ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
So you were talking about the peek insulator. I own probably 2 dozen rta's and have never had to replace a peek insulator. Perhaps those on the Dvarw were factory defective? I can say my Coppervape Dvarw is perfect without any leaks.
I was talking about all the insulators that the Dvarw uses.

I have rarely ever had to replace an insulator in all my years, but if I'm stocking up on a device I love, I really want to have insulators available in case I need to replace (I have insulators for my KFLs and my Spheroids). The Dvarw has 3 insulators: the 510 pin, the positive pin and the base. I'll be stocking up on Dvarws and insulators for it :)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I've lost small tank pieces down the sink.
Or dropped on the floor to never be found again LOL.

When I clean my Dvarw I break it all the way down to the insulators under the base and clean it in my ultra sound... comes out factory clean.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I got my SMJY doggy yesterday. Very small!! Came pretty clean so just a cursory cleaning needed. I used my standard coil 26ga KA 6 wraps on a 2.4mm screwdriver with a cotton wick. Came out to be .72ohm because of the tiny amt of distance between the coil screws. Coil just fits. I must say that this is a very good flavor tank. I would prefer that it come as a 5ml tank instead of 3.5ml. I have been using 4 dvarws exclusively for the last month and a bit. I don't think that the doggy will change my opinion on the dvarw. I think the dvarw will be my go-to tank from now on. I am fed up with buying new rtas and being disappointed in them. I chain vape 15-20 ml a day so go thru quite a bit of juice. I have never had a single drop leak from the dvarws. That floors me as you seem to get at least some seepage from most tanks. At least I do!! Don't plan to get any more doggies but I will use this one for my change of pace rta.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Got my 3.5ml Dvarw yesterday, along with the 3 pc. AFC kit. While building it, I kept thinking - "why did I buy this? A lot of parts, many o-rings, kind of fiddly to build after the doggy." Especially when it came to using the cheesy hex allen key, I felt like I was building Chinese furniture. Really, why not a simple phillips? Now I've got to keep one more tool in my build kit. After using doggies almost exclusively for months, I'd become used to the absolute simplicity of it. Because I'd been wanting to try a less restricted vape, I started with the 2.5mm insert (largest).

I have to say though, that once it was done, it's not too bad. It's my first Coppervape clone, and it came very clean, no smell, and it seems to be very well machined. Because it's so wide open with the 2.5 (not really mtl at all), I can't do a fair comparison to the vape on my previous tanks, but I do kind of like it. Of course, it's heavier and more complicated than the doggy, but it is pretty compact if you don't use the long drip tip that comes with it (truthfully, it's not really complicated - but compared to doggy, everything is). I'm really surprised how solid the vape is with it that wide open. I have to bump the wattage up to get a good hit, but it really is a nice vape.

There'll always be niggles with any tank - with doggy, it's no stop point on the afc, and flat head screws instead of phillips. With this one so far, it's the hex screws - and the "top cap" that goes on the sleeve around the build deck seems to stay attached to the chimney when opening to fill.

I'm going to give this build a little time, then move down to the 2mm insert to see how that does. Based on the quality of the vape at 2.5mm, I'm thinking it might do quite nicely. It is nice that you can change the af with inserts, but it'd be even better to be able to do it without removing the build. Here's a pic, surrounded by doggies.
upload_2018-6-9_11-55-28.png

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Don't know about you but I really dislike using an allen wrench on the coil screws. I bought some M2 4mm screws from FT and replaced all of mine. These fit perfectly.

$2.00 Replacement Phillips Head Screws for Atomizers (50-Pack) - M2*4mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
So @ian91 - are you finding that the bottom of these are well made & flat enough not to spit the wire? Although I hate the hex screws on Dvarw, they are pretty flat on the bottom...and I hate when a screw spits the wire!

Reactions: dems86

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Looking good @Brewdawg1181 !

I find the Doggy, the Berserker and the Dvarw super-simple to build and the little things are nothing compared to the days of Genesis atties, The Gem, the Pico, etc. LOL.

These modern atties are just killing it IMO and so, so easy to build. And as always, screws are easy to replace with whatever model you prefer. I replace all my KFL clones with my preferred screws.

If for some reason you decide the Dvarw is not for you I'm your huckleberry :)

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
So @ian91 - are you finding that the bottom of these are well made & flat enough not to spit the wire? Although I hate the hex screws on Dvarw, they are pretty flat on the bottom...and I hate when a screw spits the wire!
Don't buy these as they rust!! I am using these ones at the moment and they seem to be fine. They are shorter but do not seem to bother anything. I am having no issues with the coils holding.

$0.80 Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - M2*3mm thread size at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I also have these on order to replace the ones that rusted. Hopefully they are better

$0.80 Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - M2*4mm thread size at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread