E cigarettes may be more effective than swine flu vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
I kid you not, that's the title of the article. Well worth a look. Here's a few quotes:

He "Sprayed its air first with propylene glycol, then with influenza virus. All
the mice lived. Then he sprayed the chamber with virus alone. All the mice
died."

And
"Clinical trials on electronic cigarettes containing propylene glycol were
carried out in New Zealand by Dr. Murray Laugeson of Health New Zealand and
can be found on the website of SS Choice LLC at
E Cigarettes, Electronic Cigarettes, E Cigs under the tab "Media Coverage." Far from
posing a threat to our health, the propylene glycol in e cigarettes might just
keep us healthy."

vape for your health this flu season :D

E Cigarettes May Be More Effective Than Swine Flu Vaccine | Reuters

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Yes,TB, thank you for finding that info. I got such a kick out of reading it! I can understand though how someone could be on this forum for so long and not be able to read everything, it's like the Library of Congress up in here!! Easy to miss some threads and this one topic is so important and exciting, I don't blame them for wanting to post about it.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Regardless of the article, there have been several posts in the past (not referring to this article) that individuals reported they were susceptible to viral infections and since they started using their pv they seemed less susceptible, they wondered if there was a connection.

Perhaps stopping or reducing analogs was partly responsible, or maybe it was coincidence or luck.

ladybug

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
northern calif.
And that information is from this forum MORE THAN A YEAR AGO. In the Health section. I know. I found the research and posted the results under Germ-killing vapor, with links to all the original research. These headlines are a PR grab.
Well for what its worth ,I heard V8 jice will do the trick!:)

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    We can't scientifically whether or not vaping PG would lead to a decrease in the frequency of flu or any other repiratory infection. It would be worth studying however.

Recruit hundreds of vapers, smokers, and nonsmokers who have not been vaccinated and compare the rates of respiratory infections to that of the general population.

Kresh

May 2, 2009
    San Angelo, TX
    I can say that I've had seasonal and H1N1 shots and this morning have something viral. Kids gave it to us. I'm feeling better (vaping alot too) but my wife is up in bed and symptoms are 10 times worse for her.

The only thing I can say for sure is it's nice to vape when sick, indoors, and not the disgusting taste of analogs just to get a fix. THAT is worth it right there.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2009
    In The Plex
    kb.lime-it.us
    I've been using e-cigs for a year now. Over the course of that year I have had swine flu, seasonal flu and a common cold which turned into bronchitis.

Vaping is definitely not a substitute for vaccination as whatever protection it does provide doesn't extend to picking up a virus through contact with infected surfaces.

I'm sorry to hear of your illnesses.

But do you think maybe you should work on getting that immune system up a little ? I mean it can't be good to contract everything you come in contact with like that. That concerns me.

I have to ask because I have seen it quite bit, I'm going to guess that you use , or eat a lot of vitamin C , or when you start feeling bad, you hammer down on the C. Am I right ? I personally do the C as little as possible, if I feel a like I'm going to get sick, and I consume any C , then bam, I am sick.

In the last few years, i finally figured that out. It's not just me, they push C everywhere yo look, and it does nothing for anyone. The people I have awakened with this, well not all ok, they are the same way, they stay away from C, and the results speak for themselves.

I do however consume calcium + B. And I haven't yet , had a cold, other then a runny nose here and there, and I have not had the flu of any kind in the three years since my switch.

My question to those that know, ( I could google it ) is does PG have any properties of vitimin B , or the likes ?

BigJimW

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 17, 2009
    Warwick, RI
    www.moonport.org
    The thing that is troubling to me is yet another e-cig distributor is still making unsubstantiated health claims, this time under the guise of "news" but ending up being nothing more than an advertisment. Vaping is NOT going to stop you from getting H1N1 or any other variant of flu. It may make your symptoms less aggrivating because you're not smoking anymore, but you are still suseptable (sp?) to get it.

Stuff like this the FDA eats up. And we're all going to suffer in the end because of it.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2009
    Acme Looniversity
    That's actually what the initial 1940's study was for. Pumping propylene glycol into offices and buildings to cut down the spread of infection. It was also don't in hospitals with children and it cut down the spread of infection. We've all heard the story about the couple that went to a hospital after a car wreck--or something--and he picked up the flew and she didn't.

Truth or B.S.? Who knows? But if they do try to stick that sprayer up your nose to give you the H1N1 vaccine, make sure to ask if they have RY4 flavor. Couldn't hurt.

--Prof Daffy
    P.S. Love your avatar, Toots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread