e-cigs may take some getting used to I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

username1970

May 14, 2012
USA
I've been a long time Eclipse smoker and apparently either the distributor or RJR is discontinuing them. (There's a thread here about them if you're not familiar: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/159166-rjr-eclipse.html .) The place where I buy them says it's RJR but they have said they have no plans to discontinue them. At any rate I may have the last pack in the entire state. (I'm not 100% sure of that, but I've called every place that RJR thinks sells them).

So I'm giving e-cigs another try. I got an Envy a few years ago and didn't think much of it. I bought a OneJoy a couple of weeks ago and thought it was okay but I still prefer Eclipse. Just bought Mistic at the local megastore, but still too early for me to have an opinion on them.

It did take me a while to switch from conventional cigarettes to Eclipse but once I did I found I liked them a lot more and couldn't stand the fully analog types. In fact it took me a couple of tries and being quite sick before I got them.

The good thing about the 3 I've tried is they were relatively cheap. I don't really want to spend a lot of money for something I'm not even sure I'll like but perhaps by going cheap I'm not getting very good ones.

Someone mentioned Plooms in the above-mentioned Eclipse thread. Those sound intriguing to me and I'll have to read up more on them, but there again it looks like I'll have to shell out more than I was paying for a carton of Eclipses to see if I like them.

OnnaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
GA
I didn't read about Eclipse...too tired right now. Probably the best place to start is the ECF Library...Wonderful World of Vaping articles. Pics included, gives a great turorial. I really don't know enough about small e-cigs to be of much help. I use, and LOVE my Tornado (Totally Wicked's version of the eGo...). It is pricy...sort of. Good Luck in your endeavors!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you haven't been getting very good ones by going cheap.

Get a hold of a Volt. It'll cost you about $50 for a full kit with a couple batteries and some cartridges. Don't cheat yourself out of making e-cigs work by using the lousy gas station brands. They are NOT disposable and will last you a year or two. All you need to do is buy the refill cartridges, or save some money and refill them yourself. It's child's play to do that and it'll end up costing you way less in the not-so-long run.

I never recommend an e-cig that is similarly shaped to a cigarette, but the Volt is one of only a few that are worth buying. You can see them at smokelessimage.com This board is full of people who tried all those cheap drugstore brands and switched to a volt. Hear me now, believe me later. You won't be sorry.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I didn't read about Eclipse...too tired right now. Probably the best place to start is the ECF Library...Wonderful World of Vaping articles. Pics included, gives a great turorial. I really don't know enough about small e-cigs to be of much help. I use, and LOVE my Tornado (Totally Wicked's version of the eGo...). It is pricy...sort of. Good Luck in your endeavors!

I remember them. I read some of the thread. Best quote: "Tastes like ...."

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Hi & Welcome to ECF. I'm not familiar with the Eclipse, but have heard of the e-cigs you mentioned. Generally the ones you find locally at convenience stores, big-box stores, grocery stores, etc. tend to be very sub-standard products from all I've seen & read. I just read a bit of the thread you linked above for the Eclipse & didn't see much favor toward it either, but still....

Taste is very subjective. As you mentioned, there was a transition period involved when you switched from regular cigarettes to the Eclipse, but it turned out to be a "move up" for you. I can almost assure you there will be a similar period of transition moving into the vaping experience, but in many ways I expect it will be much different. For one thing, the vapor doesn't have to taste anything at all like burning tobacco - in fact, it can taste like just about anything you choose!

Please read all you can here & ask anything that comes to mind. Don't be daunted by the vast number of choices available, they're part of what keeps the whole experience so interesting. And you'll have a lot of folks here to cheer you on.

Best of luck, & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I had never heard of this Eclipse before now. Interesting read! I think you'll like vaping much better than that. You don't have to have any butane, and the flavor variety is 'out of this world'! Like Warren said, if you have any questions (this can be quite overwhelming at first) don't hesitate to post! Welcome to ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread