e cigar fight out.. ruyan and e-cig chna..

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
okay let me do the ruyan contender first..

it comes in a simple box.. looks well made.. cost for the basic kit $48 plus another $20 for express shipping.. no dead on arrival components..

an ebay china purchase from heavens gift..

TitaniumE-cigar.jpg

its the titanium model.. they do come in a simple brown if required..

the cigar is the original e cig device.. it differs from later variants in two ways mostly.. its a single one piece stainless steel tube with the pressure switch and atomizer built in.. the cart "screws" in one end and the little "off the shelf" none proprietary lithium 350 mah battery pops in the other end and is held in place with a little light up screw in cap.. it has no fancy electronics and no puff limits or things to say the battery is flat.... this is left to user discretion..

it is cigar shape and size.. shorter than a classic pen style but noticably fatter.. chunky might be the word to use..

so how well does it work.. well it simply "works".. light draw.. enough but not massive amounts of vapour.. the carts empty nicely and there is no need to drip or do other none standard things..

the fluid has a very pronounce cigar taste/smell and seems to do the nicotine delivery business well.. i am using the high strengh carts.. they delivery the smoke until very near empty in a nice consistent way.. there is next to no liquid left in the cart when its finished..

so.. its a device that does what its supposed to do.. and does it well.. with no hard work or technical expertise required by the user..

but.. nothing is ever perfect in the e cig world.. the batteries are its weak spot.. when new they have a run time of around five hours heavy use.. perhaps a little less..

mine have now noticeably dropped off to around two hours run time after very little use.. just a couple of days in fact.. not really acceptable..

its possible i am accelerating the decline by using my none standard charger.. this charges at double the rate the kit one does.. i will report back later on this.. i am now feeding the little chaps 200 mah from the kit charger..

so overall.. is it worth buying.. at heaven gift prices yes.. at ruyan type prices no..

the thing i like most apart from ruyan novelty factor is the liquid.. i love the cigar taste.. its the first liquid i have used that even vaguely represents a true tobacco product..

more to come.. when i get the the other contenders..

###

okay the copy contenders have arrived for the challenge.. just a pair of atomizers with the end caps.. cost 18 dollars the pair plus postage..

pop in a battery and ruyan cart and puff away.. well at first there seems no difference between the copy and the original.. hooking down into the atomizers they both look identical.. they both smoke identical..

after a while differences start to show up.. while the ruyan seems able to work thru the cart with no problems the copy starts to show the slight acrid taste of a dry atomizer.. a quick (wet) top up produces instant results.. more smoke than the ruyan.. so what is happening..??

the copy seems to run the atomizer hotter than the ruyan.. it needs to be wet.. remove the cart and direct drip into the atomizer and the thing takes off.. noticeably more smoke than the ruyan.. direct dripping the ruyan dosnt seem to have the same effect..

so there are some differences.. the ruyan simply works as said earlier.. the copy works better smoke production wise but needs top ups or dripping to do it..

basically there is no clear winner here.. if u want reasonable just pop a cart in smoke production with no messing the ruyan wins.. but if u dont mind tops ups or direct dripping the copy wins..

how long each device lasts is yet to be seen.. so far i am gonna declare the contest a draw purely on an initial performance basis.. other factors take longer to evaluate..

trog

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
sorry about the delay.. but so far i only one of the contenders in my possession.. the other chaps have taken a little longer to arrive than i thought.. i will have them monday.. two cheapo e-cig china ones.. i also have another ruyan arriving before the end of the week.. just to take out any fluke factors.. four contenders in all..

trog

Kit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2008
UK
sorry about the delay.. but so far i only one of the contenders in my possession.. the other chaps have taken a little longer to arrive than i thought.. i will have them monday.. two cheapo e-cig china ones.. i also have another ruyan arriving before the end of the week.. just to take out any fluke factors.. four contenders in all..

trog

Did you go for the ruyan black like you said you wanted dude

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
while we are on this subject, i would like to ask if anyone knows the legality of e-cig's business. from my understanding ruyan hold the patent for these devices and licenses out the use of this patent to companies like njoy etc.

then there are the generic brands like the rn4085 and the popular dse901 which are manafactured by somebody else in china and are manufactered without the patent and rebranded by many resellers and online including e-cig.

the rn4085 is a clone of njoys penstyle which was also one of ruyan's first devices on the market although now it is a little improved with a larger ceramic atomizer.

but how do who-ever manafacturers these generics get away without paying for the license to use ruyan's patent? or do they pay for it? is it because the law is not enforced strictly in china? or are ruyan not bothered by the infringement? any help would be appreciated. is it only because patent is pending?

also what is up with companies like loong totem and green-cig? do they have use of the patent?

Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
we aint on this subject.. its a review thread not a legal issue one.. best ask your question in the right thread.. sorry

trog
this thread is in the review section alright but i havent seen anything reviewed here. i thought it was to be a review of the fight to take place between ecig china and ruyan. then i thought my post was relevent as the fight for dominance in the e-cig market is encompassed by the patent issue. on closer insepction though it seems you plan to review 2 cigars from each of the companies...got-it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread