Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
In my experience ecigs work well in helping current smokers become ex-smokers. In fact they are the most successful product to help smokers quit than any other product, ever. So 50k in one year in England and the United States has 4 to 5 times the population that the U.K. has so ecigs has helped between 225-250 thousand smokers quit smoking in the last year. Many variables at play that those numbers don’t take account for but any way you look at it ecigs are a huge positive for the health of smokers and their chances of quitting.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
In my experience ecigs work well in helping current smokers become ex-smokers. In fact they are the most successful product to help smokers quit than any other product, ever. So 50k in one year in England and the United States has 4 to 5 times the population that the U.K. has so ecigs has helped between 225-250 thousand smokers quit smoking in the last year. Many variables at play that those numbers don’t take account for but any way you look at it ecigs are a huge positive for the health of smokers and their chances of quitting.

Except that to hear the US government and US media tell it, ecigs have not saved anyone, and they are in "fact" more dangerous than cigarettes. :censored: Liars.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Except that to hear the US government and US media tell it, ecigs have not saved anyone, and they are in "fact" more dangerous than cigarettes. :censored: Liars.
I know right, I watch the news or read article online and feel like I’m in the twilight zone. Everything the mainstream media puts out is a vilification of vaping and the complete opposite to the reality of my everyday life vaping. Drives me nuts that these scumbags put their lies out there and people believe them. I just hope things go our way and that the liars are shown for what they are. It seems the truth isn’t as important as it once was, as important as it should be.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Reactions: Rossum

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
An almost balanced article. Of course they work to get in both sides of the equation, but that's to be expected. I'm honestly surprised the numbers were that low. 50,000 isn't a huge amount compared to the total number of smokers. But I do think the strict marketing regulations in the UK are a positive, and would have no problem seeing them adopted here. I'm not a fan of non-smokers picking up vaping to begin with, so limiting and targeting away from the general population is something I'd support.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
An almost balanced article. Of course they work to get in both sides of the equation, but that's to be expected. I'm honestly surprised the numbers were that low. 50,000 isn't a huge amount compared to the total number of smokers. But I do think the strict marketing regulations in the UK are a positive, and would have no problem seeing them adopted here. I'm not a fan of non-smokers picking up vaping to begin with, so limiting and targeting away from the general population is something I'd support.

If I had my way, the Surgeon General's Warning on every pack of smokes would add that vaping is presumed to be 95% safer than smoking. That is the PERFECT place to advertise vaping.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm not a fan of non-smokers picking up vaping to begin with, so limiting and targeting away from the general population is something I'd support.
In a perfect world those that would start smoking would start vaping with no-nic eliquid and wouldn't get addicted in the first place. Sadly we don't live in a perfect world. :facepalm:

I would support making no-nic vaping available to the general population. Eventually smoking would be a thing of the past. Personally I think vaping with no-nic would fill the desire to start smoking but would be simple to quit once the new has worn off unlike smoking where quitting isn't a simple process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread