E-Cigarettes & Alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Does anyone have experience with e-cigs and going out? I'm addicted to karaoke as well as nicotine and seem to drink quite a few shots of jager in the process...

Is this going to make me want "regular" cigarettes? I just started using e-cigs on Thursday... Left it all at home... took it to work on Friday (smoked WAY less regular smokes)....

Then went out after work for some karaoke... had the e-cig with me but being a total noob, ran out of battery and cartridges very early in the night so smoked my regular till time to go home...

Does drinking usually make everyone want an old-fashioned smoke or is the vapor good enough to be okie dokie while out and drinking? I mean, I have been known to smoke an entire pack while out on a Friday night...

BTW, the little while the e-cig did last, I got quite a bit of attention from my friends with lots of questions... People seem to be very interested in a healhier alternative to lots of ashes and smelly smokes..

PS... after three days, I hardly ever turn to a regular old smoke.. They make my mouth feel inside out.

Rita

sixstring

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
SW Ga. USA
www.kdpconline.com
Rita,

I find just the opposite. When I'm having my evening scotch(es), I use the e-cig more. It's when I'm at work, facing the stresses of the day that I crave analogs more.

I still can't give up the morning analog, and the one after eating a good meal...

Just my 2 cents...

BTW:

LOVED your Wal-Mart and Taco-Bell comments! Feels like South GA!

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
For me... It's the best reason to smoke (or vape).
I would have to quit drinking to stop smoking.
They just go together.
Same for all the other reasons we do it.
It enhances the experience or activity.
Morning coffee, after a meal... a good meal especially, and it goes along with almost any beverage you can think of, alcohol or no.
The craving gets associated with the activity as well as the addiction. imho.
My brother went to a hypnotist to try and quit. The hypnotist implanted the suggestion that he would feel like throwing up when he craved a cigarette.
My brother said it really sucked during sex. :w00t:

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
Well, last night I had my first slip up since the 26th of Dec :(. I don't drink too often now a days, but last night I was hanging out with my friend who had a big bottle of wine for us. She smokes anyhow, so between being around the cigs and drinking the wine I got my first INTENSE urge for a real smoke. It didn't stop with 1 either... I smoked almost a pack before the night was over :oops: I've always been a chain smoker when I drink. Don't know why, but it just compliments it very well. I've had beer before and the E-cig got me through just fine, but it didn't work with the wine. I think I'm just going to come to terms with being a "social smoker" when I'm drinking because the urge is just too much :(.

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
When I was out Friday night, I don't know if it was b/c the battery was going low or my cartridges were almost on "e" or what but I just didn't "feel" the vapor like a cig... went about 1/2 and 1/2 that night.. Like you, riddle, I'm a chain-smoker for sure ... even worse when I drink. I ordered some of that super-duper-high-grade nic juice from the devil-ish store (along with another e-cig set up, lots of atomizers, chargers, etc) so I'm hoping the higher nic content will satisfy that.

I really find that I'm not liking regular cigs anymore, as long as the vapor is flowing that is. :)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Well, last night I had my first slip up since the 26th of Dec :(. I don't drink too often now a days, but last night I was hanging out with my friend who had a big bottle of wine for us. She smokes anyhow, so between being around the cigs and drinking the wine I got my first INTENSE urge for a real smoke. It didn't stop with 1 either... I smoked almost a pack before the night was over :oops: I've always been a chain smoker when I drink. Don't know why, but it just compliments it very well. I've had beer before and the E-cig got me through just fine, but it didn't work with the wine. I think I'm just going to come to terms with being a "social smoker" when I'm drinking because the urge is just too much :(.

Sorry to hear you had to hit the analogs for the drinks and the e-cig did not cut it....I had no issues, but I use 10ml of e-liquid easy...Sun:confused:

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I haven't been clubbing yet since I started with ecigs. But a few nights ago I did hang with the boys and play cards till the early hours. The drinks were flowing and my vapor was too. I made sure I had plenty of gear so I wouldn't run out. I did notice that I didn't smoke as much as if I would have ha analogs with me.

My buddies gave me a hard time most of the night about my new toy. They also kept trying to get me to smoke a "real" one. I gave in once, taking a hit from a Marlboro red. It was horrible and I thought I was going to cough my lungs up. Other than that it was a good night with lots of questions. Maybe that's why I didn't smoke as much - too much explaining, lol.

Word of advice: Be prepared for friends asking to try it. One of my friends liked it so much I even made another one out of my spares for him to use that night.

I've really never minded letting my friends take a drag off my smokes. But for those who do it's probably a good idea to carry a couple extra carts or tips when attending a social gathering with fellow smokers. Believe me, they'll ask to try your ecig.

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
Vape at the Pub skullin pints all the time. It's no smoking in there so I am the only one not running out in the freezing cold to smoke. Totally does the trick for me. sorry to hear about the analog incident... I have had one bad craving but somehow got through it. We are all on the right track with these things.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
I go through anywhere from 3-5 full m-401 carts whilst out drinking but I'm not hitting the analogs and that's good enough for me.

I'm about to head out and have a pint or 10 now, I think...And I have my little mini-dropper to keep me company :D

Hey, there, Terra.

:cool:

It's Jilm, brother man. Heading out myself. Only taking two extra carts, topped off my main right now. You're a serious addict.

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
I'm sorry to hear that Riddle. Bet you felt rough this morning! Did the first one taste bad? Are you having a hard time just vapin' today?

Rough in more ways than 1..lol!!! I'm still hungover :(. Then again, I got carried away with both the wine and the cigs. I can't handle my alcohol anymore, and we split that huge bottle between the 2 of us. My chest felt like I'd been run over with a mac truck. And then there was the cough this morning, I reeked of smoke, and that awful taste in my mouth! Man, I don't miss those things! It was fun while it lasted though :).

Believe it or not, the first one tasted great! I had a good buzz going though, so my taste buds weren't 100%. I think the buzz is why I did it in the first place. I vaped until my 3rd glass and finally gave in. Lost inhibitions ya know ;). I haven't wanted a cig today at all! Actually, I haven't even really wanted to vape. Guess it's this nasty hangover. Good thing I don't drink often :).

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Hey, there, Terra.

:cool:

It's Jilm, brother man. Heading out myself. Only taking two extra carts, topped off my main right now. You're a serious addict.

ahaha...'Sup Jilm. I take the extras because a night out, for me, starts at 8pm and often doesn't end until 0430 or so...There's always an after-party or some such and I don't want to run out.

If I'm just going out for a few beers with the guys a couple of topped off carts is plenty.

And yeah, I'm an addict, for sure ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread