E-Cig.co.uk Classic USB Passthru Batt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Has anyone else bought this E-Cig.co.uk Classic USB Passthru Batt as I bought two last week and one won't work at all and the other works sometimes but cuts out and is very weak ? I thought it might be because i was using Atomisers which had been used with ordinary Batts so i bought a brand new Atomiser which arrived on Friday to use exclusively with the USB but the results are exactly the same. :cry:
I need to know if i've got a bad batch or something.
I have a USB passthru which looks exactly the same which was bought from China and it works perfectly with all my Atomisers.
I am not going to put silver foil in them as i've seen in other threads that other Batts seem to have the same problem but these things are New and at £20 each they should work correctly. These are the Classic RN4072 not the DSE109'S.

I hate having to send things back.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
You could stick a paperclip in the end to see if it is the switch, if that doesn't work, email Simon and I am sure he will replace it for you. I love mine it works so well, I also got the mains adaptor for home vaping, what a revelation not having to charge a battery :)

Well Lo and Behold. The Magic Paper Clip in the end of It worked.
Thank you BettyRedondo. I now have two working USB Passthru's.
Oh Joy :thumbs:

Must tell Simon to put that Info on the Instruction Sheet.
Maybe Even Supply free Magic Paper Clip. :lol:

MrFog

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Midlands UK
I just ordered a pass thru for my mini and it works well, but speaking of customer service, they accidently sent me 15ml of Riskee rather than the 50ml I ordered and once I contacted Simon he said he would send out the 50ml and I could keep the 15ml as a good will gesture.

Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome is a consistently good service and Simon is a top bloke.

I got a USB passthrough from PS. It really worked great...initially. After several days the darn thing started staying ON! If you scout around this forum you'll see that the "suction switch" can be problematic. If juice gets in there or whatever, it will stick or not make contact. Pretty crappy design (not PS fault). So I proceeded to make my own out of a AC/DC power cube, flashlight and switch. Now, no problems! Also keep in mind that USB can only deliver so much power. Check your USB config setting to see how much amperage can be used. May work better plugged into a powered USB hub, power battery or adapter. There are tons of posts here in the forums.

Happy Vaping!

MrFog

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Midlands UK
I got a USB passthrough from PS. It really worked great...initially. After several days the darn thing started staying ON! If you scout around this forum you'll see that the "suction switch" can be problematic. If juice gets in there or whatever, it will stick or not make contact. Pretty crappy design (not PS fault). So I proceeded to make my own out of a AC/DC power cube, flashlight and switch. Now, no problems! Also keep in mind that USB can only deliver so much power. Check your USB config setting to see how much amperage can be used. May work better plugged into a powered USB hub, power battery or adapter. There are tons of posts here in the forums.

Happy Vaping!

That's some good info Mike, nice one. I reckon a good soaking in isopropyl alcohol overnight should loosen things up. Juice is bound to get in the battery area a little and once it evaporates it gets sticky and clogs the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread