E-Cig overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
I am not familiar with your model, but that's what happens when my attys are fixin to die. They atty and the vapor get very hot but there is little to no vapor production. I have a ziploc of about ten attys that aren't dead, but aren't usable because of this. Sorry, you probably need a new atty.

BTW anyone have any suggestions for last ditch efforts to save these attys?

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
atty = atomizer. That's the part highlighted in this pic by the arrow. That's the heating coil that vapourises the liquid. It does get hot as you use it. The more you use it the hotter it gets. If it gets too hot take a break for a few minutes to let it cool down.

dsc_0929edit_3__45815.jpg

Last edited:

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in newb forum

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I can usually get a failing atty back by running 6v though it. It really wakes them up. I don't know how you could do this without a mod though.
Other than that you can usually count them down for the count. I have tried all the steam and other methods but it is usually just good practice to keep extras on hand. I get them in 5 packs now for this reason. They are consumables and usually can be expected to last for about two to three weeks max. That is not to say that I have not had some last me for months either. Cause I have had a few 510 atties last me four months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread