Travel and Vaping E-Cigs in UAE (Dubai/Abu Dhabi) - anyone been there recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, thanks for all the great information posted here. I travel a lot for work and it's really helpful to have all these tips and tricks!

Next month I'll be working in UAE for a while. Google tells me that they hate e-cigs there, backed up by all that wonderful FDA data!

Question is, how much do they hate them? If anyone has some info I'd appreciate hearing it!

Karen

I'm back safe and sound. Didn't vape out in the open - my travelling companion was an unknown quantity so didn't want to raise it with her.

Made it safely through security and customs. I carried a couple of 510 batts in a metal lined case that I got included with my 510 kit. I put it in with my laptop and all the various chargers, etc. Small bottle of juice with my other little liquids in a baggie and it went completely unnoticed. I put my ego batts that I normally use in my checked luggage along with a couple more bottles of juice. I put them in my cosmetics bag with all the other paraphernalia.

Thanks to everybody for all the advice here.

Albeit Late,

Glad to hear you had a good trip! Ironically enough I have been temporarily "Stationed" in Dubai.... go figure. Been here 6 weeks, and have another estimated 4 to go.

Kind of thrilled that Im missing all the arctic blast thats hitting back home. On that note... off to the pool. ;-)

RIA

mvc

Jan 26, 2010
Canada
Hmm,
So anyone who had their shipment stopped at Dubai?
I have just ordered a replacement set for my Maxx and it came - the post office just told me its in customs and they could not find it today.
The guy in the customs was telling me that even if they find it it will probably be detained, since it is not allowed...
This is crap - I am ordering a rechargeable battery and a small heating element - no chemicals contained or anything...
Anyway, searched the net for quite some time to find the exact document that bans the e-cigs and could not find anyting.
Anyone has more information on that issue?

mvc, sorry to hear you are still stuck. Try boiling the attys to revive them - you'll find instructions here on the board.

I did some searching around on Google, as I realize you are behind a big old firewall there. I found a supplier that was/is based in Dubai that might be blocked from your results. They claim to be the biggest supplier in the Middle East although they are listing a US address. Bear in mind that I have not contacted them or dealt with them. This is just a lead that might help you out.

Cigarti, L.L.C.
6602 E 75th St.
Suite 505
Indianapolis, IN 46250 USA.

P.O. Box: 50036

Tel:
1 855-4-Cigarti (Toll Free)
+1317 5962150 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST (USA)
+9714 4477 445 (Worldwide)

Email: info@cigarti.com

Try emailing them, they may have stock already in the country. Best of luck. Here in Canada our juice suppliers are getting shut down. Glad they have all the serious problems solved so they have time to pick on vapers!

Last edited:

mvc

Jan 26, 2010
Canada
Thanks karene - I started with Cigarti more than one year ago - they make their own stuff - sort of kr808 cartomizer type so it wont help me to use on my 510 Maxx. I even still have some cartomizers from them that have never been used.
I was just so ...... - the guy opened it in front of me and then removed it - when I asked to show me a document that says it is not allowed - he said NO!
Anyway probably will have to order to an outside location and then carry it with me on my next trip outside of the country or ask some of my friends to deliver some...
At least in Canada you have the option of taking your car to US and buy whatever you need - they don't check on the borders, right? :)

Yeah, asking for proof and questioning decisions will not get you far in that part of the world.

Some suppliers carry a kr8 to 510 adapter that would make your attys fit.

Actually they do check cars at the border on a pretty regular basis. And it's a big country - many vapers are days away from a border. Anyway, best of luck to you, hope you find a way through.

mvc

Jan 26, 2010
Canada
Just to let everyone know and to warn anyone coming here, I just got a call from Dubai customs telling me that I have a fine to pay for the case for the electronic cigarette - around 135 USD (500 AED). No mention on whats going to happen to the shipment - if they are going to destroy it or send it back...
So be careful if coming here with your ecig - you never know what might happen!

I am even considering going back to analogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread