E-Cig Technical Observation: Health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDBJ

Nov 9, 2009
Hawaii (Boooooo)
Now, it could be that missed something. But the majority of ecigs is what? Water, Glutamin or some form of sugar, a chemical flavoring, not that different from the chemical flavoring in 99.9% of ALL fast food products, and Nicotine. Nicotine itself isn't all that dangerous. Addictive? YES, Does it cause cancer? NO. Carcinogens from BURNING tobacco and tar cause cancer. So by eliminating the burning tar and tobacco leaf, didn't we eliminate the primary health concern?

Yet the jackass's are still attempting to sue over health risks I understand?

I haven't really read all that much about the chemical makeup of an E-cig, So those knowledgeable in that area, please fill me in and we can discuss the physical and factual health concerns here.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Now, it could be that missed something. But the majority of ecigs is what? Water, Glutamin or some form of sugar, a chemical flavoring, not that different from the chemical flavoring in 99.9% of ALL fast food products, and Nicotine.
Read up on the Health section and search around the forum and you'll find pretty much every imaginable question answered.

There are no sugars in the liquid (it would caramelize and gunk up the atomizer), and only rarely some water to thin out a thick glycerin-based juice.
The flavoring is a tricky question, because we honestly don't always know what the effects of inhaling these flavoring compounds will be on the lungs long-term -- since it's not at all the same as eating it. They are not carcinogenic, though. Bottom line is that it can't possibly be as bad as cigarettes.

DonDaBoomVape discusses the basics in his Wonderful World of Vaping post. The first post covers the basic contents of eliquid.

RiskyBusiness

Dec 15, 2009
Florida
And the other bottom line: the proof is in the pudding. Once your sense of smell returns and you no longer look like the dawn of the living dead, you'll realize that these are much better than cigs... when you can run long distances again (and do other things in longer distances), you might come to the conclusion that you feel GREAT... then you'll know.

Jsis

Moved On
Jan 17, 2010
Uk - South
  • Deleted by j0ker
  • Reason: unregistered supplier/affliate

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Jsis: Just so you know now, it's not cool to promote another supplier in V4L's (or any supplier's) dedicated subforum. Cross-talk about other supplier's advantages or products can be legitimately deleted by the supplier; it also just goes against the purpose of having a dedicated subforum. There's plenty of room for discussions/comparisons of different suppliers in the general/review subforums. :)

V4L has a better discount than the one you mention anyway. ;)

But you're spot-on about the combustion products being the major problem with tobacco smoking. The thing is, any supplier who is careful about their eliquid's contents being pure (and, from looking at Leaford's photos, we know V4L has very good quality control in this area!) provides a product that is reliably a thousand times safer than cigarettes.

Last edited:

Defiantgroundhog

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
Cameron
Well, "synthetic" is not always "worse than 'natural'". There are decades of published experience with inhaled vaporized PG, but very little of value as far as vaporized VG as an inhalant that I have found.

I would have to say Adrenalynn I'm personally feeling better with PG myself.
I get such an oily feeling in my mouth with the VG. It's horrible. The thought of that being in my lungs just makes me very uncomfortable.

I know I know... I didn't seem to have a prob. with tar being in my lungs. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread