replacements sent were faulty).PCC never worked.
My PCC works fine.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
My Dura worked perfectly for the first two weeks. Now, my ALL THREE of my batteries are cutting out too quickly, and the vapor production is way down. I'm not sure if it's the batteries or the atomizers, as it's happening in any combination of batteries (3) and atomizers (2).

I sent an email to Jeff yesterday, and I hope to hear from him soon. I preordered another Dura kit, and I figured I'll try the old stuff out with the new stuff to see if the problem is batteries or atomizers (or a combination).

Thank goodness I have a backup DSE 901 and a Pilot. Still, I miss my Dura terribly. That thing is amazing . . . of course, not so much now.

I swapped(returned) my Kissbox classic for the Dura because I had one problem after another with the KB. The inspection date on my Dura is Dec 20 2008.

I received my Dura Jan 16th and at first I enjoyed the vapor but I noticed that the atomizer got real hot when I used it and the battery lasted about an hour, two max. I gave it a week and contacted Jeff who advised me that the average battery should last 3-4 hours. He suggested I get the PCC to keep a battery charged. (?) As far as the heat with the atomizer, he suggested I wait 15-30 seconds between puffs or try adding a couple of drip of liquid to keep the atomizer cool.

This is not a workhorse ecig, in my opinion. I'm still not getting more than a couple of hours of battery life and the atomizer still gets hot. This device seems to work well as a stop gap e-cig: good if your out and about and need a "cig". I don't vape it constantly like I do my wonderful Pen, the Dura can't take it. My other gripe is about the cart filling in the Dura: The density is almost like gauze and I think that's why it's such a juice hog.

Perhaps "Dura" was not the best choice to name this ecig. I don't believe it's "dura"ble at all. But it does a good enough job for the short term. It does produce alot of vapor with a full cart and charged battery. I just won't use it as my primary device. And I won't recommend it to anyone.

Jeff on the other hand has always been very responsive to my questions and issues and has worked with me to make sure I'm a satisfied customer and as far as customer serivce, I am satisfied. And I love the Janty juice. Unfortunately, the e-cigs, in my experience have not performed as well as they are claimed to work. At least not for me.

edisme518123

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2008
Daytona Beach, Florida (USA)
I ordered my Dura on Jan. 9th and received it with 1 bad battery. Jeff sent a replacement and a few days later the second battery stopped holding a charge. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The third battery works great most of the time, but sometimes the power is intermittent and the light zones in and out. I also ordered a spare atomizer with it and the spare tastes burnt. I've tried blowing it out, adding liquid, cleaning it etc etc. There's a bit of stray fabric that's out of place and I think that's the cause of it. The original atomizer is still going strong and producing plenty of vapor. The Dura does heat up the atomizer quite a bit, but I think that's mostly due to the lack of a cut-off... which I actually really like. I don't mind waiting a minute or two for the atomizer to cool down if I get to drag as long as I want. I don't think the heat has been damaging the atomizer any though, since the atomizer has already surpassed all of my dse901 atomizers in lifespan and still going strong. Also... the carts leak. The atomizer leaks from the gap between the atomizer shell and the cart, from the atomizer holes, and sometimes through the mouthpiece. I've been dripping with mine and it seems to leak out all of the excess liquid while in storage. The carts are nice... while they last. I've never been a big fan of the cart material, or the use of them for that matter. The Dura's carts are very nice in that they work well and they have a large capacity, but the material gets matted down very easily and unravels when it's taken out of the cart to be cleaned. I've noticed also that while in storage, too much movement will activate the battery's pressure switch and drain the battery... so maybe the switch is too sensitive.

If Jeff can manage to get these devices to be reliable, this is truely a very nice e-cig... although with some drawbacks. The Dura produces a very pronounced flavor and a lot of thick, smokey vapor that is quite enjoyable. I'm currently waiting for this new, "improved," shipment to come in before I ask for my atomizer and battery to be replaced. Until then, it's luck of the draw for me. Although I must say, the Dura does work far more often than it doesn't... and it is consitent when it's working.

Jammi98

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2008
Houston, TX
I received mine on Jan 22. It worked great for 2 weeks, other than being extremely leaky, then between one puff and the next, the throat hit was gone, along with about half the vapor. Tried different liquids and blowing out the atomizer with no luck. I had bought a second atomizer so I tried that, but it was manufactured improperly and is too small for the carts. Meanwhile one of my batteries has started cutting out after 2 seconds.

I emailed Janty yesterday, no reply yet.

I'm hoping they will trade this in on a Dura-C. It sounds like they have fixed the issues with the Dura in that model. When the Dura worked I was VERY happy with it, even with the leaky carts.

SupplierX

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2008
Ohio USA
www.VaprEcig.com
I realize that I am a supplier and I sell Dura's, but I thought it was important that I come on here and give my two cents. I absolutely love the thing, that is why we are selling them. I was a die-hard 901/4075 user until I got one of the Dura's. I have used it religiously for the last three weeks and have encountered some of the problems you are talking about. The leaky cartridge and getting liquid in your mouth are issues that I quickly found solutions for, for instance, after filling the cart, flick it with your wrist to expel excess liquid, I have not tasted a drop since. I still use the original batteries that came with the kit and occasionally one will appear to be dead, all that needs to be done is give it a good whack on your desk and it is back in action. The batteries each last for 3+ hours and I vape constantly.
I do not, however, expect my customers to have to jump through these hoops, I have contacted the manufacturer and fully intend to replace all the batteries that I have in stock as well as the batteries of the few customers that have already purchased the product. We had intended to release the product on our website last week, but have put a hold on the release until all this gets sorted out, I do not want to sell customers faulty e-cigs.
This was not an advertisement on my part, I just felt that it was necessary to let people know that it is a good product, however new, and there are still a couple of bugs that need to be worked out.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I want to echo Taleywhacker's comments about the Dura--it is a fantastic "smoke." And despite the fact that I have some "issues" with it, I'm not giving up on it. Yeah, it's that good. :wub:

I think there's an understandable level of frustration with the product, but so long as the suppliers continue to work with the manufacturers and their customers, I'm along for the ride.

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
I realize that I am a supplier and I sell Dura's, but I thought it was important that I come on here and give my two cents. I absolutely love the thing, that is why we are selling them. I was a die-hard 901/4075 user until I got one of the Dura's. I have used it religiously for the last three weeks and have encountered some of the problems you are talking about. The leaky cartridge and getting liquid in your mouth are issues that I quickly found solutions for, for instance, after filling the cart, flick it with your wrist to expel excess liquid, I have not tasted a drop since. I still use the original batteries that came with the kit and occasionally one will appear to be dead, all that needs to be done is give it a good whack on your desk and it is back in action. The batteries each last for 3+ hours and I vape constantly.
I do not, however, expect my customers to have to jump through these hoops, I have contacted the manufacturer and fully intend to replace all the batteries that I have in stock as well as the batteries of the few customers that have already purchased the product. We had intended to release the product on our website last week, but have put a hold on the release until all this gets sorted out, I do not want to sell customers faulty e-cigs.
This was not an advertisement on my part, I just felt that it was necessary to let people know that it is a good product, however new, and there are still a couple of bugs that need to be worked out.

I do agree with you. I love this device and that is why I am so sad that mine is malfunctioning. I have not given up and I am still along for the ride. I Just wish I had another device to fall back on other than a KR-808a.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Banged my Dura batterie on the table-----against the wall-----on the roof ---And even banged and bounced the Dura battery against my head :shock:------But it did no good......................................
But however! i am very happy to thoughs of you who did receive a functioning and working well Dura, ***more power! to ya***, because i have not had that kind of luck *sadly* with this dastardly disappointment of an e-cigarette 8-o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread