E-cig one of the 10 most useless products of 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only do I think that's ridiculous, but I would vote as these things being one of the best inventions ever. I am still floored that I went from 2 packs a day to none. The cost of equipment will make up for itself in 1 month. The refill supplies the cost of sodas on the go and fast food, if that. And no major health risks (known or personally experienced of yet). Anything that can cut out 2 packs of cigs from a persons life without a blink is not useless.

Those promo images are rather douchebaggish, Ill give them that :).

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
You know, she reminds me of one of those very opinionated non-smokers who feel they are better than smokers...just because they don't smoke. You know the ones I'm talking about...

She reminds me of this one lady that literally spazzed out on me, yelling and screaming at me, because i was smoking too close to the mall when the tobacco bans first went under way.

They are great invention and a lot of people feel the same way, some people just have their heads too far up their butts to realize it.

Ripley

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
Dallas Metro, TX
you know, she reminds me of one of those very opinionated non-smokers who feel they are better than smokers...just because they don't smoke. You know the ones i'm talking about...

She reminds me of this one lady that literally spazzed out on me, yelling and screaming at me, because i was smoking too close to the mall when the tobacco bans first went under way.

They are great invention and a lot of people feel the same way, some people just have their heads too far up their butts to realize it.

** amen and halleluya **

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
So did any of you post a coment?

Not being from the UK, never heard of this site
Is this some stupid random hole in the wall web site with a hack wanna-be journalist?

Doesn't mention any of the benefits, Hmmm...
I guess seeing smokers happier and healthier skirting the law and smoking in public just gets her panties in a knot
What a biyatch

solution42

Dec 15, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
I posted the first comment :evil:

So did any of you post a coment?

Not being from the UK, never heard of this site
Is this some stupid random hole in the wall web site with a hack wanna-be journalist?

Doesn't mention any of the benefits, Hmmm...
I guess seeing smokers happier and healthier skirting the law and smoking in public just gets her panties in a knot
What a biyatch

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
It's an attempt at humor, to be sure. Not based in fact, but perception. Nonetheless, make note that perception of our practice will be something we have to overcome if e-smoking is to spread.

I purposely never post links to blog entries on e-cigs. They are invariably stupid opinions from uninformed people who think they're "cute" with their posts. It's the public comments below news stories that really bother me. Make a mental note of what the public is saying. We are not beloved!

Perception is important for success.

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
Sadly I have seen e-cigs sold as quit smoking aides on websites alongside those green tea footpads that suck toxins out of your feet (they show a tree in a diagram with arrows flowing out of the roots) and magic healing bracelets. Hopefully they will develop a better reputation through better representation before they are banned as silly money making gadgets.

cass

ECF Veteran
Posted my own comment to that article, take a look. I'm not a nice person.

I'm surprised more of you haven't posted your discontent there yet.

Yeah, I had to post too. Wasn'g going to, but the "cool" and "rebellious" stereotype lit a small fire.
I know e-cigs aren't sold as a quit smoking device, but for me it's come dang close. I never tell my story using e-cigs as a way to quit, but I'm so happy at what they have done for me.
I'm also eternally annoyed by lazy writing, which is exactly what this article is. If any of you missed it, the article is here Ethical News | New Consumer
I've never posted a link here, so hopefully that works.

I guess I have issue with some tearing down the success of others. Once upon a time we called people who wore seatbelts "squares." Honor students were nerds. Virgins were mocked. Nothing bothers me more than people who bag on others just because they can't relate. So, yes, I threw in my two cents.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
I caught your comment cass, very nice job. You were too kind in implying that she's a writer though. I woudn't even have given her that. Even reading through the other items in her list, she merely does as you describe so aptly, rag on things she either doesn't understand or to which she doesn't relate. She's a third-rate blogger with no world experience and no tolerance for anything outside her tiny sheltered existence.

cass

ECF Veteran
I caught your comment cass, very nice job. You were too kind in implying that she's a writer though. I woudn't even have given her that. Even reading through the other items in her list, she merely does as you describe so aptly, rag on things she either doesn't understand or to which she doesn't relate. She's a third-rate blogger with no world experience and no tolerance for anything outside her tiny sheltered existence.

I read through the other items on her list and got a chuckle. Perhaps I'm a nut job, but all I could think was, "to someone, that's useful". No I would not have a humping dog at my laptop's side, but it's amusing to some people. Hell, even the inflatable toast (comparable to the oversized blow up crayons from my youth) will amuse a teen or two. So, why not? Plane sheets??? Useless to me, but maybe a God-send to people who travel 4 times a month. Yeah, it's not just the e-cig ignorance that bothered me, but the entire judgment of the "I do not get this, therefore it is wrong."
And you're right, I probably gave too much credit by indicating that she's a writer. Remember when once upon a time the credo was "write what you know"? Ah, those were the times. Writers actually had to research.
I'm off to vape and ripen my tomatoes.

On the other hand...what someone once told be about e-books, I have to remember here. People are ACTUALLY writing about e-cigs. Someone is going to read her lame Top Ten, hit the link and stay up until midnight learning about e-cigs. And then they'll make a judgment. And if they're anything like us, as all smokers are, they'll make a purchase. One for the team!

Who was it that said, "No publicity is bad publicity"? I'm trying to tweak my brain onto that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread