E-cigarette won't fit into the charger anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Bose

Jan 24, 2021
My Aspire e-cigarette won't fit into the charger, or three of my four cartridges. It will fit into the fourth cartridge, which has a much wider hole for the prong. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

It looks like there is no way for the e-cig and the charger to hook up, since the e-cig ends in a prong and the end of the charger has a solid cylinder. Am I missing a piece?

I know that I used to use the thing, but I've been away for eight months and now I don't remember what I did.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It looks like there is no way for the e-cig and the charger to hook up, since the e-cig ends in a prong and the end of the charger has a solid cylinder.

This is the only thing that comes close to making sense of the above quote...

952819_Aspire-USB-Charger-w-Cord__41683_1200x1200_7ca11866-5dad-4e87-9d7b-aa52ae5526c6_696x.jpg

Bob Bose

Jan 24, 2021
    I'm afraid that I don't know what model it is. It was a gift.

I'm in Illinois.

This is the only thing that comes close to making sense of the above quote...

952819_Aspire-USB-Charger-w-Cord__41683_1200x1200_7ca11866-5dad-4e87-9d7b-aa52ae5526c6_696x.jpg

Yes, that is exactly what I want to do. But the edges don't even touch, let alone screw in. The prong on the charger bumps into the cylinder in the charger.

I send a photo, but I don't own a camera or mobile phone.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I send a photo, but I don't own a camera or mobile phone.

Then look at the words on your device and look them up on google. When you find exactly what you have, post a link to it so we can see what you have.

Otherwise this is all just "target practice in the dark". With no pictures, links or model name to share, it's almost impossible to get help over the internet. There are a bajillion different Aspire models on the market today in 2021.

Another option is to take your device and charger to a local vape shop and see if they can hep you figure it out.

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States
    My Aspire e-cigarette won't fit into the charger, or three of my four cartridges. It will fit into the fourth cartridge, which has a much wider hole for the prong. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

It looks like there is no way for the e-cig and the charger to hook up, since the e-cig ends in a prong and the end of the charger has a solid cylinder. Am I missing a piece?

I know that I used to use the thing, but I've been away for eight months and now I don't remember what I did.
    KR808D-1

If you have some "fat" and "skinny" batteries, you may have some old 808 threaded things like I linked above instead of the more standard 510 threaded gear. The 510's will feel more like a Virginia Slims or More cigarette, while the 808's will feel a bit thicker. If this is the case, you will need to find and match up your batteries, tanks, and chargers or search for an adapter if one exists.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    KR808D-1

If you have some "fat" and "skinny" batteries, you may have some old 808 threaded things like I linked above instead of the more standard 510 threaded gear. The 510's will feel more like a Virginia Slims or More cigarette, while the 808's will feel a bit thicker. If this is the case, you will need to find and match up your batteries, tanks, and chargers or search for an adapter if one exists.

KR808D-1 could make a lot of sense.

• Agree
    Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If OP's device/battery is branded with "Aspire" on it, I don't believe it will be 808 threaded, only 510. Aspire never had 808 threaded devices as far as I know.

The parent company (Eigate) did make 808 stuff for other brands under OEM contract though (they made Smokeless Image's 808 threaded Ego batts and tanks/coil heads).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread