• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

E-cigs in the news!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I hate any official's response like that.... who friggin cares !! Did I ask for something that (in some higher-than-thou's opinion) will make or help me quit ??

NO, I've managed to find a device that allows me to not be condemned by infecting others airspace, and something that doesn't poison me with the known carginogens emitted when smoking an ignited tobacco cigarette !!

Bloody arrogant "quit or die" attitudes just piss me off !! This is about "harm reduction", no more, no less, and should it end up helping some entiresly quit there use of nicotine through reducing their intake, then that should be considered a BONUS !!

Hell, even cessation products don't help you quit unless you partake in the brainwashing support sessions and monitoring. So, its NOT about the product, its about the pyschological side of smoking working.

Next, the non's and the "I'm better than you's" are going to ban sucking on your thumb as an unacceptable behavior need intervention because that "could" lead to smoking because it mimics the action of smoking cigarettes.

Friggin ninnies and nanny wannabe's !!!

Damn, that riled me and now I need a smoke !!

PPP... if you order a "reputable" two piece design e-cig from the states and they ship UPS, by the time it gets here with the exchange rate, add the GST and brokerage fee's your actually well over the $200 mark.

VapeOn,
Greg

Tar Free

Mar 22, 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada
taken from the article from CTV.ca dated Feb 21, 2009

Quote"Health Canada expects to complete its review of e-cigarettes by March of this year. Officials say they have the authority to ask retailers to stop selling any e-cigarettes that claim to be a smoking-cessation aid without having a drug identification number (DIN). "Quote

Looks like this has GOT to be the fastest Health Canada has EVER moved on any health related issues...MUST be $$$ involved. Here we go Gang...

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I would be absolutely amazed if Health Canada takes ANY stance this month or even this year. Anything they say will be non-committal for quite some time. (This does not include action on the juice)

The financial benefit to Canada taxpayers from ecigs is enormous. In the end, barring REAL health data showing adverse effects, there is no way that ecigs will be banned in Canada. We're talking savings of over 15 billion dollars a year in a country that rarely runs a deficit.

You have to remember we have no powerful lobby groups. Big Pharm has no power here and either does the Tobacco industry. The decision will be made with the coffers of the gov't and indirectly the health of the population in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread