Not open for further replies.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it would be a problem. I've flown all over the world and never had my carry-on checked, nor my checked luggage. My wife had her checked luggage gone through once (got the paper stating that they had gone through it)... she was missing all of her underwear... nasty.

sea

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it would be a problem. I've flown all over the world and never had my carry-on checked, nor my checked luggage. My wife had her checked luggage gone through once (got the paper stating that they had gone through it)... she was missing all of her underwear... nasty.

That is nasty! I am concerned because I have read about Health Canada seizing nic juice at customs in shipping and was wondering if it was the same for bringing it in the country.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I think the biggest issue we have here is they don't want us buying it here. So if your bringing us all juice to buy off you it may be an issue. You should be fine. Personally I'd tell them it's a personal vaporizer rather than an ecig if they ask. But who knows it's up to the customs officer some are great some not so much.

Crow79

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2010
Vancouver
*bump* I am planning a trip to Toronto in the next couple months. I am curious about getting through Canadian customs with e-juice.

Anyone have advice/experiences?

I can give you advice. I've gone through security twice with a PCC full of carts, two attys, two batts, a 510, and three bottles of juice in ziploc bags. Had them in my jacket pocket and they got x-rayed. No one even blinked or asked what it was. Haven't actually vaped on a plane, but at least I know it won't get confiscated. Now, it was only a domestic flight (Vancouver to Toronto) but I don't see why things would be any different for you.

I WOULD recommend you take something that looks TRADITIONAL. Not an eGo, or a silver bullet, or even a box mod because it looks like a trigger or bomb. Just take something like a regular old 510, and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Crow79

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2010
Vancouver
I think the biggest issue we have here is they don't want us buying it here. So if your bringing us all juice to buy off you it may be an issue. You should be fine. Personally I'd tell them it's a personal vaporizer rather than an ecig if they ask. But who knows it's up to the customs officer some are great some not so much.

I would do the exact opposite and tell them it is an electronic cigarette. while a "personal vaporizer" might sound more benign to us, "electronic cigarette" is something people have actually heard of!

Besides, to someone uneducated, have you ever noticed when you call it a personal vaporizer, their very next question is "Really! for what, weed?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread