E-cig firing on it's own

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandincus

Apr 11, 2022
I bought a voopoo drag S Pro about 2 months ago and about a month back it started firing on it's own.

First, it was just every so often and about 2 or 3 short bursts, then it stopped for a while. Then, it got more frequent and it was always after a few drags. Now, its been firing consistently after 1 or 2 drags and it begins firing over and over for both long stretches and short bursts. This means I can't even vape on it anymore. For the past few days, I've been able to turn it off, take off the tank, wipe out the liquid that has leaked and then wait for about 5 minutes, then use it again and it hasn't done it for a while. Now, it's doing it all the time, and I can't even use it anymore.

Also, the auto-draw doesn't work anymore. I never really used it, but I'm assuming this is also a problem, since it should work, and worked perfectly fine when I first got it. For about a month and a half I haven't been able to use that feature at all, but I never really cared because I never used it anyway.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix it or what I should do?

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
crigon_04.gif to ECF. I am sorry you are having issues and I hope someone who has this particular mod comes along with some real help for you.

Since it is probably not still under warranty, I would probably just chalk it up to a dud and look for a replacement. I am not sure how long you have been vaping but I learn early on to have backups to my backups. There are so many good and reasonable choices. I tend to err on the side of caution and there are just so many things that could turn out badly with equipment that is not working right.

Sorry, I am no help but I am sure others will come along that know more than me. That's what makes ECF such a wonderful place. I look forward to others help so I can learn myself.

dandincus

Apr 11, 2022
View attachment 972658 to ECF. I am sorry you are having issues and I hope someone who has this particular mod comes along with some real help for you.

Since it is probably not still under warranty, I would probably just chalk it up to a dud and look for a replacement. I am not sure how long you have been vaping but I learn early on to have backups to my backups. There are so many good and reasonable choices. I tend to err on the side of caution and there are just so many things that could turn out badly with equipment that is not working right.

Sorry, I am no help but I am sure others will come along that know more than me. That's what makes ECF such a wonderful place. I look forward to others help so I can learn myself.

Thanks for your advice, I was thinking of looking for a new e-cig anyway, but I think the problems with this one have cemented that as a plan. But I will take your advice and get two, just to have a backup.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for your advice
You are welcome but I was not very much help. Vaping is like anything else, you have to have the right equipment. I have collected much over the last 9 years and still using some of the first things I purchased. Good luck to you. I'll leave you alone now. (unless I think of something else) unnamed.gif

• Agree
Reactions: dandincus

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    If you've ever scanned vape subreddits, I'm constantly seeing problems with VooPoo mods. After having acquired and purchased a few of their better products in the last year, my conclusion is that their quality control is rock bottom and they're mass producing their products for as cheap as they possibly can to keep their devices from simply falling apart while sitting there - chip included. Did they use to be good? My Drag Mini says yes. Today? No. I would avoid VooPoo and Smok in their current state. Although I've heard that Wotofo bought out Smok a few years ago and their quality has been getting better, they've still got a lot of catching up to do and reputation to rebuild.

If you like the pod type of system, I'd recommend checking out the Freemax Marvos 60W, 80W, or S (side-by-side mod with an external 18650 battery and 510 connection).

If you're looking for something more 510ish, lemme know.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Yet once a mod or a pod system starts auto firing as opposed to simply sometimes the button getting stuck it really becomes something that I would consider two chansey to continue to use. If it's auto firing already then I have very little faith in its cutoff for firing time working long-term. Which means it could continuously fire until the battery goes into a runaway scenario and that can cause it to catch fire. It's particularly concerning that you're mentioning it firing consistently in short and in long bursts and things like that. While it may not be sitting over on your desk and start firing all of by itself quite yet it seems like it's really enjoying having a mind of its own and I assume that it's e-juice having gotten into the board or the workings of the mod and it causing havoc.

It's one thing when a mod will auto fire only after you use it at least then it's still in your hand and you have some control hopefully at the very least you can throw it outside your house before the battery has a problem but if it's doing that it could very well start firing when it's sitting over there on the shelf while you're asleep and that you just can't have.

It's definitely time to get a couple other items as backups

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    id take it apart/ open it up and clean it with aerosol contact cleaner/or alcohol, check youtube maybe there is a video
    Welcome to ECF, dandincus. I'm glad that bsidb typed pretty much what I would've said at first, but I also agree with the 'ditch it and replace with a different brand' thing too.

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    To be honest about the Chinese devices $20 get you usually 1 or 2 months $50+ may get you 4 to 6 month anything over that is a bonus. If you going the stay with vaping I'd recommend an higher end device, a big spurge would be a Dicodes device but worth it. I use a Dani 21700 and highly recommend it. Figure the money several times a years for Chinese devices and the Dani will last several years. Plus peace of mind knowing your device is safe and works perfect, priceless.

Dicodes Dani Box 21700 - Black

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: Rat2chat2

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    To be honest about the Chinese devices $20 get you usually 1 or 2 months $50+ may get you 4 to 6 month anything over that is a bonus.

I must be really lucky. I have sub-$50 chinese mods that are 6+ years old now. I've had a few break on me, but they all lasted 2 or more years before doing so, except for the Cloupor Mini. I'm not even really that careful with my mods. But I do vape at 25W or less.

The_Embassador

Apr 17, 2022
    I don't have this device and can only go by what i found and personal experience.

HIGHLY LIKELY THIS IS THE ISSUE.
    Try this first if you have the tools:

It seems the autofire feature is a common issue. This video shows how to clean a "pneumatic sensor" under a metal plate that the tank sits on.
    You mentioned it would work fine for a while after cleaning it. Try this if you haven't before.
    -
    Leaking issues known for this type of device:

This video tips on how to prevent the tank from leaking.
    -
    If you have the tools and patience:

Your device is fairly new, which is unlikely to need to go further. Although, the next step would be to disassemble the mod.
    If there is juice, clean it off where possible.

(MAKE SURE DEVICE IS POWERED OFF. The battery seems its not removable, USE CAUTION.)

This video shows the screen needing to be soldered back onto the board to get it working again.
    If the screen can become desoldered, chances are, so can a tactile switch.

(BUTTON ISSUE. Rare,but possible.)
    The tactile switches usually have 4 solder points/legs(see video for button size). If one of the solder points is broken, it can cause issues firing the mod.

That "break" essentially becomes the new "fire button", routing electricity around the switch itself.
    That break has a gap so thin....that if you so much as look at it wrong, the mod will throw a fit.
    8F745595-7EAF-49B6-BF15-313F0F4CE99E.gif

Lesson of the day: BUY MODS WITH REMOVABLE BATTERIES.
    Do you want a mod that can turn itself on while you're asleep?

Please update us if you have any results or need further assistance.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread