E 'cigarette' in the news uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Evod I think you've been smoking a little too much of your green flowers pal.

I live, actually live and experience life in a country with lax regard to regulation and it kills daily. It's not pretty and you'd not want it had you seen it. You've likely not, so.... Keep on chiming in with your ad hominem attacks on a subject you clearly know little about bar knee-jerk reaction opinions you've likely picked up from others and which you write about with the perception and viewpoint of an adolescent, Nice try hitting me with a blow to my education but my confidence there is not very easily shaken and unlike you my command of the English language and grammar can get me through a paragraph and have me come out looking pretty good.

Cheers! Enjoy your 'green flowers.'

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Since this news came out IDK about Americans but Canadians can literally not get any juices from the UK without the packages being taken to testing or haulted for what it is. This means goodbye Pluid for a lot of Canadians :(

Man that sucks. Have Canadians only been able to get fluid from the UK before? Is it banned for sale within Canada? The US is right next door, can't you get it from there?

Ps - why do some people call it 'pluid?' I've been a way a whiles lol.

Tebo

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna British Columbia
Man that sucks. Have Canadians only been able to get fluid from the UK before? Is it banned for sale within Canada? The US is right next door, can't you get it from there?

Ps - why do some people call it 'pluid?' I've been a way a whiles lol.

pluids only being sold in the UK atm. the incidents I've heard of pluid being stopped here have been from US to Canada, I'm not sure about the situation for UK to Canada atm I might of spoke too soon. But I can't see it being any better atm :(

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I would NOT support anything that:
1. Requires the use of an FDA, EPA, OSHA approved laboratory.

Too bad on that one, it's already a requirement to produce consumer consumables. It may not have to go as far as Dekang and Johnson Creek have their labs but you're not supposed to be packing stuff up for people to stick in their mouths in your average home kitchen.
And OSHA, if you've got employees you have to follow safety guidelines for whatever you're doing.
I don't know what the EPA has to do with it in a realistic setting but you don't want someone dumping a 55 gallon drum of nicotine into a ditch because something was wrong with it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Too bad on that one, it's already a requirement to produce consumer consumables. It may not have to go as far as Dekang and Johnson Creek have their labs but you're not supposed to be packing stuff up for people to stick in their mouths in your average home kitchen.
And OSHA, if you've got employees you have to follow safety guidelines for whatever you're doing.
I don't know what the EPA has to do with it in a realistic setting but you don't want someone dumping a 55 gallon drum of nicotine into a ditch because something was wrong with it.

The reason I put that in there, is that I can see BigT taking a look at their own labs, and then whispering into the ears of the law makers and regulators to require labs at the level of sophistication that only BigT and Big Pharma could possibly comply with. I am talking things like air locks, special filtered ventilation systems, special security systems, etc. Remember nicotine is dangerous. The question is just how dangerous will they make it out to be?

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
Because we all know how well the current ban on ........ is going can't walk around manchester city centre a extremely well populated and policed area without smelling it now I'm not saying ecigarettes will be in the same category but if they can't seem to ban ........ seeds and growing equipment properly ( both can be legally sold just not in the same building meaning companies simply own two shops one selling seeds the other hydroponics ) I doubt they can make a complete ban possible simply if you ban nicotine you ban cigarettes and sestation products if you ban propolyne glycol you ban a ingredient used I'm asthma inhalers and if you ban vg you ban a food additive so go ahead ban ecigs lol I know for a fact you can make a ecig out of a smints tin and can we wick and coil my atomiser as many times as I like

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I just don't understand why do the gov't always says "we don't know much about xyz, so let's ban it." instead of "we don't know much about xyz, so let's study it." If the gov't is so concern about the safety of e-cig, why isn't there any gov't official proposing any study?

Someone didn't read the full article.

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
And I will be very interested to see ( if a ban comes into place ) what this ban will cover what is a ecigarette essentially a battery in a tube can't ban batteries or tubes and nicotine surely can't be banned or they would have to ban actual cigarettes I will bet anything I own that of and when a ban does come into place it will simply tax the bejesus out of nicotine a blanket ban in my opinion would be impossible funny how anything that is bad for you suddenly gets increased in tax and also funny how these things are incredibly popular too alcohol two glasses fight off cancer and other ailments but more then that rots your liver turns you into a yob and kills you lets tax it smoking ( albeit incredibly bad for you ) proven to cause cancer heart conditions lung problems shall we ban it no people buy it enmasse lets tax it even transport cars cause global warming and poisons the earth lets not work around that lets tax it and increase public transport costs too whilst we are at it typical British government response if you can't beat em profit of them instead

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
Last edited:

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
I have put a link to the E petition over on the UK forum, not a bad idea to sign it,
we cannot sit back and think they cannot do this or that ...... THEY WILL.

If we do nothing we deserve all we get.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/uk-forum/430057-sign-petition-now-regret-later.html

Signed ecigarettes have helped my completely quit smoking and vaping before and will do again and they have also kept my brother ( who has learning difficulties ) from chain smoking 40 a day

Anbessa

Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Thailand
That is all completely wrong. The Media and Coverments pushing to Regulate e-cigarettes under medicine because of it's nicotine content . Does nobody realize the crazynes in this and the best promoters are the e-cig users them self hailing the e-cig as a alternative to smoking.

When i look at my device it fails completely to be compared with a cigarette or eaven a electronically cigarette. Further it does not contain nicotine if i have a nic. free juice in it!!!!! That is the point were i start to ask myselfe if it is realy sucesfull to fool eaven Vapers with this Electronic Cigarette regulated as medicine thing.....Is it about nicotine or Vaping here?Is tabako a medically regulated product? Somone please help me out here in this psychological propaganda dilemma ....

Greets Anbessa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread