Dvarw MTL RTA & MTL FL (clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I'm hoping for common sense improvements and new independent trade deals with China but we will have to see.
In the meantime the new kayfun lite arrived and I knew I'd like it as I liked the old one. I've not really enjoyed kayfuns since the v3 mini which was my go to during a bit of a dry spell for mtl and with so many great atomisers lately the last thing I needed is another to put into rotation but I'm finding I pick it up more than the dvarw. Few o rings to perish, solid but simple enough to know your not risking breaking it when out and about.
A wide airflow choice that you can set and leave, no fussy deck due to bottom fill and a whole lot quicker to rewick without the top cap (especially when your a manabush fan and have to rework every two days).
The sxk clone arrived on Friday too and I've set that up and it's in use. Absolutely zero difference visually except the airflow grub screw being made from steel rather than nylon and in blind testing I'm afraid I found zero flavour differences.
Nice to have the genuine as I feel I've paid the piper but will undoubtedly buy another couple of sxk's.
FWIW, I’ve found that the metal airflow control screws in my KMv3 tanks (clones) seem to interfere with temperature control operation. Taking them out seemed to cure the pulsing problems I was having. Luckily, I liked The airflow wide open anyway.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
FWIW, I’ve found that the metal airflow control screws in my KMv3 tanks (clones) seem to interfere with temperature control operation. Taking them out seemed to cure the pulsing problems I was having. Luckily, I liked The airflow wide open anyway.
Yeah I agree. I used nyloc on mine and it seemed to hold things steady.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Yeah I agree. I used nyloc on mine and it seemed to hold things steady.
What is “nyloc”, how do you use it and where do you get it?

I want to try a KF Lite clone, but they all seem to use a metal airflow screw which, if removed, would leave a hole for condensation and eliquid to flow down the hollow 510 pin and into the mod’s 510 connection.

I guess I could try to wrap a small width of Teflon tape around the airflow screw...but that would be pretty intricate work for me.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK

I want to try a KF Lite clone, but they all seem to use a metal airflow screw which, if removed, would leave a hole for condensation and eliquid to flow down the hollow 510 pin and into the mod’s 510 connection.

I guess I could try to wrap a small width of Teflon tape around the airflow screw...but that would be pretty intricate work for me.
Nylon is liquid nylon, sold in a tube (also called threadlock).
You put it,on the threads,of the screw and it dries to lock the screw.
It's not forever locked but holds firmly and stops the screw from moving.

• Informative
Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Nylon is liquid nylon, sold in a tube (also called threadlock).
You put it,on the threads,of the screw and it dries to lock the screw.
It's not forever locked but holds firmly and stops the screw from moving.
Ahh - that’s the stuff some people were using on the first Eleaf Lemo to keep the airflow control nut from moving.

Thanks.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
Ahh - that’s the stuff some people were using on the first Eleaf Lemo to keep the airflow control nut from moving.

Thanks.
It's great stuff. No flavour issues as it dries to be heat tolerant. Usually used to keep bolts firm in moving machinery.
Find it in two strengths on Amazon or eBay. Red is a medium lock and blue a firm lock. Both are fine but you may want to use red if you adjust the airflow screw with a little blue screwdriver.

Borcanescu

Mar 21, 2017

there is no point to do this. is better to buy some original spare to nKfl

• Optimistic

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
there is no point to do this. is better to buy some original spare to nKfl
The genuine spare af screw for the kayfun mini v3 often has the same issue due to the tolerance differences. Yes it would be better to buy a genuine kf v3 (I've one myself) but not everyone can afford one. That said with the prime and lite (which I'm very much enjoying currently, so hassle free) being popular you can pick up a second hand genuine kf mini v3 for a very reasonable price currently.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
The genuine spare af screw for the kayfun mini v3 often has the same issue due to the tolerance differences. Yes it would be better to buy a genuine kf v3 (I've one myself) but not everyone can afford one. That said with the prime and lite (which I'm very much enjoying currently, so hassle free) being popular you can pick up a second hand genuine kf mini v3 for a very reasonable price currently.
There's a KF v3 for sale in the classies as I type this!

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Have you tried your SXK KF Lite in temp control? Any issues?

I kinda wish they would open the classified up again to new applicants again.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
I've a genuine kfl and ask clone here and both have been set up with nife wire for rd and both are on lostvape corals and I'm getting zero difference in performances.
A slight variation in ohms (I mean .02) but that's likely down to the coil legs.
Heat and oomph seem identical.
I've a black one on route from an UN named manufacturer (possibly ultron), well see how it performs and I will put some pics and results up.

• Informative

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
If anyone has the sxk kfl (2019). you get a spare steel airflow grub screw. It's worth putting that in as well once you've set your airflow as there's room without it standing proud of the 510 ring and it securely holds the first grub screw in position to prevent a change airflow. Also makes a solid contact.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I've a genuine kfl and ask clone here and both have been set up with nife wire for rd and both are on lostvape corals and I'm getting zero difference in performances.
A slight variation in ohms (I mean .02) but that's likely down to the coil legs.
Heat and oomph seem identical.
I've a black one on route from an UN named manufacturer (possibly ultron), well see how it performs and I will put some pics and results up.
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Black wings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread