The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

E-cig first impressions

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by sstambo, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sstambo

sstambo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    :)Good Morning Fla Crackers & 1/2 Crackers! I think the e-cig is a miracle & have really high hopes for it to get me off analogs. Already have some joe & I am puffin away on my e-cig (although I did already have an analog this morning):(. I am going to write a little run down of my first day vaping.

Note: Technically, I did buy a luci ecig that I found at a smoke shop this weekend because I was just to eager to try e-cigs to wait for the one i had on order to arrive. Should have saved myself $132! It barely produced any vapor & flavor wasn't good + very hard to get a hit. At least the batteries will work in the new joye 510 i got (I found that out here on ECF). So because the luci is really inferior to the joye 510 i got to try yesterday i am considering yesterday my first real e-cig experience.

7am- Joe w/hazelnut cream in hand I headed to the ECF to dig for more info as I have for the past week or so (I've been lurking around here alot digging for info & watching video tutorials). I met a FL Eagle (my new buddy). I had alot of fun talking to him about everything under the sun. We have alot in common. I probably smoked about 1/2 a pack of analogs by 11am though as being on the computer seems to have that effect on me as I have noticed here on the forum for many others.

11am-Got my Joye 510 + alot of other goodies from nhaler. As I had only ordered this 510 pcc kit on fri. I thought this was lightning fast. Very nicely packaged with few extra gifts. I really liked the cool tupperware type thing to hold all of my e-cig supplies.

Since you are supposed to charge the e-cig batts for an initial 8hrs I got those babies on the charger. But I was still able to try my new 510 because of the charged luci batt that fits the 510 from my blunder over the weekend (silver lining).

11:30am- Finally get to try it! Although the 510 is very sleek it seems a bit like something out of the matrix to me. I'm sure I'll get over this. I loaded up a marlbro-high cart & took a puff. Although you have to hit it a little longer than an analog the amount of vaper/smoke was satisfying. The vaper while plentiful doesn't seem as heavy in the lungs as an analog (maybe because analogs are weighed down with 4000 chemicals). The taste wasn't quite as strong as an analog. I think I will get used to that also as I did when I downgraded from reg-lights-ultra lights with the analogs. I did feel a little light-headed maybe because I kept puffing to in a short period of time.

Overall, I am very pleased with the e-cig & I think I have a real chance at quitting here. I was out of analogs most of the afternoon & was putting off going to the smoke shop to get them which I finally did at about 3:30pm. So for a few hours I just used the ecig.

I still feel like I want a cigarette but it seems bearable. Like' I wasn't climbing the walls yesterday afternoon or anything. I had about 5 analogs from 3:30-bedtime so I think I'm off to a good start! I usually smoke 1pk-2pks of analogs a day.

I was up pretty late ordering more juices to try + researching how to care for the 510.

Ps. I had a little 6ml sample of Dr. Pepper, I liked that pretty well.

Today- Gotta get to work! Really late! I have only 5 analogs on me tday! Yikes!!!! I had my husband put the carton I bought yesterday in his truck (we usually share them). So I will have to go to the store & buy some if I need more. DETERRENT!! Sorry so long, I think it theropy for me though. Not usually a chatty Cathy. Wish me luck!;)

2. FL-Eagle

FL-Eagle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
    The 510 seems to be a popular choice it vapes well has a pretty good throat hit, only downside I have seen is battery life.

You may find that you will need to adjust your NIC level to whatyou feel comfortable with. I have 24mg which is the highest and the lowest being 15mg.

I just started checking out some flavored juice got some samples from Vermont Vapor. Although some of the others here could tell you much more when it comes to flavored juice.
    Seeing some of their "kits" :shock: me but I can see how it becomes a hobby after a while.

Good luck today..hang in there.

3. SudokuGal

SudokuGal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2009
    USA-Florida
    Wishing you luck. Don't worry if you slip to analogs here and there.

4. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    You did the one thing I always tell new vapers to do..make it hard on yourself to get an analog! After a while it just becomes too much trouble to go outside or look for the ashtray and smokes in different rooms. You just pick up the P.V. instead! One morning I just "forgot" to go have my analog! Haven't had one since.:)
    Flavors are key here. It just way more fun to vape banana or chocolate then it is to smoke the same old, same old everyday! I started with 18nic and that's too much for me, so I went to 11mg and started playing with added flavors and P.G. Most of my homemade DIY juice is 0nic, I still buy 11mg but dilute it and it's 6mg by the time I finish adding lorann's and P.G. (lasts a lot longer too.).
    Good luck to you! Try a passthru while you are on the computer, it saves batteries and keeps your hands busy..you can also stay busy typing away to us! :D
    Come down and chat with us in the ECF Women's Room! Lots of us Florida Crackers down there getting in to trouble! Just click on the link below my sig.

5. VA Slim

VA Slim Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Boynton Bch., FL USA
    SS....don't stress yourself about slipping back to an analog now and then....you will find your fave flavors, it takes awhile, but give it a chance. Once you find a few flavors you like, those analogs will start to taste nasty and you will crave the different choices. One day you might crave chocolate, that evening, you might feel like pralines and creme or coffee, or all 3 mixed. So many choices, so little time, love it!!!!

I do suggest buying sample bottles at first of flavors that sound good to you. Many of the venders have 2 or 3 ml sizes to try. To me, flavor, throat hit are key.....and if you like lots of vapor, add a drop or so of Wiltons glycerine...it will give you clouds.

6. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    9/28- Did very well! Only smoked 7 analogs today!!!!:):):):):):)
    Very proud of myself! :thumb: I seem to have the hardest time in the morning with avoiding analogs. I mostly vaped marlbro high test yesterday. I did alternate some Dr. Pepper several times today as well. Diggin' the Dr. :thumb:

Showed my e-cig off to the guys at the shop where I get my pool cleaning supplies. One of the guys was very interested. I thought I would make him a little sampler care package & a loaner e-cig to try for a day when I'm off the analogs completley.

A couple of mishaps yesterday include:
    1) Tried to light the ecig once.

2) Dug around in my purse looking for a lighter several times (????)

3) After work I got home & was vaping quite a bit trying to keep from having an analog. This made my heart beat a little too fast. I actually layed down for a little bit to calm down ( maybe need some low-test juice also).

4) When at home I keep misplacing the little bugger (ecig).

Last night I ordered some more juices with yummy flavors from a supplier that had been recommended to me. Right now all I have are tobacco flavs + 1 sampler of Dr. Pepper.

9/29-I was up a little later than normal last night but had no trouble falling asleep.
    Having a bit of a hard time this morning. Woke up at 7. It is now 10:45am. I have smoked 2 analogs.
    Late for work again (perk & curse of being self employed). This is very important for me though. The mornings are a good time for me to write my thoughts as I am alone in the mornings except for the rug rat (my goldendoodle, Jasmine).

Everyone enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weather today! Thanks for the encouragement!:)

7. FL-Eagle

FL-Eagle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Holiday, FL
  8. laurel099

laurel099 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2009
    Nokomis, FL
    hehe... LMAO! I tried to light my first e-cig more than once... I don't have lighters near me anymore just in case :) I also recently threw away "my" ashtray which I've never done before when I was trying to quit ;) I think I'm good!

Keep it up, many people don't stop analogs right away... You're on the right track! I agree that you want to get some other juices to try and I use a lower nic around the house too so I don't OD :)

My best piece of advice is BACKUPS!! Once you get to vaping more and look to leave analogs behind I feel like I need backups of everything...just in case. Extra attys, extra battys, extra juice, whatev. I'm a little OCD and my sister laughed but she's broken a few devices and now has 3 or 4 complete kits herself.

Generally folks want to try more than one device so you end up with backups that way too! Keep up the good work!

9. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    West Tampa Fl.
    If you plan to do a "Loaner" you might just try a disposable to give them. That way they aren't worried that they will break it or havvvee to give it back! I am not sure if those are refillable..doubt it but if they are you could get one of the tiny 5ml sample bottles from Vapor4life or vapor options.
    I did that for my friend, she got her passthru and a bunch of 5ml bottles. She's stuck on clove! She said she didn't like chocolate to eat..I told her the chocolate flavor is just the idea of chocolate, not a real taste!:)

I am so glad you are hanging in there..you are doing really good!:D

10. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    Yes, laurel I am so looking forward to getting rid of those yucky ash trays!8-o

I have only smoked 5 analogs today!!! WOOO! HOOO!! I'm on FIRE!:evil:
    When you smoked 2 packs a day of analogs for approx. 25yrs, this is huge to cut down to 5 cigs in just 2.5 days!!!

I have tried to quit so many times. Succeeded once before. But, this is by far the easiest time quitting I've ever had.

That being said, this morning was real shaky. I mean literally! I ended up smoking 3 analogs by 11am. I think I have always tended to smoke alot in the morning with my coffee. (Don't even suggest I give up the coffee. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!)
    I was a little disgusted with myself after that. So,I ended up leaving the 3 analogs I had left at home while I went to work.

Today I felt real shaky. Weak in the knees. I almost fell in a pool I was cleaning. lol:D I did start feeling better around mid-afternoon.
    I didn't smoke an analog until 8.5hrs later after dinner!!:)

The e-cig marlbro flav did taste & feel better to me today. I am getting a little more used to the ecig too.

I am hiding it a little as I am driving around as I don't want people to think I am smoking wacky weed or something!!

Gonna take it easy on myself this week & get tough about quitting the analogs next week. I have a house-full of company coming this weekend with little tots to boot. So.. I picked the wrong week to quit smoking. Trying to make it a little easier for next week though. Hope I made sense. So tired. Can't be late for work tomorro. Mucho pools to clean. 8-o

Thanks all & Good Nite;)

11. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    Thanks for the tip Mary Kay.:)

10/1- I had a GREAT day today!! Only smoked 3 analogs. I am getting myself a banner as soon as I quit + gonna buy a little pv gift 4 myself.

Rushed home yesterday to check the mail for one of the juice orders that I have coming. Actually jogged to the mail box. My little heart was crushed, no package, only bills.:cry:
    They will probably come tday though:rolleyes:
    Thought I'd be vaping rasp. frappacino this morning. LOL

Cleaned an atty last nite. I soaked in heated vinegar & water for 10min. , rinsed well, repeat. Lastly blew it out with hubby's air compressor.

How often do you folks clean ur attys?

Everybody have a GREAT DAY!!!!:cool:

12. sstambo

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2009
    Cape Coma, Florida
    10/2
    - Ended up smoking 3 analogs.
    -Got one of my juice shipments. So I was having myself a little mid-day party trying them out.

-Coffee:wub:

-RY4:confused:

-Rasp. Frappacino:confused:

-Root Beer:thumbs:

-French Pipe:)

-Van. Coke:)

-Chocolate:D

I think the flavs are fun for just tasters here & there. I think the marlb. is my fav still for vaping most of the time.

Anybody tried the beer flavor? (I think it was V4L)

Oh & I got the usb pass-thru & that works really good too!!

I am noticing there isn't as much action here this weekend. Maybe everyones getting outside & enjoying the weather.

Have a Great Weekend!!:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.