e-cig.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
[hr:1avvpmfs][/hr:1avvpmfs]UPDATE 2

I got my new e-cig atomizer about a week after I got in touch with e-cig - it works fine!
[hr:1avvpmfs][/hr:1avvpmfs]

[hr:1avvpmfs][/hr:1avvpmfs]UPDATE

6 weeks after getting my e-cig, it broke! Now, I can't say whether this is anything to do with the quality of the product or to do with the way I treated it, but e-cig have said they will replace it at no cost save for the shipping. As it happens, I am now smoking a Sedansa, so my replacement e-cig will be a backup, just in case.
[hr:1avvpmfs][/hr:1avvpmfs]

I bought my first electronic cigarette from www.e-cig.com

I received my package five days later (from China!) with express shipping.

I was a little worried about the quality of the product since e-cig sell their product so much cheaper than anyone else, but I am very happy with what arrived.

I ordered the large e-cig starter pack. With this came:

• One atomizer[/*:m:1avvpmfs]
  • Two batteries[/*:m:1avvpmfs]
  • One charger (European-type plug so I had to pick up a UK adapter for a couple of quid at Argos)[/*:m:1avvpmfs]
  • 62 cartridges[/*:m:1avvpmfs]

I also picked up three bottles of flavored nicotine liquid to try them out. The total bill including express shipping was in the region of about £50 ($99, €67)

I have now been using my e-cig for a few days. Here are my first observations.

1. The product works well. I wouldn't say the vapour is quite the same as cigarette smoke in flavor, but it certainly hits the spot with its nicotine, in a far more satisfying way than any other nicotine replacement products I have tried. [/*:m:1avvpmfs]
  2. The cartridges smoke well when first put in, but lose their potency quite rapidly. Thankfully, I bought some liquid, so I dose the cartridge with one drop and it works like new and for the same length of time again.[/*:m:1avvpmfs]
  3. I bought extra-high dose nicotine liquid - I should probably have bought high or even medium. The reason I say this is that I do like to enjoy a nice long smoke, and with the high dose liquid, I feel that I am getting too much nicotine.[/*:m:1avvpmfs]
  4. The batteries last a good long time. They both arrived with some charge so I could test it out as soon as I received it. I went to a bar the other night, and smoked my e-cig for most of the night. Towards the end of the night I had to change the battery (after 3/4 hours almost continuous puffing!).[/*:m:1avvpmfs]

In conclusion I would say that this is an excellent starter product for those interested in e-smoking as an alternative. I would suggest that anyone who is considering purchasing one should pick up some nicotine liquid too and also get a spare battery.

Since last week, I have only smoked 2 normal cigarettes. Not bad for a 30-day-smoker, eh?! I am mighty impressed and looking forward to the health benefits from not inhaling 4000 chemicals and carbon monoxide 30 times per day.

cigb.jpg

My e-cig with the black battery in place

cigbw.jpg

My e-cig with the white battery in place

cart.jpg

A cartridge as it comes out of its pack

karmin

Jan 14, 2008
I too have purchased an ecig from the china website. I was happy with the ecig but after a month mine is getting to be too much work to smoke. When I first start smoking it, it is good then I have to keep puffing harder to get any smoke from it. Dripping does improve the smoking experience. I have contacted them about getting a new atomizer and they will ship me one. I need to find out what the warrenty is. My battery lasted for around 3 hours as well but since I have been using the ecig I change the battery more often than before to get it smoking. Like you said it is a cheap product but a great concept.

I think as these products catch on they will improve the quality because the consumer will demand it.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I have mostly good things to say about e-cig's e-Pipe. I've owned it almost a month now and use it daily. I'm actually a bit amazed that something this complex can be so inexpensive (not cheap). America couldn't produce one of these at the Chinese price.

That said, back on Jan. 3 I ordered an e-cig from DealExtreme. How about $34 for the fully automatic model? Full kit of batteries, cartridges, etc. It's now Jan. 25 and I have yet to receive my order. DealExtreme did communicate with me and told me on Jan. 14 that my order was shipped. Not so. A check of the tracking number reveals it was shipped Jan. 24.

This seems a very long time from order to shipping. Who knows when it will arrive.

The e-Pipe took only four days to get to me in Florida from China. And I could track it to Singapore, Alaska, Florida and finally my home town. Really fast, efficient service. But the minimum $21 shipping charge stops me from ordering more e-Liquid. I initially bought an extra bottle but the vapor that is supposed to taste like tobacco tastes like nothing but damp air. So I find myself relying heavily on real pipes, snus and nasal snuffs, to actually get some flavor. The e-Pipe is very disappointing in that respect. It cannot hope to replace real tobacco products until it has real tobacco flavor.

I'll post when the DealExtreme "Health" e-cigarette finally arrives.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I'm tempted to start another thread to this discussion, because my Health brand e-cigar from DealExtreme arrived -- and my initial reaction is "This is great." For a grand total of $34, I got the e-cigar, two batteries, a charger and eight cartridges. Shipping was free. Now, that's a bargain.

Blunt fact: I'm sick of seeing 5-for-$25 cartridges being advertised. Major ripoff. (And some "dealers" sell only the e-smoking device; that's like selling me a safety razor but there are no replacement blades; from now on, I do business only with complete suppliers, including the essential e-Liquid). Lots of quick-buck sellers floating around the Web.

Anyhow, this e-cigar came with enough battery power to vape up a stream. It seems to produce more vapor than my e-pipe, and it certainly has more taste. The taste is kinda like a very cheap cigar. It's the "natural" flavor at "high" nicotine level. It does seem to produce a bit of a nic hit, unlike the pipe.

I think I'm backwards on my nicotine levels, by the way. Everyone will choose individually, but I ordered "medium" nicotine for the pipe and "high" for the cigar. Not optimal. The pipe should be "extra high." That's because pipe smokers don't inhale, and the nicotine must be absorbed as the smoke is held in the mouth. The smoke needs to contain proportionately more nicotine than smoke meant for inhalation. My cigar can be inhaled just as a cigarette can and I might be better off with "medium" nicotine because I'd like to use it frequently.

Mistakes can get expensive when you're e-buying.

One more difference: These things require a user to suck, not puff or sip. Tobacco pipes are sipped, to avoid tongue burn yet obtain the desirable taste. Cigarettes are puffed, not sucked wildly. Of the two e-devices, the e-cigar is more natural in its use. The e-pipe, while attractive and functional, in no way replicates real pipe smoking -- nor the real pleasure derived from real smoke.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
TIme to update the E-Cig e-Pipe and Health E-Cigar.

My initial impressions haven't held up. The e-Pipe is superior is every way. It produces more vapor, easier, and lasts far longer between battery charges and cartridge refills than the e-cigar. I use the e-Pipe throughout the day as I work at the computer. The e-cigar, however, easily slips into a shirt pocket adjacent to the Stonewall package for travel.

The e-cigar simply doesn't produce enough vapor. I've saturated the cartridge, etc., and it still doesn't function the way I'd like. The vapor quantity should be quadrupled, at a minimum. The e-Pipe, on the other hand, can vape up a storm! I'm even forcing myself to inhale it to get the full effect.

My cigar is "high" nicotine while the pipe is "medium" and I can tell the difference. Keep sucking that stale cigar vapor and pretty soon a slight dizziness sets in. Nothing like that happens with the pipe, no matter how much I "smoke" it. Both of these devices seem to be high quality in their construction. Both represent good value for money spent. Neither is keeping me from other nicotine sources, however.

I don't think I'd make it without real pipes. Like Langdell, I'm a pretty regular pipe smoker. About six pipefuls a day. I begin each day with a Stonewall piece and a pipe. End each day with hits on the e-cigar as I lie in bed. Need maximum nicotine in mid-afternoon from the likes of Oliver Twist tobacco bits and latakia nasal snuff.

And, on day 201 since I last inhaled a cigarette, I want one as much as I did on Day One. So there you have it: Confessions of a Nicotine Addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread