E-cigarettes may help smokers quit even if they don't intend to, study finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
"Dec. 28 (UPI) -- Daily electronic cigarette use motivates smokers to transition from traditional cigarettes, even if they have no plans to quit the habit, a study published Tuesday by JAMA Network Open found.

Among 1,600 active smokers who had no intention to quit at the start of the study, 28% who used e-cigarette, or vaping, devices daily stopped smoking traditional cigarettes within 12 months, the data showed.

Meanwhile, just under 6% of those who did not use e-cigarettes daily quit smoking traditional cigarettes.

Daily e-cigarette users in the study were eight times more likely to quit smoking traditional cigarettes than non-daily users, according to the researchers........."

E-cigarettes may help smokers quit even if they don't intend to, study finds - UPI.com

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Really? Who'd have thought that?

Oh wait, I would have. December 2013. I got some vape stuff, hoping it would help me cut back my 40+ a day habit some, but I had no intention to quit. Well cut back I did. Right down to zero. In less than a week.

Of course we've heard plenty of other stories here of accidental or unintentional quitting.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Of course we've heard plenty of other stories here of accidental or unintentional quitting.
    Sept. 29th, 2014. I had no intention to quit smoking, or try again, or to start vaping. I was in the smoke shop to get another pack but the line at the register was long so I was just looking at the vape stuff they had on display. The manager/owner came over and told me how they worked and let me sample some different flavors. I decided to buy a starter kit (eGo/CE4) for the heck of it, thinking I would buy a pack later.. That was 7 years and a few months ago. I haven't smoked since then, although I did smoke about 1/2 a cig a month later but decided to keep vaping..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread