E-cigarettes and smoking cessation: Online survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Aziz Rahman

May 10, 2017
Are you currently using e-cigarettes, or, have you previously used e-cigarettes?
Do you have few minutes to share your smoking experiences?

We are looking for participants for the study, “Electronic cigarettes and smoking cessation: examining the smoking behaviours among the current users”. There has been conflicting evidence regarding the use of e-cigarettes and smoking cessation in literature and demands further studies. Therefore, this study aims to examine the smoking behaviours among the e-cigarette users and determine any relationship with smoking cessation practice.

It is a completely anonymous and voluntary online survey. It will not take more than 10 minutes to complete. If you are interested, please click this link to access the Participant Information Statement (PIS) and the Survey Questionnaire: https://latrobe.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6A1KZULjx8pnOpD

Much appreciated for your support.

Kind regards,
Dr Aziz Rahman, MBBS, MPH, PhD
Public Health Professional and Senior Lecturer
Austin Clinical School of Nursing, La Trobe University
T: +61 3 9496 2137, M: +61 4 1769 7453, E: m.rahman2@latrobe.edu.au

Note: This survey has been approved by the admin

Reactions: RainSong

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Except there is no link. What am I missing. Starting in October '14 I was dual user for 6 weeks. For the year after that I smoked half a dozen cigs for some smoking coworkers to prove I was immune to relapse. That practice got so unpleasant I gave it up a year ago. I could smoke a cig right now with no concern about relapse. That's a significant difference with the conventional "treatments" which are just snake oil in the true classic sense of the term. I started a brother vaping a few months after me. He was a dual user for 10 months. I was starting to worry. So put in the link. I might participate if the questions are appropriate.

ZCAR1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2014
San Antonio, TX, USA
The link worked for me.

What is the aim of this study?
The aims of this research program are:
  • To examine smoking behaviors among the current e-cigarette users
  • To compare smoking behaviors among the e-cigarette users in a developed country (Australia) and a developing country (Bangladesh)
  • To determine the association between current use, frequency and duration of e-cigarettes use and successful smoking cessation

Dr Aziz Rahman

May 10, 2017
Except there is no link. What am I missing. Starting in October '14 I was dual user for 6 weeks. For the year after that I smoked half a dozen cigs for some smoking coworkers to prove I was immune to relapse. That practice got so unpleasant I gave it up a year ago. I could smoke a cig right now with no concern about relapse. That's a significant difference with the conventional "treatments" which are just snake oil in the true classic sense of the term. I started a brother vaping a few months after me. He was a dual user for 10 months. I was starting to worry. So put in the link. I might participate if the questions are appropriate.
Thanks for sharing your story. Can you access the link now?

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Weird, I only got one question and then nothing. Am I using or have used an ecig, that was it. :blink: I assume it's a glitch, will try again tomorrow.

Just took the survey, there's a small double arrow ( << >> ) in the bottom right corner of the page to go back/advance, it is easy to miss.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I too had no way to really answer that question without some internet reserch and a calculator, which, frankly, I'm not in the mood for. That answer should be allowed to be left blank, or just ask to put amount plus the correct symbol for $ whatever country. I went middle of the road because I wasn't really sure what else to do.

Anna

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Only issue for taking it from the US is I have no idea how much income I have in AUD. Not sure how that will skew results when looking at socioeconomic status outside of Australia.

Google will help you out there - 1 dollar USD is equal to 1.32 Dollars AUD (as of today's conversion rate)

Dr Aziz Rahman

May 10, 2017
Weird, I only got one question and then nothing. Am I using or have used an ecig, that was it. :blink: I assume it's a glitch, will try again tomorrow.
Hi, probably, you have missed to tick the first question on whether you agree to participate in this survey. Please, try again and let me know if there is any further challenge. Thanks.

Dr Aziz Rahman

May 10, 2017
Yeah, I too had no way to really answer that question without some internet reserch and a calculator, which, frankly, I'm not in the mood for. That answer should be allowed to be left blank, or just ask to put amount plus the correct symbol for $ whatever country. I went middle of the road because I wasn't really sure what else to do.

Anna
Yes, I do agree, that's a good suggestion, would be considered for our subsequent studies. Thanks for your participation.

Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread