E-Cigarettes and the effets on Cardiovascular Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
I just came across this video on another forum and wanted to share it here!!:)
Im not sure if this video has been posted on another threat...if so, Im sorry for posting it here.
Anyway, I know there are alot of questions concerning the "safety" of e-cigs and vaping in general-so this is a recent study that was conducted by the European Society of Cardiology, of Munich, Germany.
It is about 19 minutes long and worth a watch.
Hope this answers some questions and provides some enlightenment. Enjoy!!
(Pardon the back ground noise) not the greatest quality video, but quality information.

The study was conducted using 11mg nicotine e-juice.

Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos at ESC2012 - The Effects of Electronic Cigarettes on Myocardial Function - YouTube

Conclusion of study can be found at 16:10 (if you dont want to wait out the Medical jargon)

Take Home note: Nicotine is absorbed 3-10 times slower from electronic cigarettes as compared to regular cigarettes. Most importantly...Using Electroinc cigarettes had no ACUTE adverse effects on cardiac function.

Last edited:

niktemadur

Jan 17, 2013
Mexico
The audio is quite distracting, seems there's several podiums with live mics in the same conference space, but I made it all the way through, and in a nutshell, to quote Professor Farnsworth:
"Good news, everyone!" Performing the study with e-liquids of 11MG nicotine level, ecigs have much less short-term impact on the cardiovascular system than analogs, a fact that also considerably lowers my stress levels while doing some monster vapes with my Lambo.

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
The audio is quite distracting, seems there's several podiums with live mics in the same conference space, but I made it all the way through, and in a nutshell, to quote Professor Farnsworth:
"Good news, everyone!" Performing the study with e-liquids of 11MG nicotine level, ecigs have much less short-term impact on the cardiovascular system than analogs, a fact that also considerably lowers my stress levels while doing some monster vapes with my Lambo.

:laugh:I know what you mean about the audio!!!! That guy breathing was terrible. LOL:laugh:
But, the info is promising.....a good piece of mind.
Keep Vaping

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I will chime in here with first hand experience. The day I bought my very first PV was thhe day I decided to try and get back in shape. I went for a run...err lack thereof and also went to the gym the next day. I knew I wasn't going to stick with it if I couldnt breathe. So I bought my first knock off and 3 years later I'm running rba's and the like. Anyhow, I can tell you that my cardiovascular endurance did in fact improve in leaps and bounds. I could triple the amount of cardio I could do in months. I got into cycling and would consistently improve my time and speed.

All that being said, I am a chain vaper and after a really rough day/night of hardcore vaping, read alcohol, I still will wake up with a little irritation or cough a few times etc. It's NOWHERE near the way it used to be but I notice it. This is after maybe 10ml in a good 6 hour window so take it at face value. It is possible to vape yourself out. Also I tend to go for higher TH juice when drinking because the alcohol masks it. All in all it definately makes a tremendous difference, but everything, even nicotine needs moderation.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks. As someone with asthma, I found that I wheeze a lot less. It's usually in the morning that I wheeze a little bit, just enough to want me to hit the inhaler. After a few months of vaping, I find that I don't need the inhaler anymore.

As I'm sure you know, depending on how long you smoked it may take a year+ to alleviate that wheeze, it's been 3 years and I still have a slight wheeze some mornings evenings, that's after 15 years on the smellys.

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
10 mls in 6 hours:shock: If I did that I would be sick LOL. Must be nice. I wish I could.

That's my weakness, Jameson. It's almost aggravating cause i cant put the damn thing down at the bar. While I'm all all for converting people (it is our civic duty after all) I end up spending more time explaining to people what this device is and how it works than doing what I should be. this always results in a cold empty bed..:facepalm:

Tankman77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
Sac, Ca.
Thank you all for posting and sharing some of your personal stories!!
There is alot of questions and even more debate about the health and saftey of e-cigs. As time passess and e-cigs become even more "mainstream" I think we will see more studies similar to this in the near future.
I wanted to post this so that more of us are better educated and help educate others that argue and dispute the health reduction of e-cigs and vaping in general.
Keep Vapin:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread