Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Shorter is "ok" as long as it's not too small. I also agree that the fact there is nothing to adjust is effing appealing!! (With the interchangeable airflow etc. inserts).

Don't get me wrong, I love my old KFL+, but the ol' problem with the airflow screws always just SLIGHTLY deadjusting over time..is annyoying. (And how incredibly annoying juice control with KF V3 and V5 is, let alone the first Berserker.) Sometimes I want the old nautilus times back which was just "perfect" out of the box :)

Anyway, also extremely excited for the Dvarw!

It has a moving part... Liquid Control. Just like the 2K18 Doggie

• Useful
Reactions: AngeNZ

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I just got my Dvarw and a quick cleaning, threw in a 2.5mm 7wrap spaced coil with Rayon and vaping it now to see how it works. View attachment 817859
You can find spares on Fasttech, 3f vape for this your / 2ml your Steamtuners topfill version of Dvarw,
Shame they dont have midi 3.5ml version available yet.
Standard Dvarw dont have jfc or moving parts,

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Hello!

I just got the version from FT, this one:

$9.69 Dvarw MTL V2 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / 316 stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's a genius little atty, but I am having a slight flooding problem.

I wicked it like I see elsewhere, like in the picture:

20180823_231432-jpeg.170510

Any tips on the gurgling/flooding? O-Rings maybe?

Ty!

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Hello!

$9.69 Dvarw MTL V2 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / 316 stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Ty!

That's looks like you've got the cotton sticking out of the wicking hole. You don't want it like that. Also your coil looks kind of low and you have a lot of cotton in there.

I made the centre of the coil roughly level with the top of the posts. Then I wick it like this:

DvarwWicking01.jpg

Then feed the ends of the wick through the chamber ring. Make sure the ring is pressed down properly and not trapping any cotton. After that I trim the wicks and lightly pack them down behind the wicking holes.

DvarwWicking02.jpg

As you can see in the above image I have wick sticking out slightly on the right side wicking hole. So I just use a small screwdriver and push it back in slightly. Then I prime the wicks and replace the chamber cap. Hope this helps. :)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
That's looks like you've got the cotton sticking out of the wicking hole. You don't want it like that. Also your coil looks kind of low and you have a lot of cotton in there.

I made the centre of the coil roughly level with the top of the posts. Then I wick it like this:

View attachment 818021

Then feed the ends of the wick through the chamber ring. Make sure the ring is pressed down properly and not trapping any cotton. After that I trim the wicks and lightly pack them down behind the wicking holes.

View attachment 818023

As you can see in the above image I have wick sticking out slightly on the right side wicking hole. So I just use a small screwdriver and push it back in slightly. Then I prime the wicks and replace the chamber cap. Hope this helps. :)
That coil needs either a good burn or it replaced... Just noticing some build up on it. LoL

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Let's see pics of YOUR tank...

Ok I just put it away for today and I am frankly disappointed. I realize it's pathetic I didn't put an image of my tank up (yet), but will do. I read the other guy's tips. I also trimmed the wick since I thought it might have been too much cotton. The only thing left I can think of is to cut them even shorter and as the other guy said "just lightly pack them down", rather than bending down and "stuffing" down. (In other words: I am still using too much and it therefore can't wick fast enough?) I bet this is the problem. Yet, I am somewhat disappointed this is SO finicky.

I spent the entire afternoon on this and I am "done" for now, sorry for not uploading pics. If it's flooding again tomorrow I will. (Today was a nightmare honestly)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Hello!

Ty!

That wasn't my pic. So, I replaced two of the large Orings, no difference. Right this second it's flooding like mad. Will try the other tips.

Show a photo of YOUR build. I would NOT use the build in the photo as a reference. Waaayy too spaced. Better to have more of the coil over the air flow hole. Looks too low. Looks like too much cotton.

Need to see YOUR build.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Ok I just put it away for today and I am frankly disappointed. I realize it's pathetic I didn't put an image of my tank up (yet), but will do. I read the other guy's tips. I also trimmed the wick since I thought it might have been too much cotton. The only thing left I can think of is to cut them even shorter and as the other guy said "just put them down slightly", rather than bending down and "stuffing" down. (In other words: I am still using too much and it therefore can't wick fast enough?) I bet this is the problem. Yet, I am somewhat disappointed this is SO finicky.

I spent the entire afternoon on this and now I am "done" for now, so sorry for not uploading pics. If it's flooding again tomorrow I will. (Today was a nightmare honestly)

Don't let it get you down and frustrate you. We all have bad days with new tanks. Taking a break and coming back to it later is often the best plan.

Some things you should check later:

See if the chamber cap is coming loose when unscrewing the tank section to fill. My first Dvarw was a Coppervape clone and it had a bad habit of doing that. Sometimes it doesn't fit right when the tank screws back together.

Put some VG or E-Liquid on the O-ring that the chamber ring fits on to. Lip balm works too. Make sure that chamber ring is down tight with no cotton underneath.

Check the tank section is not loose. My newest Dvarw clone has very smooth threads and sometimes loosens when I screw it on and off my mod. If it comes loose juice gets into the chamber and produces gurgling.

Check all O-rings.

It's really worth putting up with all these early problems because it's such a good vape.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Ok I disassembled it now entirely, washed it, rebuilt it, rewicked it. The last times I tried, NO FLOODING. Knock on food. I am still a little miffed since I didn't expect it as finicky and I didn't wick it differently than what I saw on (many) videos.

What I did now, less cotton and shorter.

I am not sure yet about how I should deal with the (oval) holes. I have even seen some wicking with the ends coming out the holes and saying it helps for leaking?

Also, one could wick with covering the holes, and one could wick basically leaving the holes open. (THIS wick only about half covers the holes on each side at the bottom - maybe the fact that it's now OPEN helps that it's not flooding??? Since the juice can now easier get there where it should??)

Then there are of course those who put their wicks in S or M shape. Any input?

By the way, coming from a KFL2+ where everything, air hole, juice canals etc. is really tiny BUT EVEREYTHING WORKS AMAZING....I wonder whether the two oval juice holes of the Dvarw are just way too over-dimensioned. For sure for low W MTL vaping. Why would you need these big holes?

This leads me to speculate that the older chamber with the smaller holes may not be as prone to flooding....or that some kind of mod with making these holes smaller could help as well?

Just needing some input what might have been the reason for the flooding? (As said as for now seems to work, but I am on KF now...still needs long-term testing)

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
The only time my Dvarws flooded was when I forgot to put back the chimney top (the little chimney hat). BTW, if you're using the top fill tank, do not use the chimney top (hat). I have three authentics in rotation (different flavors) and the only other time one of them leaked was when I thinned the tails, now they are packed in front of the juice holes.

• Agree
Reactions: Vape Muppet

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Ok I disassembled it now entirely, washed it, rebuilt it, rewicked it. The last times I tried, NO FLOODING. Knock on food. I am still a little miffed since I didn't expect it as finicky and I didn't wick it differently than what I saw on (many) videos.

What I did now, less cotton and shorter.

I am not sure yet about how I should deal with the (oval) holes. I have even seen some wicking with the ends coming out the holes and saying it helps for leaking?

Also, one could wick with covering the holes, and one could wick basically leaving the holes open. (THIS wick only about half covers the holes on each side at the bottom - maybe the fact that it's now OPEN helps that it's not flooding??? Since the juice can now easier get there where it should??)

Then there are of course those who put their wicks in S or M shape. Any input?

By the way, coming from a KFL2+ where everything, air hole, juice canals etc. is really tiny BUT EVEREYTHING WORKS AMAZING....I wonder whether the two oval juice holes of the Dvarw are just way too over-dimensioned. For sure for low W MTL vaping. Why would you need these big holes?

This leads me to speculate that the older chamber with the smaller holes may not be as prone to flooding....or that some kind of mod with making these holes smaller could help as well?

Just needing some input what might have been the reason for the flooding? (As said as for now seems to work, but I am on KF now...still needs long-term testing)

You don't really want the wicking sticking out of the holes because when you have the metal tank section part screwed on you can end up putting pressure on the wick and stifling them.

What you are doing with the cotton is creating a cushion or embankment behind the juice flow holes to keep any juice running into the air hole. As long as those holes are covered when you look at the chamber wicking holes from the other side you will not have issues. Packing the cotton down hard also creates problems, you want it light and fluffy and only press it down with a light touch.

Here's a diagram explaining how it works.

DvarwWickingDiagram.jpg

The Dvarw has large oval holes to be able to cope with high VG juices. The first version had small holes and tended to really be meant for 50/50 juice. High VG is doable but the oval ones wick much better. And you can't really compare a KFL V2+ with a Dvarw. My KFL V2+ can cope with maybe two tanks worth of 70VG juice before it starts to clog. But if you can wick a KFL V2+ then you can most definitely wick a Dvarw.

The larger holes also mean you tend to get a far more saturated vape.

As another example take a look at the wicking on my Taifun GT III. Same principle applies but in the case of the GT III it has two wicking holes on each side.

Wicking example.jpg

So if you look carefully you can see the cotton is arched down from the coil and sits nice and fluffy behind the juice holes. Exact same thing with the Dvarw, only difference is the Dvarw has one wicking hole on each side, a chamber cap and no juice flow control

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
>if you can wick a KFL V2+ then you can most definitely wick a Dvarw.

When I got my KFL2+ along time ago, I also had problems the first few times with dry hits and gurgling. The key with the KFL2+ was to use a small screwdriver and push the cotton a little away from the holes on the side, towards the inside. Ever since, no problem EVER with the KFL2+. I consider the KFL2+ amazingly uncomplicated, it just "works"

As for the above illustrations, very helpful. Thanks!!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    You don't really want the wicking sticking out of the holes because when you have the metal tank section part screwed on you can end up putting pressure on the wick and stifling them.

What you are doing with the cotton is creating a cushion or embankment behind the juice flow holes to keep any juice running into the air hole. As long as those holes are covered when you look at the chamber wicking holes from the other side you will not have issues. Packing the cotton down hard also creates problems, you want it light and fluffy and only press it down with a light touch.

Here's a diagram explaining how it works.

View attachment 818265

The Dvarw has large oval holes to be able to cope with high VG juices. The first version had small holes and tended to really be meant for 50/50 juice. High VG is doable but the oval ones wick much better. And you can't really compare a KFL V2+ with a Dvarw. My KFL V2+ can cope with maybe two tanks worth of 70VG juice before it starts to clog. But if you can wick a KFL V2+ then you can most definitely wick a Dvarw.

The larger holes also mean you tend to get a far more saturated vape.

As another example take a look at the wicking on my Taifun GT III. Same principle applies but in the case of the GT III it has two wicking holes on each side.

View attachment 818267

So if you look carefully you can see the cotton is arched down from the coil and sits nice and fluffy behind the juice holes. Exact same thing with the Dvarw, only difference is the Dvarw has one wicking hole on each side, a chamber cap and no juice flow control

Every post I read of yours teaches me something - your username is such an oxymoron ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread