E-Cigs banned on campus property

Status
Not open for further replies.

congaman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2010
Saint Augustine Florida
[h=3]Title[/h]SJR State will become a tobacco-free college as of January 1, 2015. Click here to find out how this will affect you. Cessation help is available.
[h=3]Body[/h]SJR State will become a tobacco-free college as of January 1, 2015

As part of the College's Workplace Wellness Program, and in keeping with our commitment to provide a healthy and safe College environment, SJR State will become tobacco free beginning January 1, 2015.

The tobacco-free policy applies to all students, employees and visitors who are on College property and will prohibit the use of all forms of tobacco and smoking, including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, loose-leaf tobacco and snuff.

We're in this together.
We hope civility and respect for others will guide each of us during this transition toward a tobacco-free college community.

We're here to help!
On-campus cessation classes will be available on each campus in January.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
This is really going to piss my snuff queen girlfriend off! Believe me, I've seen her ...... off and it ain't pretty!

Snuff queens and snus slaves indeed, scary when cornered.

Colleges
On the face of it all, places of higher learning. So one would think also places of higher intellect and knowledge.

One would be wrong, wouldn't one.

kakiser56

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
New Hope, PA
Are they also banning NRT, such as patches and gums? What about nicotine inhalers? By their association of e-cigs with tobacco, then they should associate NRT items with tobacco too, even though neither has any tobacco in it. And to take it a step further, let's ban all fruits and vegetables which contain nicotine, such as tomatoes or egg plant.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Walk around with your PV and openly vape 100% wal-mart VG, show your gear and the bottle to anyone who questions you and ask them to show you the tobacco.

If e-cigs are defined as tobacco products, then any vaporizer that does not contain a tobacco derived element is NOT an e-cig, by definition.

Exactly! Those who are trying to regulate the e-cig industry are going to have a hell of time doing so because of these definitions. Yes, most e-cigs are potential vessels of tobacco derived elements but not for the never smoker crowd who are taking up vaping as a means to diet or the never smokers who are taking up vaping just cause it tastes so good or even the ex-smokers who are now vaping zero nic. I do believe Houston is going to have a big problem defining e-cigs.

As to the OP, boo! I'm not for this type of thing at all. I would agree to smoking area's but that's as far as I would want it taken.

Last edited:

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Walk around with your PV and openly vape 100% wal-mart VG, show your gear and the bottle to anyone who questions you and ask them to show you the tobacco.

If e-cigs are defined as tobacco products, then any vaporizer that does not contain a tobacco derived element is NOT an e-cig, by definition.

that's what I do and regularly on "smoke free" campuses..it's a PV and I'm not smoking, I'm vaping 100% vegetable glycerin with nicotine.

it's an education curve.

I can see why you're not going to vape anywhere in someone's face..might I recommend stealth vaping, *lol* dash into a bathroom stall..an unused conference room..etc *lol*

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Sorry to hear that a way to find a healthier life style is not available to you.

I wish I were back in school but that was a long time ago. A peaceful demonstration with an offer to the news media to join you would be my move. Using a PV is not tobacco, is not harmful to others and is taking away your rights.
Sset a date, get as many vapors as possible, notify the media the day before and have a vape off. Challenge them on their definition of tobacco and have them clarify how vaping is hurting you, the people around you and your rights as a student.

With a the data coming out showing virtually no risk this is pure insanity!

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Lebanon, Indiana, United States
This wouldn't stop me one big. Back when I was in high school I'd be firing up a cig right on school property as me and my buddy would be rolling out of the school parking lot in his truck. Many times I'd be sitting in the back and waving at the security guard as I did it. lol. This isn't going to stop anyone from doing either. Hell the vapers will just get smaller mods and just vape in the bathrooms. It is going to be a lot harder to prove they are vaping then when it comes to smoking. It most definitely isn't going to stop vaping in dorm rooms. Just look at how many likely still smoke in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread