E-cig turning out worse and worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

freed1978

Jan 10, 2009
Hi,

Ok well I discovered the e-cig devices when looking up smoking alternatives after 3 months of quitting and BAD BAD cravings everyday (and 30lbs gained lol). I quit because of health concerns (just worried ya know and gf was too) and also because of the expense of smoking.

So after doing some reading and despite my best judgement, I ordered a Health E-Cigarette from ebay ($30 total with 6 cartridges) and after getting used to the plastic taste (never though I would but ya) it turns out that in 3 days I have used 3 cartridges. The sad thing is that I maybe waped the equivalent of 2-3 cigarette per cartridge if not less, and the worse thing is that after 3 months of non-smoking (agonizing pain lol) I have not gotten even a tiny bit of a buzz from nicotine (as if there was none and my body still feels as if I was still nicotine free, you all know that feeling).

So 2 "sets" of questions for all experienced users out there:

1. Can I use drip with e-liquid with my current device (since buying same refills would be useless), and if yes is there a place somewhere explaining how, and what does it comes back to in term of cost/pack of cig.

2. If I was to replace my e-cig (wish I didn't have to), What would be the best one to get (I hear good things about DSE901/b) so again (tight on money so I have to), what would be the cheapest way to get my body the nicotine it needs and with minimal cost/pack in the long run.

Sites/URLs are more than welcome and I will go through it all. Thank you so much and sorry for the long post.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I don't know what you have but the very cheap "Health" brand e-cigs like this DealExtreme: $15.75 Electronic Cigarettes with Charger and 6-Refills Set (110V~220V AC) are notorious round here.

I'm sure you can refill these but they aren't known for lasting a long time before failing. As you've worked out, claims of each cart being equal to a pack of cigs are nonsense.

If you were to go for one e-cig then a 901 has a lot going for it - relatively cheap, easy to get replacement parts, good vapour and throat hit. Get a spare atomiser, some cartridges, and a bottle or two of e-liquid and it will serve you well. I'm not in the US but puresmoker.com seems recommended.

Others you could look at, would be a pen style (RN4072) from the same place if you don't mind a larger e-cig. The batteries on these last longer, and the cartridges are bigger. Personally, I don't like the look of them for walking around with, but I use one at home.

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Agrees with Papa. ;)

I have not tried the cig you have but I'm sure a 901 will serve you a lot better. Good taste, good vapor. Check through the suppliers link near the top of this page for suppliers in your area.

Grab a 901 kit, spare atomiser and a bottle of liquid. The average 20 per day smoker will use 1-2ml of liquid per day. You can work out your ongoing costs from that. Atomisers and batteries do fail so you will need to allow for those also. Ongoing cost's will vary from 1 person to another.

You could possibly drip with your ecig you have. You can give it a try when you get your liquid with your 901. I usually prefer to simply top off a cart with 2-3 drops of liquid here and there. The same cart can be used for 2-3 days before it loses it's edge. Sometimes I drip, but if you do, go easy. Less is more ;)

Good luck, I'm sure you will have more success with a 901 or 801(RN4072)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
If you are tight on money, then that is another reason in my view to go for a pen-style (for instance the 801) rather then for a device with smaller cartridges... don't forget that the main cost of making cartridges is the plastic casing and mouthpiece... hardly difference in that material for a penstyle and a mini or supermini... but the penstyle holds múch more liquid. Meaning, each cartridge lasts you a lot longer... while costing the same or near the same as the smaller cartridges for the smaller cigs are doing.

And the cartridges are, in the longer run, something to really look at if you are on a budget, these are recurring costs... plus of course that bigger cartridges need a lot less frequent 'work' done on them.

Good luck with whatever you choose this time (sadly the Health cigs are indeed hmm, understatement: not all too famous for their good performance or durability...) - I really hope you find something that gives you what you are looking for :)

Pen, pen, pen, are the 3 words I have for you.

I had a cheap min, probably similar to what you had, but they could not curb my craving.

The pen hit took care of that for me, and actually I had to cut back on the vaping because I was getting toooooooooooooo much nicotine.

BTW, I also have mine plugged into a usb pass through when I'm in one spot.

I got mine from puresmoker, so I can't speak for others, as I'm sure there are some good folks out there, but for me, the pen is the way to go.

If you get the kit, then I recommend you get a couple more atomizers and some liquid to top off.

I also got a battery back coming as well as a usb adapter for the car, so I'm never dry.

-Paul

freed1978

Jan 10, 2009
First, thank you all for your replies:

Papa Lazarou > Yes that is the one I have.

panderson01 and others> Do you actually get the buzz feeling from e-cig like reg cig if u stop for a few days ? Or at least does it feels like ur getting nicotine.. just wondering.

I am only on my third day of e-cigs, but I have to say that my experience, going through 3 carts in 3 days is pretty good!! I've been using the same cart but end up refilling about twice a day...that doesn't include starting with a full one.
I'm not sure what you mean "waped 2-3 cigs per cartridge"

I haven't smoked for a while and before that I had gradualy slowed down to about 4 cig per day (from a pack). But with that e-cig, one fresh cartridge does the equivalent of 2 or 3 cig (about 30-35 hits) and then it's out (all I get is a plastic taste and that's about it).

I have read around the forum that ppl have had better luck with penstyle also, maybe I will try it out. Now I just have the find a place that won't overcharged in the US (no more waiting 2 weeks to get it).

Also does anyone have a link to some kind of information about Dripping. The do's, the don'ts etc. Thanks

Austintatious

Jan 6, 2009
Man I am going to disagree with the people here.

First off, You need to go to the Cig reviews thread on this forum, there is some good info I posted there on your Health E.

I have been smoking one for about 2 weeks now and have been experimenting. There are some things you should know.

1. The cartridges this cig comes with are CRAP.. they have crap flavor and 0 nicotine. They produce no buzz and no vapor.

2. Get some Liquid and "Drip" Put 2-3 drops directly on the atomizer and puff. Take it slow.. No need to suck like a hoover... Take a slow smooth draw and you shoudl get a lot of smoke. Mine is producing as much smoke as you can see in this video. youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=lctBgPonF9Q&feature=channel_page

Note please that to get this amount of vapor you must drip into the atomizer.

Also, Keep your Old cartridges.. You can put a paperclip into the hole at the end and push out the little plastic cup that holds the liquid... Pull out the material, dry it off, then put your liquid in it... Use that in conjunction with Dripping.

Dont give up, try what I have told you and you can make this cheap O work.... BTW these can be had for 18.00 shipped from china on E-bay.

freed1978

Jan 10, 2009
Thank you for your post Austin, I have checked out the information you posted in the review section. However, it seems I am having a problem, my e-cig led used to flash after a while but no longer does, the led just turns off after 4 seconds and I can usually draw once and then have to wait to get anything out of another draw.

So I don't know if something went bad (battery is fully charged). Now I am wondering if I should get the e-liquid to try on this one or just get a DSE301b (penstyle). I noticed litecigusa.com has the DSE901 and DSE901b for $34.95

Either that or try to get the puresmoker.com liquid to try on this one.

Anyone dealt with them ? thanks again.

solution42

Dec 15, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
Hi freed1978, I've had that with a battery I flooded through over dripping. It would always cut out early. I store my batteries upside down overnight and I guess one day it just sorted itself out.

I'm over the battery shuffle now, got a usb pass through like panderson01 below and many others on this forum. I have to agree with them, it really helps give a consistent throat hit.

freed1978

Jan 10, 2009
Hi everyone, thank you for all your replies.

Well I finally got my e-liquid from PureSmoker.com on saturday (was nice and quick delivery after ordering on wednesday).

I first tried topping off the carts that I had but I was only able to hit once every 10-15 mins, after that first hit, nothing would come out. I tried dripping one drop on the atomizer (which the cartridge in it still) and same result.

Today I tried to remove the cart and one drop on the atomizer and WOW nice... finally getting hit and can have more than one every 10 mins :D

So I just have the cart itself without the inside with one drop of e-liquid and doing very well now! This cheap e-cig is performing very well (I haven't tried any other so, take this into consideration). I do not get a huge amount of vapor but it doesn't worry me as long as I get my nicotine fix in a healthier way :)

I am sold on e-cigs!

freed1978

Jan 10, 2009
Oh and about ebay worries, the seller I got it from was from Hong Kong and said 10-15 days for shipping (I got it in 10) but the only problem I have with them is that nowhere did it say that there was not going to be any nicotine in their cartridges (but to be fair, neither did it say there was going to BE nicotine, but I thought that was impled, don't make the same mistake).

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
I feel that the majority of analog buzzes are more about the 4000+ other chemicals in tobacco, as opposed to just the Nicotine causing it. I have never received the same type of dizzy buzz that you get from analogs with my e-cig, even with the 36mg juice. I just get the feeling comfort and relaxation. :?:

You may be right about that because I noticed the same thing myself.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
Dito, no real buzz but at least it stops my cravings.. I might try a diff juice next time, any suggestion ?

I use the CASH Juice from puresmoker.com and love it (and steve is a great guy to deal with). My favorite so far is the strawberry and the apple. I dont think your ever going to get the same kind of buzz you would with a real cig unless maybe you used some of the super high strength liquid like the 24mg or 36mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread