E-cigarettes: no smoke without ire (Good article about e-cigs in the U.K.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
One of my favorite comments regarding the "Puritans," or as we call them here, the ANTZ (in response to a poster who spoke about an addiction being an addiction which certainly wasn't healthy):

"We need to wean these people off their addiction to self-righteous bigotry. I suggest that essence of self-righteousness, without all the associated hazardous mental attitudes, be encapsulated in a little electronic device. People can then come on and announce how, after years of harmful addiction to self-righteousness, they switched to being an e-bigot and are no longer harming themselves or anyone else." :lol:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Would love for someone to counter the argument that it's nicotine that causes "vascular disease" resulting in the amputation of legs, etc...
In the comments by PeterPanther 05 January 2013 6:13 PM- I would but can't get my hands on the vascular research at the moment. His comment is near the end on the 4th page of comments.

Nicotine is indeed a vasoconstrictor, that is, it has the effect of increasing your blood pressure.

Similarly to caffeine. I've done a load of research myself and while I will readily agree that nicotine is bad for people who already have vascular or heart problems, I've never run into any reasonable arguments about it being the cause of them.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
There was research somewhere that showed that nicotine does increase blood pressure but that was only up to a few minutes after ingestion... no long term effects as long as you were not getting smoke (carbon monoxide, etc.).... Can't seem to find it. Otherwise, I would respond to the above comment. The tide has turned (as expected) :facepalm: from the evils of tobacco in the comments section of this article to the "evils of nicotine." The slanderous comments need a rebuke!!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Wow - over 550 comments now! That is one busy website! :ohmy:
Number of comments now up to 755 ...
+200 added within the past 2 days !!
1-BigGrin.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread