Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Just a guess.. Because lots of companies add "healthy" items as a gimmick to sell their stuff... But for a pot vape vitamin E would be pretty expensive since they couldn't buy it cheap in bulk like Johnson&Johnson.

Next is the "all over the map" theme of what is inside non-vitamin E cbd vapes

And it's crazy to assume bad cbd vape makers would really want to go the extra mile $$$$ to add vitamin E when other oils are cheaper&extremely easy to get at the grocery store

Tests of the THC cartridges themselves revealed Vitamin E acetate, which is why it's a focus of interest rather than Crisco. Vitamin E acetate wasn't simply chosen at random to name as an adulterant present in those cartridges.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Poutine: a fresh, root vegetable salad with beef vinaigrette and fresh, dairy accents.
This one stuck with me. Took me a while. The lie here is the use of the term salad combined with the absence of “deep fried “

You could say “a deep fried salad” but that doesn’t work too well. 90% of the time salad means raw and implies variety. Neither is true in this case, but “salad” is a vague term. It technically means merely “salted” so it’s not inaccurate.

Marketing is the art of BS so finely ground as to slip past the defenses of the victim.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Nova Scotia Tories push for law to limit vaping | The Star

Conservatives are pushing for a ban on flavoured vaping products and penalties for anyone under 19 caught using tobacco products.

Make teenagers criminals and give them criminal records with permanent travel bans. Hmmm ... not getting my vote on October 21.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Nova Scotia Tories push for law to limit vaping | The Star

Conservatives are pushing for a ban on flavoured vaping products and penalties for anyone under 19 caught using tobacco products.

Make teenagers criminals and give them criminal records with permanent travel bans. Hmmm ... not getting my vote on October 21.

Penalties do not have to include criminal records with travel bans or sending our teenagers to prison labor camps in North Korea. Impose fines, and hefty ones and ensure law agencies are adhering to the new regulations. Every store in Canada needs to apply and be approved for a tobacco and or vape licence. If caught selling to minors, they should be subjected to even stiffer fines and risks of loosing their licence. 0 tolerance needs to implemented!

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Penalties do not have to include criminal records with travel bans or sending our teenagers to prison labor camps in North Korea. Impose fines, and hefty ones and ensure law agencies are adhering to the new regulations. Every store in Canada needs to apply and be approved for a tobacco and or vape licence. If caught selling to minors, they should be subjected to even stiffer fines and risks of loosing their licence. 0 tolerance needs to implemented!

Question. Stores that sell tobacco in Canada aren't already required to posses a license?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Question. Stores that sell tobacco in Canada aren't already required to posses a license?

Yes, I mentioned tobacco and vaping licence because e-cig stores that only sell vape products still require the licence. C-Stores and tobacco specialty shops already have a licence to sell tobacco. It’s a bit grey if an additional licence is required to sell vape products, but I suspect no given vaping and tobacco both fall under the same Canadian law which can also have additional Provincial regulations.

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@Eskie – just to further note, Canadian law does impose fines toward those who sell to minors. But as mentioned, Provinces can extend that to a stricter punishment. Unsure of the Provincial law in Nova Scotia, but here in Ontario, selling to minors can lead to a temporary prohibition on your tobacco licence with further offences risking losing that licence. Any retailer caught gets one of these nice colourful signs in their front window

EDIT: I have NEVER seen one of these signs in a storefront window. Seen many liquor and food offence signs, but never a tobacco offence.

EN_prohibition_minors.jpg

Last edited:

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Penalties do not have to include criminal records with travel bans or sending our teenagers to prison labor camps in North Korea.
Hope so. For the longest time, possession of cannabis gave one a criminal record and permanent travel ban. Since we have no details as to the Conservative Bill being proposed, their typical 'tough on crime' stance may involve a criminal record.
Provinces can extend that to a stricter punishment. Unsure of the Provincial law in Nova Scotia

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...sed-banning-flavoured-vape-products-1.5306141

People under the age of 19 are currently not allowed to buy tobacco products in Nova Scotia, but there are no restrictions on them possessing it. The changes proposed by the Tories would impose a fine similar to cannabis and alcohol fines.

Btw, Conservatives in Alberta are also pushing for strict vaping regulations ...
Will be voting early :grr:

Last edited:

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Vaping retailers may soon require licences to sell in Toronto

Carleton Grant, the city’s executive director of Municipal Licensing and Standards, said the growth in the vaping industry is what has made this move necessary.

Grant said the new licenses will affect the approximately 78 vape specialty shops operating in the city the most. Each will be required to apply for the new license before being able to continue their sales.

Of the roughly 1,400 other locations in the city that sell vape products, including gas stations and tobacco shops, Grant said it will be a different process. The locations that already have licenses to sell tobacco will be required to register with the city that they are selling vape products at no additional cost.

If city council opts to go the licensing route, retail locations would have to get the proper paperwork by April 1, 2020. Grant said once that date hits, the city would try to educate locations operating without a license before issuing fines.

See also ...
At Provincial level ...

mel_vin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
Toronto
I was posting this in the health forum, but might as well here. So looks like there are new studdies that have suffaced about vaping and cancer. I am bumbed out as I dont know what/who to believe anymore. Shooken me up enought that I havent vaped in a day and a bit now. Trying to see if I can stop this habbit now, although it makes me sad. What do you guys think of this:

Bad news: Vaping nicotine linked to lung cancer in mice

Researchers find e-cigarettes cause lung cancer in mice in first study tying vaping to cancer
:(

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada

None of the 20 mice exposed to e-cigarette smoke without nicotine developed cancer over the four years they studied the mice, researchers said.

As a mammalian comparative study inductive generalization to mice is a correlation at best. If there is anything to inductively glean from the study ... smoking is still more harmful, vaping is less harmful, particularly with less (or near zero) nicotine.

Last edited:

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I was posting this in the health forum, but might as well here. So looks like there are new studdies that have suffaced about vaping and cancer. I am bumbed out as I dont know what/who to believe anymore. Shooken me up enought that I havent vaped in a day and a bit now. Trying to see if I can stop this habbit now, although it makes me sad. What do you guys think of this:

Bad news: Vaping nicotine linked to lung cancer in mice

Researchers find e-cigarettes cause lung cancer in mice in first study tying vaping to cancer
:(
I haven't tracked down the actual study, but I did find this reaction to the study:

expert reaction to study on ecig vapour and cancer in mice | Science Media Centre

mel_vin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
Toronto
you know I was reading that line over and over to ensure I was seeing it right. Guess Ive been dealing with a whole whack of people constantly on my case regarding vaping who are just utterly regurgitating what they hear (and not fully understanding it)and I maintained that hey, Ive been vaping for 6 years or so, whats the deal here? Than this comes up and I dunno, guess just shook me a bit.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
I think all kids should be beaten at least once a day and do 5 years Military Service. Anyone with unruly kids send em my way I will straighten them out. :rolleyes:

mel_vin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
Toronto
So whats the deal with Salts then? What are the purpose of that? Im so out of it. But this is the thing even with these pods that have the vitamin E in it. Someone thought it was a good idea and then some people died. This crap just needs to get regulated and monitored. I dont know what the hold out is for that.

• Agree
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
None of the 20 mice exposed to e-cigarette smoke without nicotine developed cancer over the four years they studied the mice, researchers said.
Well if i were a spin-doctor those results would clearly mean that vaping zero nic e-liquid was beneficial to health. Hell, you could even go so far as to state that vaping protects you from cancer.
AND
Vaping with nic e-liquid was no worse than breathing air.
The trouble is we're not mice....

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So whats the deal with Salts then? What are the purpose of that? Im so out of it. But this is the thing even with these pods that have the vitamin E in it. Someone thought it was a good idea and then some people died. This crap just needs to get regulated and monitored. I dont know what the hold out is for that.

Nic salts are primarily used to allow for a higher concentration of nic to be used while reducing throat hit and making it tolerable. That's really about it. As to the vitamin E thing, that is in THC cartridges, not nic pods or juice.

Reactions: Rossum

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well if i were a spin-doctor those results would clearly mean that vaping zero nic e-liquid was beneficial to health. Hell, you could even go so far as to state that vaping protects you from cancer.
AND
Vaping with nic e-liquid was no worse than breathing air.
The trouble is we're not mice....

We're also not mice with genetic mutations predisposing us to develop cancer much faster. Granted, it's easier on the researchers if the mice kick off faster than slower, but as a model of the average human, not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread