• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

E-Cig Shop in Anoka - First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I stopped at the E-cig shop in Anoka on Tuesday, and had a quick look around. It's located in a strip mall on Main Street, just off Hwy 10.

My first impression was that it is a really small store. They have a ticket dispenser on the wall, where you take one and then wait for your number to be called. Fortunately, in the middle of the afternoon, they weren't using it. There were 3 people working, and two were assisting customers that arrived before me. I was greeted by a very nice person named Tara, I think?

I looked over their extensive list of favors, and asked if I would be able to try one. While she retrieved one of the flavors that I wanted to try, I took the opportunity to look at the hardware. They had a small but decent selection of hardware, pretty much exactly what you see on their website. Prices seemed to be pretty much in line with what you would expect for a brick and mortar.

She brought out a box of different flavors and located the one I had asked for pretty quickly. It was in atomizer form which she screwed onto a battery (which was lucky because I forgot mine), inserted a drip tip which she wiped off with a Clorox wipe, and let me try. Being a germaphobe, this is the only complaint I have about my visit. I would much prefer that they use the disposable drip tip covers. Logically I know that she cleaned it and it was safe, but I didn't like the thought of putting my lips on something that other people did. I decided that I'd prefer not to try any others.

However, the one I did try (vanilla custard) was very good, and I ordered up a bottle. Choices were 15ml one 30ml, and your only choice of nicotine strength is 16mg. Anything else is a special, with a 48 hour wait. I purchased the 15ml for $11.95, and headed out.

It was a very short visit, 10 minutes tops. High points were cleanliness, selection of juices, and friendliness of the one person I talked to. Low points were small selection of hardware, and it could get crowded fast in the small space. And the drip tip thing, which probably doesn't matter to anyone but me. :)

Overall it was a very positive experience, and I will be stopping in again for a more detailed look around and to try out some more of their large selection of juices.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
No, the drip tip thing does matter. Also I'm not clear on how she could really have cleaned it unless she ran a wipe through the inside of the drip tip as well (which maybe she did).

They could be skating by at the moment due to a loophole, but I would agree that it violates the spirit of common public health practices and what one would normally expect.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I took my mother in law to that store originally. They were very helpful though the guy that owns it rubbed both myself and my wife the wrong way. he didnt do anything "wrong" it was just his overall manner that seemed "off".

They gave my mother in law a good price and were extremely helpful, even on subsequent visits but my mother in law eventually went to another shop and said she prefers to go there instead.

I wont give the name of the other shop here as I dont want to advertise for it in a thread about this shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread