The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

e-cig news segment on Fox News

Discussion in 'South Carolina Vapers Forum' started by Vapnub, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vapnub

Vapnub Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Charleston SC
    This was just on and it was not a good segment. The "Dr" that was on with the hosts said he would not NEVER recommend these. He said the product was too new and too unregulated here in the US. He said that antifreeze is a COMMON ingredient in the the juices. :( I love my Fox news but I feel that allowing this DR to speak without ensuring the accuracy of his comments was irresponsible.

2. Lil' Lou

Lil' Lou Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Central NY
    Do you know if they have it posted on their website?

3. sugismimi

sugismimi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2010
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    If I'm not mistaken there was an incident over a year ago, and from 1 vendor only, that had a chemical substance in the juice sold that resembled antifreeze, but that was it. One time has turned into an issue causing such a problem that involves millions of people. There is a web site involving Fox news called Freedomwatch, where many issues are discussed, and Yes, there is a huge section for E-Cigs.
    it is worth a look see, and leave a comment also.

4. my2heartboys

my2heartboys Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Kansas, USA
    I think I saw the same segment. What I got out of it was that he thought yes, they were safer than cigs, but like the other nicotine substitutes (Nicorette and the like), they were to be used short term.

I do tend to agree that there needs to be SOME regulation in the industry as far as the cleanliness and the standardizing of base ingredients in ejuice. I also believe that there is quite a bit that ejuice manufacturers and sellers can do to initiate that process on their own, without Washington having to step in. One start for the ejuice manufacturers to take would be to ask their local food/health inspectors to come in and give them a thorough inspection for cleanliness and safety precautions. When this is done, if there are any noted problems, rectify them immediately and then submit to a reinspection. Once this has passed, find a way to post the results in a link on your website. Also find a way to publish (without giving away company secretes) a complete listing of ingredients in your juices so that what is in them is known. If there are any ways to objectively test the quality of them, try to do it.

You know we all sit around on our thumbs and wait for Washington to come out with laws and regulations, instead of doing that why don't we start regulating ourselves? I know that here we are talking about ecigs and the products that go with them, but I also believe that this should go for how things are done in general.

OK, will step off my soapbox now.

Anne

5. sugismimi

sugismimi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2010
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    very nice ideas Anne,
    and your rite, we do wait for things to happen instead of making them happen. The health inspector idea is by far the best i have heard in a while, hmmmmm. i wonder what it would entail, I guess ill be waiting to see.......

6. Godzilla

Godzilla Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2010
    Northern California
    You really need exact recipes in order to operate under full disclosure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.