E-cig parts price locator. Do you need such a web tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear members,

I got tired of looking for best prices for my e-cigs accessories and created a kind of a price comparison tool.
Here it is (on temporary domain, just for testing): E-cig parts locator :: The best prices for e-cigarette spare parts and accessories

No design yet. For now there are 9 shops and 4 categories with subcategories inside (510 and eGo types). Prices are being updated once per day automatically.

Need your opinion as to continue developing this tool or not.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you, guys, for help and suggestions!
I really appreciate it!

I see now that the tool would be interesting for vapers.
Next version of the tool will include:

1) More stores
2) More items
3) Maybe shiping info (to find the stores located nearby)
4) Different kinds of filters (so it would be easier to find the best deal among many items)
5) Site search
...) ?

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
Great idea I would use it. Here is another suggestion. Maybe divide the stores into categories such as liguids, DiY, hardware, accessories you get the idea. When someone is searching maybe they are only looking for a particular item say batteries for instance. They don't want to spend their time going through every site just looking for one item

Great idea I would use it. Here is another suggestion. Maybe divide the stores into categories such as liguids, DiY, hardware, accessories you get the idea. When someone is searching maybe they are only looking for a particular item say batteries for instance. They don't want to spend their time going through every site just looking for one item

I'm sorry, I don't understand. If I'm looking for a new batt for my eGo-T, I click the eGo-T category on the left side, then choose Batteries (on the left or the right side) and see all eGo-T batteries of all stores in the system. I don't have to go to Shops and look through all items of every shop.

Do I miss your idea? Please, explain.

Last edited:
Thank-you for investing the time and energy to develop this. I would use it.

What a great idea. Hope you develope this

What a great idea! I have often wished for this kind of tool....it takes a lot of time to search each supplier's website for the best value. Thanks for taking the tiime to do this.

Glad, you like this. Thanks!
Your replies have "stimulatory action" effect :p

Since it is almost impossible to add items manually, I decided to get them by XML feed provided by the store.
I have written a technical specification for the XML feed that is required to add your store to the website.
It is in the attachment.

If you are willing to join the system and have free visitors and buyers in future, please, prepare XML feed and update it regularily (better - automatically) to keep the information about items in actual state.

Thanks.

Attachments

• xml_spec.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 206
Excellent idea. I would love something like this. However, if you decide to continue (and we hope you do), you really have your work cut out. I wonder if each vendor would send you a list of their products with current prices to help us out? It would be worth a shot. Thank you for posting it.

Thanks, hairball. I'm working on the website. Not going to stop. Next version is being developed now.
And you're right, I need more vendors with their XML feeds badly :(

Hope, they read this topic and would like to be listed on the website. It is FREE and will give them more visitors (buyers).

It's a great idea ... whether or not people used it would depend on how up to date the listed prices were.

Thanks, countrygirl1291.
The prices will be as up to date as the vendor updates his XML feed. The prices will be updated by the system at least once a day to keep them actual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread