Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I just don't understand why do the gov't always says "we don't know much about xyz, so let's ban it." instead of "we don't know much about xyz, so let's study it." If the gov't is so concern about the safety of e-cig, why isn't there any gov't official proposing any study?

That is all completely wrong. The Media and Coverments pushing to Regulate e-cigarettes under medicine because of it's nicotine content . Does nobody realize the crazynes in this and the best promoters are the e-cig users them self hailing the e-cig as a alternative to smoking.

When i look at my device it fails completely to be compared with a cigarette or eaven a electronically cigarette. Further it does not contain nicotine if i have a nic. free juice in it!!!!! That is the point were i start to ask myselfe if it is realy sucesfull to fool eaven Vapers with this Electronic Cigarette regulated as medicine thing.....Is it about nicotine or vaping here?Is tabako a medically regulated product? Somone please help me out here in this psychological propaganda dilemma ....

Greets Anbessa
The answer to both your questions is unfortunately the same. Follow the money.
It is my understanding that in Indonesia, R.J.Re....ds is arguing that there is not enough evidence to suggest that tobacco is harmful. they also claim that they do not sell or advertise to children and host concerts of the most popular bands with branding all over the place. There are cigarette kiosks at the entrances to most schools where you can buy a single one at a time.
Wonder why they do such things.... :glare:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
The reason I put that in there, is that I can see BigT taking a look at their own labs, and then whispering into the ears of the law makers and regulators to require labs at the level of sophistication that only BigT and Big Pharma could possibly comply with. I am talking things like air locks, special filtered ventilation systems, special security systems, etc. Remember nicotine is dangerous. The question is just how dangerous will they make it out to be?

If there actually are any juice makers mixing in their kitchens or bathrooms it's likely they are breaking GMP, I imagine UK has similar manufacturing rules. But I agree, the Johnson Creek or Dekang level labs are more for pharmaceutical level production and as far as I know neither of them are extracting nicotine, they are more like a pharmacy mixing nicotine lollypops and when was the last time you saw a pharmacy with those high level labs?

^^

This IS what will happen. Not saying I want it to but once it gets medical status who do you think's getting the license to manufacture and retail it?

BT or BP for sure. I'd bet my new ego-c on it.

It shouldn't happen. Mixing premade nicotine, premade flavoring, premade PG/VG and bottle water is not really manufacturing. It is not pharmaceutical manufacture, and it doesn't even need to be up to the standards of food production because we're not eating the stuff where any contaminates sit around growing in our guts and everything passes over a heating element. I'm not even sure if any contaminates can live and grow in e-liquid.

That is all completely wrong. The Media and Coverments pushing to Regulate e-cigarettes under medicine because of it's nicotine content . Does nobody realize the crazynes in this and the best promoters are the e-cig users them self hailing the e-cig as a alternative to smoking.

When i look at my device it fails completely to be compared with a cigarette or eaven a electronically cigarette. Further it does not contain nicotine if i have a nic. free juice in it!!!!! That is the point were i start to ask myselfe if it is realy sucesfull to fool eaven Vapers with this Electronic Cigarette regulated as medicine thing.....Is it about nicotine or Vaping here?Is tabako a medically regulated product? Somone please help me out here in this psychological propaganda dilemma ....

Greets Anbessa

It's just a way to dictate morality.
They can preach against tobacco because it's harmful. They aren't having an luck preaching against ecigs on the same grounds so they're grasping for the medical angle, ignoring 0mg liquid, and it's a much easier angle to force a defacto ban.
That was beat in court in the US. I hope something similar happens in the UK.

The Canadian angle is the biggest joke. They lie and claim there's a ban hoping fear of government and ignorance makes that lie the truth. And it has worked for a long time.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If there actually are any juice makers mixing in their kitchens or bathrooms it's likely they are breaking GMP, I imagine UK has similar manufacturing rules. But I agree, the Johnson Creek or Dekang level labs are more for pharmaceutical level production and as far as I know neither of them are extracting nicotine, they are more like a pharmacy mixing nicotine lollypops and when was the last time you saw a pharmacy with those high level labs?

It shouldn't happen. Mixing premade nicotine, premade flavoring, premade PG/VG and bottle water is not really manufacturing. It is not pharmaceutical manufacture, and it doesn't even need to be up to the standards of food production because we're not eating the stuff where any contaminates sit around growing in our guts and everything passes over a heating element. I'm not even sure if any contaminates can live and grow in e-liquid.

It's just a way to dictate morality.
They can preach against tobacco because it's harmful. They aren't having an luck preaching against ecigs on the same grounds so they're grasping for the medical angle, ignoring 0mg liquid, and it's a much easier angle to force a defacto ban.
That was beat in court in the US. I hope something similar happens in the UK.

The Canadian angle is the biggest joke. They lie and claim there's a ban hoping fear of government and ignorance makes that lie the truth. And it has worked for a long time.

No it's all about taxes. As much as Big Government pretends to hate Big Tobacco, they sure do love the tax revenue that tobacco brings in. A drop in tobacco sales means a drop in tax revenue. So just as BigT want in the eCig business to offset losses, so to BigG wants their share of the pie as well. This is why BigG will put in regulations to give BigT the near monopolies...the tax structure is already in place.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Not @scotp (but not excluding him lol)

I live in China. I see and hear about the effects of crappy regulation of food and drugs daily.

Anyone who hasn't stepped outside the USA

1. Read up on how damaging a lot of bootleg booze could be during the proby years in your own country.

2. Go to youtube and do a search for 'shanghai / china gutter oil' Be ready to want to vomit over your computer.

3. Read up on how up to or more than 40% of all cigs in china are fakes - even in western chain supermarkets here - and how they have EVEN MORE dangerous chemicals in them and insanely higher levels of tar and nic.

That's what lax regulation and licensing does for ya.

I live here and to all of you who order juice from here - I'd advise you not to. Why? I live here. I work here. Every foriegner I know calls Shanghai (the most modern city in china) 'the world's biggest kindergaarten.' These people are not clean and smart like the ones you might meet in the US or UK. In Shanghai I've seen men in business suits squat and take a dump in the street in broad daylight, people go shopping with their pajamas on and hold up a queue for thirty minutes arguing with the cashier over the total because they think they're being cheated. They spit and grunt and pee and poop on the streets and spit inside trains and buses etc. They ain't smart in general and are corrupt as all hell and are the first to admit it.

Now when it was 'we sell few gallons of nic liq to a million vapers in USA and UK' it was pretty easy for them no doubt to get good clean nicotine. Now they're also selling nicotine liquid to their own population of over 1.6 billion people - you think they ain't cutting it with something or adding some filler or dilutant or using stuff that ain't A grade all the time?

If you don't know the answer to that, again as i said above, even my Chinese co-workers would laugh at you. I'm stuck buying juice from here until I get home to the UK in Sept. I order small, under $25 orders. Know why? My Chinese co-worker who does it for me told me a lot of the reviews for products costing more than that are done by the company / friends of the company themselves but for less than that - it's not worth getting people to type the reviews for them!

Just a heads up.

Every Chinese guy I know says they will only buy cigarettes from a store owned by a friend, family member or a friend of one etc. Now if that's how bad it is with fake cigs (a lot end up in the EU and US too) I doubt there are companies making e-juice that aren't as unscrupulous.

Like I said do 1, 2 and 3 listed above. It'll make anyone think twice about regulating and licensing.

As for the juice, I buy Dekang only as they are the originators, so I'm hoping they've stayed straight up. When I get to the UK? Nope. My juice will be bought from UK producers regardless of cost or EU or US producers regardless of cost or shipping.

I just paid twice as much for an ego-c set up from a Chinese site as they have 'certificates' proving they ship real OVALE from Seoul (Korea has the real deal but expensive as taxed as tobacco imports) which the Koreans import from Italy. I had one in Korea it was amazing. This one, I've had a week and the part near the battery/atty connection gets hot after four drags already and I vape less than 1ml a day. I'm pretty sure it's not OVALE really. As long as it doesn't explode I'll make do foer the next 2.5 months I guess as Ovale and Janty don't actually ship here....

Simple questions:

Where are the best e-liquids made?

In the USA (maybe some will debate this).

Regulation/license required?

None.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
And they will and they are bold enough. You ever see one of those missiles the have that can turn a city into a desert? Lion vs desert maker bomb, wonder who's gonna win that fight.

I see exactly what will happen. They will do the research, they will POSSIBLY make the products more reliable or safer - then they will hand manufacture, marketing and retailing over to either BT or BP and they will sell the product, probably at a cost more than it is at the moment.

That sucks, but it's what will probably happen.

And nobody will do anything about it because we can't scotp. When was the last time you saw a demonstration lead to a major societal change in the UK or US?

Part of democracy is giving up some absolute freedoms for the best for the herd / everyman - protection by law, not being able to beat your wife, freedom to vote for your own candidate etc. The herd aren't 'sheep' and conspiracy theorists are the last people we want representing the vaping community.

When was the last successful pure anarchist society you know about. Oh that's right, there never has been one because we are social creatures that have always had hierarchies, it's in our nature, like it or not.

I do not follow your conspiracy jab. It is disingenuous and (I thought) beneath you. Was I incorrect?

I only represent myself, though I do support CASAA, but I do not speak for them.

I live in a republic. I am not talking about anarchy, only defending my right to vape, hotwire.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
I agree with follow the money etc.

I see a government collecting taxes and preaching for people to give up the evil tobacco, they give patches and gum etc to help give it up, knowing full well that there is always a new generation of smokers behind the ones that give up, therefore the tax just keeps rolling in.

What confuses them is the fact that to a greater extent ecigs are doing what patches etc' do not. and taxes will start to fall, so we get the knee jerk reaction of "what can we do to replace lost taxes". We are now in that situation and await the outcome.

My two penneth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread