E-cig Advocates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm trying to find out who advocates e-cigs, like a charity organization type of thign...I want to make T-shirts, and perhaps other such things, and have all profits go to fighting to keep out PV's and juice...Anyone know of such a person/group/organization etc etc?

Rizzer

Moved On
May 29, 2011
Frederick Maryland
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm trying to find out who advocates e-cigs, like a charity organization type of thign...I want to make T-shirts, and perhaps other such things, and have all profits go to fighting to keep out PV's and juice...Anyone know of such a person/group/organization etc etc?

You are looking for E Cigarette Direct

To understand Pat McKone of the American Lung Association of MN’s outrage regarding E-cigarettes, you have to understand the background of the smoking ban movement and how they came about.

The American Lung Association, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, American Medical Association, etc were instrumental in lobbying lawmakers for smoking bans around the country. But what politicians and the public were not told, is that these non-profit heath organizations were paid nearly $446+ million for their role in “educating” lawmakers about the need for smoking bans by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF).

Clearing The Air: Smoking bans: good public policy? Or simply a great pharmaceutical marketing plan?

Who is RWJF?

RWJF is the political wing of the Johnson & Johnson Company.

Why would J & J fund smoking ban lobbyists to get cigarettes banned?

Johnson & Johnson manufactures or owns Nicoderm, Nicoderm CQ, Nicotrol, Nicorette, and Commit alternative nicotine delivery products. As such, their sole purpose in funding the non-profits to lobby in favor of smoking bans is purely profit motivated. Eliminating the public use of tobacco by way of coerced government legislation (smoking bans), is primarily meant to increase demand for the products J & J sells.

And it's working, here in Minnesota BCBS hailed the bans for tripling demand of the smoking cessation products they distribute....Nicoderm, Nicoderm CQ, Nicotrol, Nicorette, and Commit, all sold or manufactured by J & J; which helps explain how J & J profits increased 40% in 2008.

So when Pat Mckone feigns outrage over smokers’ substituting one addictive drug delivery system (cigarettes) in favor of an alternative nicotine delivery system (E-cigarettes) her real complaint is that the substitute nicotine system was not the one they were paid to push, (Nicoderm, Nicoderm CQ, Nicotrol, Nicorette, and Commit).

Clearing The Air: Nicoderm manufacturer ALZA is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Company

GSK distributes Nicoderm, but it is manufactured by a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary......ALZA. As explained by GSK rep here:

Clearing The Air: It has been alleged by a Mayo doctor whom I debated recently that ALZA does not manufacture Nicoderm or Nicoderm CQ....

Very important foot note, smoking bans have closed thousands of bars and restaurants eliminating hundreds of thousands of jobs, more information at this hyperlink:

Clearing The Air: Worldwide economic meltdown and Nicoderm: Name two things which seemingly have nothing in common

E-Cigarette maker responds to ASH:

OfficialWire: Healthcare: A Reply To Ash.org From E Cigarette Direct

Dr. Siegel covers the E-cigarette issue on his website here:

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Senator and Anti-Smoking Groups Want to Ban Less Harmful E-Cigarettes and Protect the Most Toxic Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread