Dvarw MTL RTA & MTL FL (clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
Since I started rta's I've always made my own coils, either kan or ss 28G or 26G and it's been great. I had bought these Vandy Vape Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Pre-Coiled Wire just to try for the heck of it, so I tried one on my new Berserker mini, all good and the flavour was really good. I thought wow, this is even better than my Dvarw and couldn't believe it, so this morning I put a Clapton coil in my Dvarw and can't believe the difference in flavour!

I didn't want this to be true because I'm not into spending more money on coils or Clapton wire but now I have to admit it does make quite a difference. Will I use them all the time, prob not as I have a lot of wire to use up, but I will always have some on hand from now on.

One other thing I noticed they use a bit more juice, guess thats for the flavour.

Here are the links for the pre made coils and the wire:

$3.18 Authentic Vandy Vape Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Pre-Coiled Wire - 10pcs/pack / 30*2/38 AWG / 0.25mm*2/0.1mm dia. / 0.7ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$5.02 Authentic Vandy Vape Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Heating Wire - 30*2/38 AWG / 0.25mm*2/0.1mm dia. / 3.5ohm/ft / 10ft at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
Still shipping :)
Sorry, T-man, beat ya to it.
It was in stock at a local shop yesterday, so I pulled the trigger. Still waiting for 0.3mm kanthal, so 1.5ohms for the Dicodes Tiny will be perfect for battery life, but 28awg (0,32mm) 0.9ohms around 2mm ID (10 wraps?) ss microcoil is performing fine so far. I have a first-time-taste juice in it, though and might have to finetune the wicking (maybe bit too packed, but don't know for sure), but what a fun little rta. :wub:

01D08E47-DD81-47E8-8589-BAA9B556164C.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: ToolmanTexas

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Since I started rta's I've always made my own coils, either kan or ss 28G or 26G and it's been great. I had bought these Vandy Vape Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Pre-Coiled Wire just to try for the heck of it, so I tried one on my new Berserker mini, all good and the flavour was really good. I thought wow, this is even better than my Dvarw and couldn't believe it, so this morning I put a Clapton coil in my Dvarw and can't believe the difference in flavour!

I didn't want this to be true because I'm not into spending more money on coils or Clapton wire but now I have to admit it does make quite a difference. Will I use them all the time, prob not as I have a lot of wire to use up, but I will always have some on hand from now on.

One other thing I noticed they use a bit more juice, guess thats for the flavour.

Here are the links for the pre made coils and the wire:

$3.18 Authentic Vandy Vape Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Pre-Coiled Wire - 10pcs/pack / 30*2/38 AWG / 0.25mm*2/0.1mm dia. / 0.7ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$5.02 Authentic Vandy Vape Ni80 Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Heating Wire - 30*2/38 AWG / 0.25mm*2/0.1mm dia. / 3.5ohm/ft / 10ft at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I've thought about trying that. What kind of build did you do with the std. ss, and what did you do with the clapton?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Sorry, T-man, beat ya to it.
It was in stock at a local shop yesterday, so I pulled the trigger. Still waiting for 0.3mm kanthal, so 1.5ohms for the Dicodes Tiny will be perfect for battery life, but 28awg (0,32mm) 0.9ohms around 2mm ID (10 wraps?) ss microcoil is performing fine so far. I have a first-time-taste juice in it, though and might have to finetune the wicking (maybe bit too packed, but don't know for sure), but what a fun little rta. :wub:

View attachment 787681
Yeah, got mine this week also.. absolutely love it.. same ease and flavor of the 22 (if not more) and I'm a 16mm RTA lover anyway so this is the "one" for me. 8 wraps, 28 gauge kanthal, 2mm ID around 1.2 ohms.. crushing it!

IMG_20181222_154227.jpg

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
I've thought about trying that. What kind of build did you do with the std. ss, and what did you do with the clapton?

I usually did a micro coil about 7 or 8 wraps, about 1ohm, 2.5ID, these clapton's (pre built) are supposed to be .7oms, but i'm getting .68ohms. I was sure the flavour wouldn't be any different, well... I was wrong. haha

I also have a pack of these mtl ss claptons coming to try different builds:

$5.47 Authentic Coilology 316L Stainless Steel MTL 4-in-1 Pre-Coiled Wire (4 Specs) - 6-pack/spec at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I usually did a micro coil about 7 or 8 wraps, about 1ohm, 2.5ID, these clapton's (pre built) are supposed to be .7oms, but i'm getting .68ohms. I was sure the flavour wouldn't be any different, well... I was wrong. haha
Ok, so you haven't built from the roll of it, but just used the pre-mades, right?

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
One hilarious detail I'm not too ashamed to admit to is that I once read this woman somewhere who was like "Don't forget the top of the chamber (and you will), because you'll have a mod full of juice." And I thought to myself 'That'll never happen to me!' and with the 22mm it never happened. With the 16mm however... Yeah, the courier was in front of the door with my food and I quickly put the tank on the base and went to the door, only to come back and find a mod full of liquid. I was kinda bummed and questioning my wicking abilities, until I saw the top of the dome still on my desk. :lol:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
One hilarious detail I'm not too ashamed to admit to is that I once read this woman somewhere who was like "Don't forget the top of the chamber (and you will), because you'll have a mod full of juice." And I thought to myself 'That'll never happen to me!' and with the 22mm it never happened. With the 16mm however... Yeah, the courier was in front of the door with my food and I quickly put the tank on the base and went to the door, only to come back and find a mod full of liquid. I was kinda bummed and questioning my wicking abilities, until I saw the top of the dome still on my desk. [emoji38]
I have done that twice already and have almost done it a couple other times. I don't know what it is about that little darn top that keeps hiding from me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
Hi all & please indulge a question ;
Does this gadget, by way of design allow the juice in the tank to free flow to & from the wick ?
Or ... is fluid allowed 'in' but not back out ?
I tried a couple other of the latest mtl rta's & their downfall was juice contamination due to the open nature of the wicking arrangement.
By most accounts, this device has great flavor, is very easy to wick & I can live with the bottom fill.
Ive been a KFL user & they meet my needs very well, thinking this one might be as good as KFL flavor wise & with the added bonus of eliminating the (sometimes) finicky nature of wicking it.
What say the collective ?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Does this gadget, by way of design allow the juice in the tank to free flow to & from the wick ?
I tried a couple other of the latest mtl rta's & their downfall was juice contamination due to the open nature of the wicking arrangement.
By most accounts, this device has great flavor, is very easy to wick & I can live with the bottom fill.
Ive been a KFL user & they meet my needs very well, thinking this one might be as good as KFL flavor wise & with the added bonus of eliminating the (sometimes) finicky nature of wicking it.
There is no "check valve" in this atty, or any other that I'm aware of, so you'll always get varying degrees of 2 way flow, depending on design. I find the flavor & vape on this tank much better than KFL. And while it's easier than the KFL to build, it is kind of similar to KFL. You still have an outer ring in the chimney assembly, and the assembly is still 2 piece. And you'll have to be careful to position & fluff the wick properly at the juice inlet holes, especially since the juice is above the deck (which makes it very hard for juice to flow upward, but it can a little with capillary action). And the top of the chimney assembly can sometimes stick to the top, others the bottom of the tank when disassembling. But it is a really nice vape (among the best I've had), and a compact size. I really liked it, but don't use it anymore because I find that Doggy 2K16 and True MTL offer the same vape, but have fewer parts and are less finicky. All that said, to your original point: I think this design probably does minimize the 2-way flow of juice compared to doggies or True, so it may be for you.

Reactions: carbonbegone

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
As a longtime KFL fan (I have enough KFL gear, my kids will be selling it in an estate sale lol), the Dvarw, IMO, gives me as satisfying a vape as the KFL and much easier to build, wick, fill, etc. all the way around and never a leak or gurgle ever!

For the cost of a clone its worth trying to see if it meets your need expressed above (and then get an authentic :)) as I'm not sure about the back and forth. I use the 1mm insert for a tight, MTL draw.

Reactions: carbonbegone

Rockford

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2018
BC Canada
As a longtime KFL fan (I have enough KFL gear, my kids will be selling it in an estate sale lol), the Dvarw, IMO, gives me as satisfying a vape as the KFL and much easier to build, wick, fill, etc. all the way around and never a leak or gurgle ever!

For the cost of a clone its worth trying to see if it meets your need expressed above (and then get an authentic :)) as I'm not sure about the back and forth. I use the 1mm insert for a tight, MTL draw.

Yeah, I'm using it with what it came with (air hole) and it's a bit loose draw for me, but love the tank

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yea thanks ..
@ 16 bucks it's an inexpensive experiment.
I liked the doggy very much, great vape, easier build & filling than kfl, but contamination was deal breaker.
Is this thing solid regarding leaks ?
I got it to leak first time. But in fairness, I slapped a build in quickly, like I did doggies. Didn't pay enough attention to the intake holes. It didn't leak after that for me, but I didn't use it that long before I realized that it just was as good as, not better than the doggy for me. So the extra size, weight, parts, and build attention required made it just unnecessary for me, so I gave it away. But if cross flow was your litmus test, this will probably be awesome for you, with the deck below the juice. It really is a nice tank.

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread